McDowell in Playboy...

I agree that attention needs to be brought to the serious drug problem in the area things are getting way out of hand and alot of people are turning a blind eye. My last thing is when did they start putting articles in playboy?LOL.

The lady they interviewed at the beginning of the story on WVVA reminded me of the Church Lady on Saturday Night Live.....

I can see people's concerns about it being in a publication like Playboy, but come on....this is the 21st century....at least it's getting some "exposure"...no pun intended.

My thing about this is why are people so outraged? Just because it's Playboy? That just shows how out of wack people's perception is about the obvious drug problem we have in this area.

I remember years ago when Time did a piece on OxyContin, and people around here went BALLISTIC.

Here's the piece. Actually a very good piece.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1039712,00.html

I remember years ago when Time did a piece on OxyContin, and people around here went BALLISTIC.

Seems as though alot of people in SWVA want to write off drug abusers as a seperate group and dont want to be associated with them and definately dont want "outsiders" to make that association. When in reality they are our neighbors and as much as I would like to kick alot of them square in the ass for things they do, have done and dont do, they need the support of their communities. Dont get me wrong, im no bleeding heart but ignoring the issue hasnt helped and condeming them hasnt helped so on to the next solution.

The Time article is a good one.

Edited by redtiger

Seems as though alot of people in SWVA want to write off drug abusers as a seperate group and dont want to be associated with them and definately dont want "outsiders" to make that association. When in reality they are our neighbors and as much as I would like to kick alot of them square in the ass for things they do, have done and dont do, they need the support of their communities. Dont get me wrong, im no bleeding heart but ignoring the issue hasnt helped and condeming them hasnt helped so on to the next solution.

The Time article is a good one.

Couldn't agree more!

Truth and fact can be found in the most surprising places. Back in the day Playboy always had great writing and interviews.

Yep, thats why I subscribed back in the day! For the articles..........LOL!

All kidding aside, PB has produced some very good articles and interviews in the past, I no longer subscribe nor support that type of publication, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't in the past.

A little too late for action I believe, everybody is already dead. Go to the graveyard at Roderfield,WV and see all the young people dead. Something should have been done back in 1999-2001 to curb the problem, but Purdue Pharmacuetical made billions of dollars and Doctors got kickbacks. Regulation of Pharmacuetical companies, strict guidelines to Dr's on how to write and when to write scripts, Rehabilitation, and alternative medicines are the only way to ever truly alleviate the problem.

• 3 months later...