NFL players at Mitchell Stadium

GHS89

In the spirit of Super Bowl Week, I got to thinking about how many future NFL players have played on the sod/turf of Mitchell Stadium. How many can we think of? They must have played in a regular season or playoff game in the NFL. No practice squaders.

Right away I can think of the obvious ones in Bradshaw, Compton and Legursky. Is it possible that Gary Clark from Pulaski played here in a Bluefield matchup? Did Jason Witten make a trip here for a Graham game, or was that a road matchup?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quincy Wilson, former WVU running back played Bluefield at Mitchell in the late 1990s I believe. He didn't have an established NFL career but a quick glance at his Wikipedia page shows that he played in lots of preseason games probably ~50 career carries in the regular season with the Falcons/Bengals.

Guest StoneyCalhoun

If you go way back, you have to think of all the VT games played at Mitchell, and who they played. It would be interesting to find a list of all the games they played there.

didnt Martinsville have a kid that went pro a couple of years ago as well? cant remember the name.

Also, different sport...but Billy Wagner played foorball for Tazewell back in the day and would have played at Mitchell as well.

Lance or GMan, I remember back in the day someone posted a video of a run that Ahmad had against maybe Grundy? Anyways, I remember him going down the sideline and completely trucking a kid. Any chance that video is around any more?

Lance or GMan, I remember back in the day someone posted a video of a run that Ahmad had against maybe Grundy? Anyways, I remember him going down the sideline and completely trucking a kid. Any chance that video is around any more?

I recall one against Martinsville in the 1st round of the '03 playoffs that matches that description.

But that hit on the opening kickoff in '01 against Liberty-Bedford is the 2nd-most destructive hit I've ever seen in person, behind John-Kevin Dolce almost killing Jacory Harris in 2010.

Lance made that video and it was against Martinsville in the playoffs. I have that vid on a disk at home somewhere.

Looking on WVVA site and found video highlights of Bradshaw's high school career.

(Grundy is in this vid and also other schools) Sorry, if it has previously been posted.

http://www.wvva.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=6688594&h1=Ahmad%20Bradshaw%27s%20Graham%20High%20highlight%20reel&vt1=v&at1=Sport&d1=474467&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=16881864

Lance made that video and it was against Martinsville in the playoffs. I have that vid on a disk at home somewhere.

i have it on one of my old hard drives...

I have several of his games that i filmed myself...i need to break those out at some point. I know i have the Martinsville game and that hit is on there...i was over on the Martinsville side filming and got a great shot of it.

Looking on WVVA site and found video highlights of Bradshaw's high school career.

(Grundy is in this vid and also other schools) Sorry, if it has previously been posted.

http://www.wvva.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=6688594&h1=Ahmad%20Bradshaw%27s%20Graham%20High%20highlight%20reel&vt1=v&at1=Sport&d1=474467&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=16881864

Whos Graham's QB in that vid

The following article was in the BHC today about Bradshaw and his prep days at Graham.

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2012/feb/02/bradshaw-man-playing-against-boys-during-his-prep--ar-1657611/

By: Tim Hayes | TriCities.com

Published: February 02, 2012

I figured the BHC didn't have time to write positive articles since they been so busy reporting about Ahmad's perks in jail while locked up,or trying to get his juvenile records unsealed. The BHC can go straight to hell.

I figured the BHC didn't have time to write positive articles since they been so busy reporting about Ahmad's perks in jail while locked up,or trying to get his juvenile records unsealed. The BHC can go straight to hell.

agree.

Great find! Thanks for sharing.