Orange: VT

Chick-Fil-A: Clemson

Champs: FSU

Sun: GT

Belk: NCST

Music City: UVA

Independence: Wake

Military: UNC

If Clemson wins, probably just switch VT/Clemson. However, there's the slimmest of chances the ACC could send 2 teams to the BCS, particularly if OSU beats OU again. If so, that throws lots of things into flux.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the predicted VT win...

Orange: VT

Chick-Fil-A: Clemson

Champs: FSU

Belk: NCST

Music City: UVA

Independence: Wake

Military: UNC

If Clemson wins, probably just switch VT/Clemson. However, there's the slimmest of chances the ACC could send 2 teams to the BCS, particularly if OSU beats OU again. If so, that throws lots of things into flux.

VT winning could push Clemson out of the Peach though.

Per the AJC, they don't want to pick a team that lost 4 of the last 5, especially if they pick Auburn which it looks like they are leaning that way.

It will be FSU vs Auburn or Clemson vs Florida, I think FSU is a more likely pick if VT wins.

VT winning could push Clemson out of the Peach though.

Per the AJC, they don't want to pick a team that lost 4 of the last 5, especially if they pick Auburn which it looks like they are leaning that way.

It will be FSU vs Auburn or Clemson vs Florida, I think FSU is a more likely pick if VT wins.

If it pushes them out of the Peace, I think FSU goes in its stead and bumps Clemson down to Champs.

Of course, I'm hopeful that UVA could vault up, but I'm not banking on it.

After reading the bowls' twitter feeds, Champs Sports has UVA as its #3 team following Clemson and FSU in that order. They said it, not me. FSU played in the Peach last year, and UVA beat FSU this year. Would the Peach take UVA over FSU? It's an interesting discussion.

If Clemson pulled a miracle and shocked VT like in Blacksburg, Clemson goes to the Orange Bowl. There are six conferences with automatic tie-ins to the BCS. Three of the "at-larges" would be Alabama, Stanford, and Houston (assuming conference title win). That leaves 3 potential candidates for the Fiesta: VT, OSU/OU, Michigan/Michigan State/Wisconsin.

If OSU beats OU, a 3-loss OU is done.

If OU beats OSU, OSU likely stays over a losing VT given opponent strength in the final loss.

Michigan would be just 10-2 to VT's 11-2, and Michigan didn't win its division. They're out.

The loser of MSU/Wiscy would have 3 losses. They're done.

So, the way I see it:

1. If VT loses AND

2. If OSU beats OU, here's how I see the bowls shaking out:

Orange: Clemson

Fiesta: VT

Chick-Fil-A: FSU/UVA

Champs Sports: UVA/FSU

Belk: NCSU

Music City: Wake

Independence: UNC

Military: ?!?!?!

So, in a bizarre twist, a VT loss could have VT playing a better opponent than with a win.

Edited by UVAObserver

Guest The Variable
That's the potential opponent, yep. The UVA/ND prospect is still alive!

Yeah well dont get all bet happy if it is. That helmet on my Avatar is as close to UVA as youll see me get.

Fiesta is not picking VT over Michigan, that just wouldn't be logical

Michigan is going to Sugar.

I can see Peach picking UVA though if VT chokes

Why would you see Michigan jumping VT in pecking order, if you don't mind my asking. Given that Michigan is 16th in the BCS standings, right on the at-large line, and VT wouldn't drop below them with a loss, I just find it hard to fathom. That move would be skewered.

Why would you see Michigan jumping VT in pecking order, if you don't mind my asking. Given that Michigan is 16th in the BCS standings, right on the at-large line, and VT wouldn't drop below them with a loss, I just find it hard to fathom. That move would be skewered.

I think he means Michigan is a more attractive pick because of the fanbase and money that comes along with it.

But by BCS rankings standings and pecking order for that, no way Michigan can jump VT..

I think he means Michigan is a more attractive pick because of the fanbase and money that comes along with it.

But by BCS rankings standings and pecking order for that, no way Michigan can jump VT..

I don't disagree, but the Fiesta would be skewered for taking a 12th-ish Michigan for an 8th-ish VT. Heck, even Kansas State has a better case for inclusion than Michigan...

I don't disagree, but the Fiesta would be skewered for taking a 12th-ish Michigan for an 8th-ish VT. Heck, even Kansas State has a better case for inclusion than Michigan...

8th-ish??

You're dreaming.

If VT loses to Clemson they will drop like a rock.

I would even guess they would drop below Michigan.

8th-ish??

You're dreaming.

If VT loses to Clemson they will drop like a rock.

I would even guess they would drop below Michigan.

Not a chance they drop that low. Below K-State, maybe. That would be an awfully interestng debate: 11-2 VT, or 10-2 KSU. VT won't plummet unless they're demolished like last time. Doubt that's happening.

Not a chance they drop that low. Below K-State, maybe. That would be an awfully interestng debate: 11-2 VT, or 10-2 KSU. VT won't plummet unless they're demolished like last time. Doubt that's happening.
They dropped after thumping UVA,anything is possible.

BCS Title Game

LSU vs. Bama

Rose

Oregon vs. Wisky

Orange

Clemson vs. WVU

Fiesta

Okie State vs. Stanford

Sugar

Michigan vs. VPI

Frank should go down to Hattiesburg and give Larry Fedora a big kiss on the lips.....with tongue.

If Clemson pulled a miracle and shocked VT like in Blacksburg, Clemson goes to the Orange Bowl. There are six conferences with automatic tie-ins to the BCS. Three of the "at-larges" would be Alabama, Stanford, and Houston (assuming conference title win). That leaves 3 potential candidates for the Fiesta: VT, OSU/OU, Michigan/Michigan State/Wisconsin.

If OSU beats OU, a 3-loss OU is done.

If OU beats OSU, OSU likely stays over a losing VT given opponent strength in the final loss.

Michigan would be just 10-2 to VT's 11-2, and Michigan didn't win its division. They're out.

The loser of MSU/Wiscy would have 3 losses. They're done.

So, the way I see it:

1. If VT loses AND

2. If OSU beats OU, here's how I see the bowls shaking out:

Orange: Clemson

Fiesta: VT

Chick-Fil-A: FSU/UVA

Champs Sports: UVA/FSU

Belk: NCSU

Music City: Wake

Independence: UNC

Military: ?!?!?!

So, in a bizarre twist, a VT loss could have VT playing a better opponent than with a win.

EPIC WIN, BABY!

Boom goeth the dynamite!!!

This is the biggest crock of sh*& in the history of the BCS bowls. My God, are you kidding? Play 1 good team and get the hell beat out of you twice and go to a BCS bowl? Like Herbstreit just said "cupcake city". Unbelievable.