Most likely next coach at Tazewell?

cityofRaven

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the salaries of HS Coaches in SC. Not sure if there are any in VA that make as much as some of these guys. I think these are from 2009 so you can imagine what it is Today.

I know of at least one coach that move here from Lousia County and he is probably in the $60,000+ area (he is not even listed in this chart). Also, a lot of these guys don't even teach classes!

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2009/01/11/739260/see-salaries-of-south-carolina.html#storylink=omni_popular

i heard there is about to be some more drama in T-Town this week concerning the coaching situation....can anyone confirm? Not going to say what I heard, but if you know what i'm talking about then you would "get it"...just wondering if anyone else had heard the rumor lol.

i heard there is about to be some more drama in T-Town this week concerning the coaching situation....can anyone confirm? Not going to say what I heard, but if you know what i'm talking about then you would "get it"...just wondering if anyone else had heard the rumor lol.

That they were shutting the school down and sending them all to Richlands?

I hear that Mike Compton has been offered the Job?

I hear that Mike Compton has been offered the Job?

Its a mistake on the dogs part if they offered mike the job he sucks at coaching high school athletes hes a college players coach but not a high school players coach

Check out the salaries of HS Coaches in SC. Not sure if there are any in VA that make as much as some of these guys. I think these are from 2009 so you can imagine what it is Today.

I know of at least one coach that move here from Lousia County and he is probably in the $60,000+ area (he is not even listed in this chart). Also, a lot of these guys don't even teach classes!

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2009/01/11/739260/see-salaries-of-south-carolina.html#storylink=omni_popular

All three schools that have a coaching salary over 100k are in Columbia. I was stationed there in the military for a few years. The three schools, Lexington, Irmo and Dutch Fork, are located around Lake Murray and are only a few miles away from each other. They have some big name alumni in just about every sport imaginable. Home football game attendance is like a mid-major college game. Easily 20k in attendance.

dont no were u get your info. but its not correct. i live in lexington we play all 3 schools you might have 5000 fans on a good njght.

I didn't "get information" from anywhere other than my memory. I was stationed at Ft. Jackson between June 1992 and December 1994. I could't imagine it's changed that much over the years. That area doesn't seem to have been hit by economic impact like smaller areas around here. I saw some great games, teams and players come through there in 2 years. The Gaffney team from 1992 and Greer team from 1994 were incredible. Division 1 talent all over the field. Peter Boulware, Vonnie Holiday and Bobby Ingram are three that stick out in my mind but I don't remember who they played for.

Looking at Coaches in area what about Coach Scammell at Castlewood. Havent they gotten better each year he has been there?? He should be a candidate.

why would he want to coach at Tazewell? Graham or Richlands yes...Tazewell no.

Not at this point.

Tazewell is on a higher level but he would probably win more games on average at Castlewood and wouldnt have to worry about his job. His place at CHS is secure unless he decides to leave, at THS who knows how long he would have and what would be expected of him.