Unchained

Since 2004 and joining the ACC

Va.Tech 83-22 4 ACC Titles

UVA 49-47 0 ACC Titles

Since joining the ACC in 2004, Va.Tech is 7-0 vs UVA

Overall since 1995

Va.Tech 167 - 49 with 7 BCS games

UVA 116 - 91 with 0 BCS games

Lets let UVA fans enjoy the 8-3 dream season they are having.

Damn, I guess UVA shouldn't even bother to show up. Since previous seasons' results obviously influence the current game played by this year's team, Tech's got this in the bag.

/Sarcasm.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol And its people like you that make people like myself think VT fans are clowns. VT is not THAT good of a team lol. They certainly shouldnt be ranked 5th in the nation. Being a Notre Dame fan, I do not take my team to seriously. I am happy when they win, unhappy when they dont but I certainly do not over estimate their value the way you do with Tech lol.

lolLet me set you straight: If Tech plays like crap, they wont win unless UVA plays worse. If Tech and UVA both bring their A game, its going to be a close and exciting match. lol Bragging about a blowout is silly given your teams current track record.

oh and I forgot: lol

By the way, the SEC thinks your team is a joke.lol

Comment 1: This is written by someone without a dog in the fight.

Comment 2: Yes, this is seriously how the rest of America looks at you. They sure do at Penn State.

Damn, I guess UVA shouldn't even bother to show up. Since previous seasons' results obviously influence the current game played by this year's team, Tech's got this in the bag.

/Sarcasm.

Well, you know the last time Tech's QB was #3 they took a loss. Plus, the announcers have called 2 home team upsets so far this year. So by this logic, VT shouldn't even show up either. UVA's got this in the bag.

/Sarcasm.

Just giving you a hard time, UVAO. I knew when those stats were posted you'd love them. ;)

I think UVA has had a unreal season Mike London has turned this program around alot quicker than I thought he would and its a great thing to watch plus his life story is even more remarkable he was nearly killed as a police officer in richmond this is there year to shine UVA kicks a field goal as time expires and upsets tech 17-14 Go Wahoos baby

What kind of season has UVA really had?

A fight with Indiana, a loss to Southern Miss (I don't care if they were once ranked this year, they lost to Marshall and UAB), an OT win over Ida-frickin-ho, and a loss to Sean Glennon's brother.

8-3 is good. It's great for UVA. But on paper, it's an eye roller (not that VT"s is that great). I just don't see why UVA is so confident about this one.

A fight with Indiana, a loss to Southern Miss (I don't care if they were once ranked this year, they lost to Marshall and UAB), an OT win over Ida-frickin-ho, and a loss to Sean Glennon's brother.

8-3 is good. It's great for UVA. But on paper, it's an eye roller (not that VT"s is that great). I just don't see why UVA is so confident about this one.

we will find out saturday

Guest The Variable

Because they actually have something to play for instead aside from just beating Tech. And they are playing well.

Because they actually have something to play for instead aside from just beating Tech. And they are playing well.

Can't the same be said for VT?

Other than just routinely whipping UVA... we now have a good reason to?

Guest The Variable
Can't the same be said for VT?

Other than just routinely whipping UVA... we now have a good reason to?

Pride goeth...thats all Im saying. This is a different UVA team than VT is used to. They are fired up and a lot more talented than in the past.

Pride goeth...thats all Im saying. This is a different UVA team than VT is used to. They are fired up and a lot more talented than in the past.

I don't even think they're more talented. I think Mike London just knows how to use them and inspire them.

I even think UVAO would agree with that and we're supposed to hate each other this week.

Guest The Variable
I don't even think they're more talented. I think Mike London just knows how to use them and inspire them.

I even think UVAO would agree with that and we're supposed to hate each other this week.

I can agree with that.

Heck no, we're not more talented as a collective unit. It's closer than it has been in some time, and will continue to grow closer until 2014, when I envision it about even. I think we're better in certain positions than are the Hokies, particularly in the defensive front-7 and offensive lines, but without question, VT has the better skill players and better secondary.

London admits to not being much of an Xs-and-Os guy as much as he is communicator, motivator, father-figure. If you can assemble a staff around you that IS Xs-and-Os oriented, as London has done, you can really excel.

