Most likely next coach at Tazewell?

cityofRaven

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some on here can remember the 87 dogs undafeated then at grundy jeff broke his color bone would have been back to back champs if he stays healthy. He went on to play simi pro and stuff he has put in twice and not even a returned call why. 3 coachs 3 yrs now 4 and the ass. Coachs are the same as when I played for litz has anyone not seen that its not that hard to see.

Some on here can remember the 87 dogs undafeated then at grundy jeff broke his color bone would have been back to back champs if he stays healthy. He went on to play simi pro and stuff he has put in twice and not even a returned call why. 3 coachs 3 yrs now 4 and the ass. Coachs are the same as when I played for litz has anyone not seen that its not that hard to see.

how does everyone think Mitchem will do if he is given the job?

how does everyone think Mitchem will do if he is given the job?

I think I'll never be able to stop laughing........Bout time one of those bleacher coaches got their chance to show how stupid they are. bahahahahahahahaha........only at Tazewell.

I think I'll never be able to stop laughing........Bout time one of those bleacher coaches got their chance to show how stupid they are. bahahahahahahahaha........only at Tazewell.

Bet you he does better than the previous coaches at Tazewell... You don't know what's gonna happen till it's over with... I don't know the guy but why judge him before he has had a season under his belt??

Bet you he does better than the previous coaches at Tazewell... You don't know what's gonna happen till it's over with... I don't know the guy but why judge him before he has had a season under his belt??

I bet he doesnt......I think its safe to say that Tazewell football is now officially dead if it wasn't before. Seriously, this is a low point if true. Lower than ever before. Did no one else apply? Wow is all I can say if not.

Steve Mithem was an excellent high school football player and he played at VT when not many from this area got D1 opportunities. He also played for some of the best high school football coaches to ever command a team in the SWD. IMO he may be the only person that can lead the program in a positive direction and he may be the only person that would take the job at this point. He not only knows the game, he knows the community and will have the respect that is so desperately needed in T-town. He is a no BS guy, loves the game and is already a part of the community. There will be something very special if he gets the chance and brings pride back to the program. Mitchem would be a good choice and I hope he gets it done!

Steve Mithem was an excellent high school football player and he played at VT when not many from this area got D1 opportunities. He also played for some of the best high school football coaches to ever command a team in the SWD. IMO he may be the only person that can lead the program in a positive direction and he may be the only person that would take the job at this point. He not only knows the game, he knows the community and will have the respect that is so desperately needed in T-town. He is a no BS guy, loves the game and is already a part of the community. There will be something very special if he gets the chance and brings pride back to the program. Mitchem would be a good choice and I hope he gets it done!

So was Harris Hart, and you ran him off. Unbelievable........

He coached at Tazewell when I played... I just want to know, to be a coach that you have to work in the school system right?

He coached at Tazewell when I played... I just want to know, to be a coach that you have to work in the school system right?

To be a head coach I think so. Unless no one applies.

question is was the job even shopped to anyone? I didn't see it posted anywhere...might have missed it? does anyone know?

I talked to one coach, no names mentioned, who is one of the top coaches in the area that is currently not coaching and asked if he had any interest in taking over....just wanted to see what he would say...and the quote was "are you nuts?...who in their right mind would want to coach in that place at this point?"...I think most "qualified" coaches probably feel that way, if they will say it or not is another story.

So was Harris Hart, and you ran him off. Unbelievable........

I am not from Tazewell but have worked there for years. Harris is a great guy, probably a better guy than Mitchem as far as likable, but that's not what is needed to be a head coach. Harris did play for those same high school coaches and I believe he played at Ferrum. That is not D1 and Harris wasn't near the player Mitchem was. I am not sure any of that really matters though, I just want to see the Dawgs get it going in the right direction. The kids deserve it. I still say no one else would want it.

I didn't work for the school system when I coached...but then again, not sure if anyone else wanted the position at that time.

Rules may have changed since...I know several of the other "coaches" in the SWD didn't like me coaching the year that I did (#1-because I wasn't an employee of the TCS, and #2- because I had a much greater knowledge of the game and could actually teach/coach the kids to help them improve...they thought it was an "unfair advantage")

I didn't work for the school system when I coached...but then again, not sure if anyone else wanted the position at that time.

Rules may have changed since...I know several of the other "coaches" in the SWD didn't like me coaching the year that I did (#1-because I wasn't an employee of the TCS, and #2- because I had a much greater knowledge of the game and could actually teach/coach the kids to help them improve...they thought it was an "unfair advantage")

Wow, dont get a cramp in your arm from patting yourself on the back.