Restaurants a new factor in recruiting.

-oo-

Guest StoneyCalhoun

Cookout has been where almost all of the recruits visiting VT have eaten. KK said he absolutely loved the place and ate there 3/4 times on one weekend.

Guess it didnt matter too much as Tuscaloosa doesn't have one that I see.

Edited by StoneyCalhoun

Cookout has been where almost all of the recruits visiting VT have eaten. KK said he absolutely loved the place and ate their 3/4 times on one weekend.

No offense to Saban and Bama now, but back in the day they would have just bought him his own restaurant.

Cookout has been where almost all of the recruits visiting VT have eaten. KK said he absolutely loved the place and ate there 3/4 times on one weekend.

No offense to Saban and Bama now, but back in the day they would have just bought him his own restaurant.

Tuscaloosa has Dreamland Ribs. Who the hell needs Cookout? :)

Dreamland BBQ

Edited by blueinbama

Alabama probably paid for those meals...:eek:

Okay, I saw all the ads on TV about Dreamland on P'tree Pkwy in Norcross...so the spouse and I drive over couple yrs. ago for some good 'cue. It was not as advertised. Could have just been a bad day for them.

Of course, I realize this is not the original in AL, but the "offshoot" I visited in GA was not that good.

Actually, a great bar-b-que place opened up called 'Cue in Cumming...everything I've had is awesome.

Funny. That was 1 of like 3 things he pointed out, yet everyone is focusing on just that. Besides, they DO have 1... in the student union.

I think he was joking around about it just being thrown in there; plus, what's the 1st game on the schedules??

Guest The Variable
And you guys pretty much railed me for saying that kids might have crazy reasons for choosing a school.

Funny...

Check that, thats the other way around. You were the one saying that kids are responsible and care about the education more than anything else when choosing a school. I was the one who said kids make stupid choices about schools.

Check that, thats the other way around. You were the one saying that kids are responsible and care about the education more than anything else when choosing a school. I was the one who said kids make stupid choices about schools.

I said that many college kids were saying that education was a factor and a legitimate reason for a kid to choose one college over another. And yes, it still is. I got shouted down for that point, and pretty much told that prospective college athletes were lying scum of the earth worthy of contempt usually reserved for people like Saddam Hussein.

I never said that there weren't a million reasons that a kid would choose a college. The opposite's true, that I met much resistance when arguing that education was yet another reason.

Guest StoneyCalhoun

Yuuuup. That is how I remember it as well.