The biggest difference I see in VT and UVA is cohesion. I feel as if UVA plays as a cohesive unit, whereas VT too often looks to be the sum of its collective parts. That's why I rank this team as VT's worst since 2003. Yes, the wins are there. But VT does not play as "one". You can do that against mediocre teams. You cannot against good teams. UVA will be VT's 2nd-toughest test this year. VT flunked its toughest test very badly. VT barely passed its 3rd.

3 days.

Well, you know the last time Tech's QB was #3 they took a loss. Plus, the announcers have called 2 home team upsets so far this year. So by this logic, VT shouldn't even show up either. UVA's got this in the bag.

/Sarcasm.

Just giving you a hard time, UVAO. I knew when those stats were posted you'd love them. ;)

I know you're breaking my jewels here. ;)

Others, I'm not so sure about...

Guest StoneyCalhoun
If VT wins, it won't be by double-digits. And no team has scored more than 31 on UVA this year.

Heck no, we're not more talented as a collective unit. It's closer than it has been in some time, and will continue to grow closer until 2014, when I envision it about even. I think we're better in certain positions than are the Hokies, particularly in the defensive front-7 and offensive lines, but without question, VT has the better skill players and better secondary.

London admits to not being much of an Xs-and-Os guy as much as he is communicator, motivator, father-figure. If you can assemble a staff around you that IS Xs-and-Os oriented, as London has done, you can really excel.

The biggest difference I see in VT and UVA is cohesion. I feel as if UVA plays as a cohesive unit, whereas VT too often looks to be the sum of its collective parts. That's why I rank this team as VT's worst since 2003. Yes, the wins are there. But VT does not play as "one". You can do that against mediocre teams. You cannot against good teams. UVA will be VT's 2nd-toughest test this year. VT flunked its toughest test very badly. VT barely passed its 3rd.

3 days.

Just a few thoughts.

A) UVA has been beaten by double digits just as many times as they have won against FBS opponents, only beating Duke, MD by double digits. The 31 points you speak of was by Indiana as well. I don't think VT will lose by 10. They could lose though IMO.

B) I actually think this team is quite cohesive, more than you think. (In addition, how can we ever measure this?) But look at how defensive players have stepped up and filled the void. We have lost Battle, Hopkins, JGW, Bruce Taylor for the season, Tweedy, Gayle, Hosely, all at some points, but players keep making plays. The reason, the players play as a team.

That being said, we will never agree on the above, just because of what it is.

C) I disagree on flunking the Clemson test. We had the ball for 34 minutes, Logan went 15-27, and were hurt by bad special teams play and turnovers.

Tahj Boyd went 13-32, and Sammy Watkins had 38 yards receiving, and 4 yards rushing on 2 carries. Up until NC State, Clemson had scored in the 30's or above in every game except for VT. I believe Clemson only had 80 yards rushing before the final TD run.

Yes, we lost by 20, but despite a few big plays that didn't swing our way we would have been right in it. It was LTs first big game and he was alright.

D) Our third test? I hope you mean GT. We played them pretty soundly, especially with both of us coming off of a bye week. I think we passed test that very well to beat them on their turf on Thursday night.

E) UVA is playing very well, however just like you can point out all the times VT squeaked by, the same can be said for UVA. FSU should have never lost that game if they score in the red zone. Indiana and Idaho (why didn't they kick it) were close wins, GT was a squeaker, Miami was an OT win, Duke held on for a little while (Total Yards almost the same BTW).

F) Mike London is a good coach, no doubt about that.

G) UVA is a good team. How good? Not really sure. Can they beat VT? Absolutely.

H) I think this is the perfect storm for UVA, but that being said I think VT knows that. Hopefully they are well prepared.

F) UVAO, what can I say. I appreciated your posts for many years on here (from the man once known as BeaverTail) but now they really annoy me when we talk about this game, and in general VT. It honestly seems as if you have a very large chip on your shoulder.

Any logical VT fan will tell you the chances for them to lose are very high. That being said, we are 10-1, and we have played all our opponents well enough to win, which is VT's persona at times throughout the years.

I think a logical UVA fan (is there one out there, I used to know this one guy on here...jk) would tell you the same thing, and not expect a 2 TD win.

Pounding your chest claiming VT CAN NOT win by 10, but UVA for sure will doesn't seem very logical looking at the data. I think since the VT/UNC game you have grown some hatred that is brewing inside and causing you to become some UVA Goon lol.

