Josh Hess

hokie07

Guest StoneyCalhoun
i'm telling you if he wants to go to Marshall and play he will...he has a lot of options open right now.

Lol. Because a school, who has no room remaining, is going to take a 2* recruit? "Because if he wants to play there he will." Lol. No.

HCDH is no Nick Saban, and is not going to tell a 18 year old kid to wait a year so a decent player can come play. Doubt the dude would even do it for one of the 5* players, which there are only 25 of.

Hess probably does has some offers on the table, but Marshall is not one of them from what I have read/heard. He is a good player, but let's remember to put things in perspective...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. Because a school, who has no room remaining, is going to take a 2* recruit? "Because if he wants to play there he will." Lol. No.

HCDH is no Nick Saban, and is not going to tell a 18 year old kid to wait a year so a decent player can come play. Doubt the dude would even do it for one of the 5* players, which there are only 25 of.

Hess probably does has some offers on the table, but Marshall is not one of them from what I have read/heard. He is a good player, but let's remember to put things in perspective...

if he wants to go to Marshall, he doesn't have to have a scholarship to do so...if that is where he wants to go...he can go there...if he wants a full ride, or partial ride as a freshman then he is more limited.

So are you saying that Marshall is out. I thought he was one of their top lineman on the recuriting list for them and now they got a chance to get one of the top lineman in this area and they are just going to let him pass them bye.

So are you saying that Marshall is out. I thought he was one of their top lineman on the recuriting list for them and now they got a chance to get one of the top lineman in this area and they are just going to let him pass them bye.

From what I'm hearing from several sources, Marshall is all but out.

I talked with him for a while tonight...very smart young man...he has several options open right now, he will be going somewhere to play ball...he's just trying to figure out what the best place is for him vs. what he has on the table...he told me he was leaning in a certain direction but hadn't fully decided yet...so, he will announce his plans soon...just hang in there. The place he mentioned to me i thought was an excellent choice...so...don't worry...the big man is going to keep playing ball and getting an education...not to worry.

I love this kid man...very smart, very good attitude...big kid, very level headed....I have all the confidence in the world he will do well at the next level...I expect great things from him for sure.

Just give him some time and he will put the word out once he makes his choice...but, it's all good as far as that goes...he's not getting passed over and he's got a game plan...no worries.

So who is he thinking about signing with now.

I'm not going to say anything...he will put the word out when he is ready. That's his announcement to make...let the kid have his day.

How many player from this area is going to college to play football. If you are list your name, high school and college that you will be attending. I would just like to know how well this area is doing, cause people say that we are nothing on this end of the state and everything start at roanoke up.

Seems like a horrible sign to me that Hess probably is going to end up at a local small school. Every time someone locally is being recruited and they don't make some announcement by now they are headed to E&H or UVA-Wise if he does so be it and I wish him the best of luck. Usually it is never a good sign when a kid that we have heard all along has all these offers and is visiting schools every weekend has no future home by now.

Maybe he just doesent want to be part of a big program? I mean if he goes to a D-1school he is most likley gonna have to redshirt and sit on the bench for 2-3 years(maybe longer), if he goes to UVA-W or E&H then he probably starts as a true Soph. Not to mention being able to play closer to home. Dont get me wrong, I want to see him(and all of our local kids) get to play at big schools(if they want to) and make the most out of their careers but that path isint for everyone.

Also dont forget(no insult intended) but he isint exactly a stud player, he is a good player with the potiental to be a very good one but he isint anything tremendous right now. Im sure his full schlorship offers are fewer than many on here seem to think. Imo he can play big school ball but does he want to go get into debt trying to earn a full ride or settle at a smaller school? UVA-W and E&H are pretty small but a school like Liberty might be a really good fit

I also think "interest" from big schools often gets confused with "offers", there is a huge difference there.

I dont know the kid but im sure whatever decision he makes it will be the one that is best for him.

Anyone know what time Hess and/or Devon Johnson plan to sign tomorrow?

heard Devon signed today. Not sure about Hess... Murray down here at Tazewell is having his signing day ceremony next Tuesday. He said he isnt signing an LOI since he wont be receiving money but the school wanted to do something for him, so VT gave him a walk on type paper to sign

I am glad you said interest does not mean offers you said exactly what I meant to say. There is also nothing wrong with either of those schools and I am sure he could develop into a very good player at either. You also hit what I was shooting all around with out saying he doesn't have quite as many offers as people on here think.

Guys...Hess is just fine...he's got a few things going on and he's trying to decide where he wants to go...he is not in any hurry, doesn't mean anything that he "missed" signing day...he could very well announce where he is going today or tomorrow or next week...or later...he's not tied to a day or time at this point...trust me, this kid is very smart and he's taking his time and talking with different places...and I can tell you the place he is leaning towards i have not even seen anyone mention...and I talked directly with him...so all the experts and other "sources" people have...I don't know? I just know what I have talked with him about....just relax and don't worry about it...he's OK...really.

Guys...Hess is just fine...he's got a few things going on and he's trying to decide where he wants to go...he is not in any hurry, doesn't mean anything that he "missed" signing day...he could very well announce where he is going today or tomorrow or next week...or later...he's not tied to a day or time at this point...trust me, this kid is very smart and he's taking his time and talking with different places...and I can tell you the place he is leaning towards i have not even seen anyone mention...and I talked directly with him...so all the experts and other "sources" people have...I don't know? I just know what I have talked with him about....just relax and don't worry about it...he's OK...really.

Lance I know of this place he is leaning towards and looking at their list of signees they didn't sign any offensive lineman, So I am thinking there will be room for him there because they havent met their 25 scholorship limit yet...

I don't know the young man, but would just like to remind folks that where you attend college is a big time decision that should NOT be only about football. This is often a young person's first major life decision, and should be taken seriously and with as much time as needed.

There is so much to consider that I applaud a young man who is carefully looking at all the factors.