New Coach in Tazewell?

Gym

well then stick to the conversation at hand and stay on the same page and we can communicate. I have no idea what you are talking about. I have no bias towards Tazewell, if I have anything biased in my travels it might be that I'm biased with Grundy in certain situations, its my home school and i guess most people are a little biased with their home school...other than that...no....towards Tazewell in a negative way, no....sorry...i just call it like i see it, if the same thing was going on though in Grundy or anywhere else I'd say the same thing.

My goodness.......... Ok, let me explain again. Every chance you get to put down THS or the community of tazewell, you do. Go back and read Barondawg77 post. The community had very little to do with any of the last three coaches leaving.

Now, i'm finished with this thread. Good luck to coach Allen and I will be there every Friday night to cheer the Dawgs on. I'm sure that every chance you get to put us down you will. It was obviously futile to try to get you to realize how people from tazewell feel about what you write about our community on here.

Cheers and adious.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My goodness.......... Ok, let me explain again. Every chance you get to put down THS or the community of tazewell, you do. Go back and read Barondawg77 post. The community had very little to do with any of the last three coaches leaving.

Now, i'm finished with this thread. Good luck to coach Allen and I will be there every Friday night to cheer the Dawgs on. I'm sure that every chance you get to put us down you will. It was obviously futile to try to get you to realize how people from tazewell feel about what you write about our community on here.

Cheers and adious.

no, i dont put Tazewell down...at all. Sorry if you or anyone else took it that way. It is what it is...and as for the other post, there is a lot more to it than just what was said.

Just searched, "Lance's knowledge and insight into the situation regarding Tazewell High School Football", interestingly enough......no threads came up.

well...you have to realize that the terms "Tazewell" and "Football" have to be loosely grouped in casual conversation and a search engine can only be expected to do so much.

Yeah,5-5 was an outstanding year for Grundy in those days. Who did you play in the playoff that year?

that was before everyone and their brother made the playoffs...the year before we were 0-10...I'll be the first to tell you we sucked back then...no doubt...you guys won State in 86...which made whipping your ass in '87 to get to 5-5 even better...lol.

Glad we could give you 1 good memory. Now back to the point at hand......waiting on that insight you have.

it was good, actually one of the better memories I have of Grundy Football :)

I think we won more that year than you guys have in the past 5 years combined? Maybe not?

On the other stuff...if you want more info, just look it up...already told you it's been beat like a dead horse on here for years.

Yes dukey, Carroll is taking a big hit. Though I feel Hale and company will survive. I don't know much about what their little league programs are doing now, but a few years back when I was involved, the CC coaches had clinics with the little league coaches and showed them how to run wing T, even gave out copies of the basic plays they wanted to run. And, yes they occasionally developed some of their own plays, but the basic format was Wing-T.

As far as Brown at Galax, I know Brown had helped in the past, but when Dixon came in he did not "clear house" as some say Allen should do. No, he kept Brown on and managed to get Athletes on his team by doing so. My point here was to say that Allen needs to do everything he can to get other coaches on board, thus get the best athletes in school playing. You can't have basketball coach competing against football coach, etc. Also, he will have to be proactive in getting the community involved, all the way down to the little league level.

It is not an easy job. Coaching a winning program involves a whole lot more than just showing up for practice and games during the season. Too many coaches in lots of high school sports across Virginia do not make this commitment. There are so many that seem to be there just to collect a little extra money. Coaches are not paid nearly enough for what is expected of them, but it should not matter. If you take the job, then give it everything you have, even if it means sacrificing a lot of extra time, money, etc.

Of course it was one of your better memories of high school football...that's why you of all people, should know what these kids and t this community are going through. So why not try to pick us up and help dust us off...instead of kicking more dirt.

Of course it was one of your better memories of high school football...that's why you of all people, should know what these kids and t this community are going through. So why not try to pick us up and help dust us off...instead of kicking more dirt.

once again...I'm not...unless its just bitch fighting with you back and forth, but that's just for fun and entertainment...if you don't want people to ride your goat, don't tie it up in your front yard.

Edited, because I refuse to lower myself to that level.

it's about run it's course anyway...I'll drop off and you can have the last word if you want or if it would make you feel better.

Lance you are right about 2 things for sure. First being its been beat to death on here, and 2 there is way too much negativity at times in Tazewell by some fans. My point is the last 3 years have had nothing to do with that. It is very easy to sit back and say "they ran him off again" but last I checked not one head coach in the last 30 years in Tazewell was fired. They all chose to leave on their own accord. Yes I know some were pressured, but aren't they all? The best learn how to deal with it and stay focused on the kids and tryingto make them better men that can handle the pressures that come in life.

That's all I will say on this. Best of luck to Coach Allen and the rest of Tazewell Football!!

Lance you are right about 2 things for sure. First being its been beat to death on here, and 2 there is way too much negativity at times in Tazewell by some fans. My point is the last 3 years have had nothing to do with that. It is very easy to sit back and say "they ran him off again" but last I checked not one head coach in the last 30 years in Tazewell was fired. They all chose to leave on their own accord. Yes I know some were pressured, but aren't they all? The best learn how to deal with it and stay focused on the kids and tryingto make them better men that can handle the pressures that come in life.

That's all I will say on this. Best of luck to Coach Allen and the rest of Tazewell Football!!

you are correct...you also probably know there were other circumstances that went along with some of those...and we'll just leave it at that...some of it obviously doesn't need to be discussed...but you know there is a lot more to it and it's just not that simple. Fired, nooo...pressured, to say the least...some didn't help themselves either...but...there are a couple of "problems" that need to leave the program alone, and again I'm sure you know what I'm getting at when I say that...you and I have talked before.

To act like nothing is wrong and people just come and go though...come on? Ya know?

Like i said...it is what it is...and other than taking a jab at Smith here and there, I have nothing against Tazewell at all...and that's the truth.

You are right on. We definately don't need to get into some things. As a bulldog I understand how coacher feels too. Nobody wants to hear how bad our program is when both of us have experienced much greater days in T-town. Like I said though, I'm done with this topic and moving on to support the new HC. There is a lot of talent moving up in the next few years and the may just get a little lucky and see some success soon.

Btw, thanks g for proving my earlier point.

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis???

This is the first post I've made in this thread...not sure what point of yours I've proved....