You definitely show flashes of your old self, but the Goon arises every now and again as we get closer.

What letter am I on?) The reason for the above is this --> It is going to be a good, hard fought game, with either team having a great chance to win. I hope VT plays above my expectations, they may need to. No need to belittle either team, they have put W's on the board, and both deserve respect.

Ok, the actual real reason --> I am bored watching the parade. Have a good Thanksgiving everybody! And UVAO, please don't take it out on the Gobbler on your table. :)

Just a few thoughts.

A) UVA has been beaten by double digits just as many times as they have won against FBS opponents, only beating Duke, MD by double digits. The 31 points you speak of was by Indiana as well. I don't think VT will lose by 10. They could lose though IMO.

B) I actually think this team is quite cohesive, more than you think. (In addition, how can we ever measure this?) But look at how defensive players have stepped up and filled the void. We have lost Battle, Hopkins, JGW, Bruce Taylor for the season, Tweedy, Gayle, Hosely, all at some points, but players keep making plays. The reason, the players play as a team.

That being said, we will never agree on the above, just because of what it is.

C) I disagree on flunking the Clemson test. We had the ball for 34 minutes, Logan went 15-27, and were hurt by bad special teams play and turnovers.

Tahj Boyd went 13-32, and Sammy Watkins had 38 yards receiving, and 4 yards rushing on 2 carries. Up until NC State, Clemson had scored in the 30's or above in every game except for VT. I believe Clemson only had 80 yards rushing before the final TD run.

Yes, we lost by 20, but despite a few big plays that didn't swing our way we would have been right in it. It was LTs first big game and he was alright.

D) Our third test? I hope you mean GT. We played them pretty soundly, especially with both of us coming off of a bye week. I think we passed test that very well to beat them on their turf on Thursday night.

E) UVA is playing very well, however just like you can point out all the times VT squeaked by, the same can be said for UVA. FSU should have never lost that game if they score in the red zone. Indiana and Idaho (why didn't they kick it) were close wins, GT was a squeaker, Miami was an OT win, Duke held on for a little while (Total Yards almost the same BTW).

F) Mike London is a good coach, no doubt about that.

G) UVA is a good team. How good? Not really sure. Can they beat VT? Absolutely.

H) I think this is the perfect storm for UVA, but that being said I think VT knows that. Hopefully they are well prepared.

F) UVAO, what can I say. I appreciated your posts for many years on here (from the man once known as BeaverTail) but now they really annoy me when we talk about this game, and in general VT. It honestly seems as if you have a very large chip on your shoulder.

Any logical VT fan will tell you the chances for them to lose are very high. That being said, we are 10-1, and we have played all our opponents well enough to win, which is VT's persona at times throughout the years.

I think a logical UVA fan (is there one out there, I used to know this one guy on here...jk) would tell you the same thing, and not expect a 2 TD win.

Pounding your chest claiming VT CAN NOT win by 10, but UVA for sure will doesn't seem very logical looking at the data. I think since the VT/UNC game you have grown some hatred that is brewing inside and causing you to become some UVA Goon lol.

You definitely show flashes of your old self, but the Goon arises every now and again as we get closer.

What letter am I on?) The reason for the above is this --> It is going to be a good, hard fought game, with either team having a great chance to win. I hope VT plays above my expectations, they may need to. No need to belittle either team, they have put W's on the board, and both deserve respect.

Ok, the actual real reason --> I am bored watching the parade. Have a good Thanksgiving everybody! And UVAO, please don't take it out on the Gobbler on your table. :)

Just a few?

A. Good point that UVA has only beaten 2 teams by double-digits. However, those 2 times were in the last 3 games. Only Oklahoma has beaten FSU by double-digits, and that was by 10, with E.J. Manuel hurt. We're playing good ball.

B. I didn't say that the substitutes haven't stepped up admirably. In fact, I said earlier this week that the experience those substitutes have gained is going to serve VT very well in 2012-2013. They're young, and this is many of their first seasons at full game speed. If your defense is doing this well now, that bode well for later. However, as you'd expect with a team literally decimated by injuries, they just do not appear very cohesive to an outsider. Agree to disagree if we must.

C. But you lost by 20 and didn't score a touchdown. Who cares if you won TOP if you can't score when you have it. You're going to win TOP when your offense is run first-run second-run third-pass fourth.

Note to Hokie fans: 15-27 is not a particularly good passing day. Neither is 7-13. Neither is 17-32. Now, 23-25 is extraordinary. That's what gets my goad about Hokie fans. As long as VT wins, you guys seem to heap praise even where it's not deserved. You guys treat the 15-27 game the same as the 23-25 game.

D. If Ottochwu didn't feel the need momentarily morph into Mike Tyson, VT would've lost that one. Remember, VT was pinned deep in their own territory with GT ready to stick the dagger in on the next possession. BTW, I was referring to Miami, but thanks for bringing GT up. P.S.: I was actually cheering for VT in that game. We needed someone to knock GT out, and it happened.

E. Miami was not an OT win, and we were never tied after UVA first scored. GT never led. The Minnifield INT knocked Duke out in the 3rd quarter. If anything, UVA doesn't continually keep the hammer down on offense, so we don't win games by margins greater than 2 scores. FSU was the first time the defense played hard for all 4 quarters. The offense has yet to.

F. Thanks, but you have the current wins leader on your sideline.

G. Agree totally, but we are good enough to win when not all pistons are firing (FSU).

H. I think I can respond to the rest of the post here. This is UVA's best chance since 2004. I'm probably the only one that remembers this, but UVA could've been up 17-0 in that game (Hughes miss from 38 yards, Lundy fumble at VT 2). That 2007 team was all smoke-and-mirrors. 5 wins by 2 points or less, and Chris Long made pivotal plays in all of them.

That's the reason I'm so excited, even bordering on irrational at times. I see a team in VT that has been dancing on land mines this year, and I see a team in UVA that's playing as together and close as I've seen a UVA team play in a long, long time.

Each of us are at least a little bit of homers. Look at Mapper, for goodness sakes. He thinks VT will win by 30+. Speaking of "the data doesn't suggest that", case-and-point.

The reason I suggested two scores is that in the 2003 VT game, 35-21, UVA tacked on the 2nd score very late. I think something similar could happen here. Besides, if one favors Team B to Team A in a matchup, would it not follow that the same one would predict that Team B would win by a larger margin than Team A? That's what I'm dong here.

It will be a good game. That's the shame of not being local. I wish I could sit and have a beer after this game either way. Otherwise, I would.

I do agree that imo Virginia is playing the best team ball, Techs offense has always been about giving one of their playmakers the ball and then standing back and seeing what he can do with it, I don't know who will win the game being a Bama fan first it seems to me that I can see both sides getting a little ahead of themselves, all the Tech fans I know wanting them to get a shot at one of the top 3 teams is a joke in my mind, but its their opinion. What I am looking forward to is hopefully the first game in a bit that is actually close and competitive and maybe a real rivalry can be seen again.

There's only one stat that nobody has mentioned in this thread yet and if it was my apology, but a key stat for the season is that VT ranks 6th nationally for time of possession, one way to keep from allowing Wilson on the field where at anytime can make a highlight reel and turn the game around or Thomas being on a hot seat, UVA will have to be able to run the ball and milk the clock, my prediction-whichever team has more rushing yards wins this one, biased or unbiased, I am a hokie fan and since VT has out rushed it's opponent in all but two games this year, I go with VT 31 UVA 21, VT taking the game middle way through the 4th as UVA's front 5,7, or 8, however many they use, begin to wear down. Also predict nearly 25,000 hokie fans will have heart attacks Saturday as some do not expect a close game as it WILL be.

There's only one stat that nobody has mentioned in this thread yet and if it was my apology, but a key stat for the season is that VT ranks 6th nationally for time of possession, one way to keep from allowing Wilson on the field where at anytime can make a highlight reel and turn the game around or Thomas being on a hot seat, UVA will have to be able to run the ball and milk the clock, my prediction-whichever team has more rushing yards wins this one, biased or unbiased, I am a hokie fan and since VT has out rushed it's opponent in all but two games this year, I go with VT 31 UVA 21, VT taking the game middle way through the 4th as UVA's front 5,7, or 8, however many they use, begin to wear down. Also predict nearly 25,000 hokie fans will have heart attacks Saturday as some do not expect a close game as it WILL be.

I think that's a very good take on one of the big keys to the game. I'd just add that VT must do something with the TOP they have. They had the advantage at Clemson, but couldn't break the Tiger defense.