New Coach in Tazewell?

Gym

It would seem that you're the one a little chapped. Please refrain from profanity. I will not converse with someone who articulates their thoughts in that manner. I believe coach Allen will do a fine job and believe he will be here for a while. I've coached against him and his defenses are always sound.

Sorry Lancie

why would I be chapped? Profanity? Ass...Damn...Pissed? I'm sure you have never used any of those. lol.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people in tazewell had nothing to do with the last one leaving. He screwed up himself. What pisses the people in tazewell off is people blaming them for running coaches off. People make comments but, don't know what they're talking about.

of course not...didn't have anything to do with the other 4 or 5 either I'm sure.

If that's profane....then what comes out of my mouth sometimes is absolutely absurd....

it's ok...he's just grasping at straws and looking for an easy out.

Actually, Wyatt left because of a decision that he didn't agree with dealing with personnel. Smith left because his assistants all resigned, and he and Tate had plenty of support from the community. I think what the guys on here are upst about is most of the guys on here are going on what the have heard to be true, which isn't the case in the past 3 years.

why would I be chapped? Profanity? Ass...Damn...Pissed? I'm sure you have never used any of those. lol.

Not in an open public forum. Mainly because I have more respect for myself and others than to do that.

Edited by coacher

He said "Bro" twice, it makes me think of that video of that guy getting the tazer put to his ass. Don't taz me Bro!

I thought that and "cool story bro"...lol.

A big problem that previous coaches and coaching staffs had at Tazewell was discipline. I think if Allen is going to be successful he needs to clean house with the coaching staff and start with people that actually can and want to coach.

Part of the problem is just that, the people that can coach are few and far between to begin with and those people know part of the problem. The people that want to coach have coached this group most of their lives being their parents and all these kids have ever done is compete against each other. That's part of the problem, the other part is that until some powers that be in this county realize there is more to Tazewell county than the east end and the west end, Tazewell (the county seat) will continue to suffer. I personally wish coach Allen the best of luck.

Now who is grasping for straws? I'm done with this conversation. You've proven both your maturity level and your lack of knowledge of the situation. Have a nice day.

you have denial...bad.

Just rumors, but I have heard that the Jordan brothers are going to Graham, also have heard that McCann is going Richlands.. Heard that Little Soop was gonna be back in the green and white.. Just a wait and see! Like I said it just rumors! So troll away if you feel the need too!

nope :) No denial here. We will be fine here in T-Town. Thank you for your concern. I wish Grundy the best as well. I greatly respect Coach Rowe and remember how Grundy fans were after him in his final years. They seemed to forget all that he had done for the town and the community for several years. All I am saying is your opinion seems to be very biased. If you cannot see that...then you are in denial. As an administrator of a forum, that is a wealth of great knowledge and insight, I would hope that in the future you would be a little more unbiased.

Once again, you have a great day and If I can ever be of assistance to you feel free to come and see me.

Best wishes

Edited by coacher

We will definitely miss him here at Carroll. Taz is getting the real deal. He will do well, if Taz will give him a few of years to build his program. It takes time to build a quality program. You have to start when kids are in grade school playing sandlot and build a team. Carroll's sandlot teams all run the same offense as the varsity and it shows. Also, today's coaches are facing so much competition from other sports. The entire community must be committed to football and encourage kids to play from early ages on. Too many coaches of all sports are insisting that their players pick one sport and play only that sport, when they should be trying to get all kids to come out and play. I think schools would be served in developing "all sport athletes". One of the greatest moves I have seen a football coach make in a while was made by Coach Dixon at Galax. He talked Coach Brown (the basketball coach) in to helping him. Guess what, he then had all of the kids from the basketball team also playing football. It will take a combined effort from the whole coaching staff at Tazewell, not just the football coach. Good luck Shane!

nope :) No denial here. We will be fine here in T-Town. Thank you for your concern. I wish Grundy the best as well. I greatly respect Coach Rowe and remember how Grundy fans were after him in his final years. They seemed to forget all that he had done for the town and the community for several years. All I am saying is your opinion seems to be very biased. If you cannot see that...then you are in denial. As an administrator of a forum, that is a wealth of great knowledge and insight, I would hope that in the future you would be a little more unbiased.

Once again, you have a great day and If I can ever be of assistance to you feel free to come and see me.

Best wishes

How am I "biased"? I have not said anything "biased" in this thread? Grundy and Rowe don't have anything to do with what we are talking about...at all...Rowe was Coach for 25 years....that's 24 longer than most of the Tazewell coaches. It's not "biased" to say things like that when they are true.

Never said you were biased "only" in this thread.

well then stick to the conversation at hand and stay on the same page and we can communicate. I have no idea what you are talking about. I have no bias towards Tazewell, if I have anything biased in my travels it might be that I'm biased with Grundy in certain situations, its my home school and i guess most people are a little biased with their home school...other than that...no....towards Tazewell in a negative way, no....sorry...i just call it like i see it, if the same thing was going on though in Grundy or anywhere else I'd say the same thing.

Carroll is taking a huge hit....i would go as far as saying he is most valuable member of that staff bar none. Carroll Little Lleague teams do not run Wing T.....they run a wide variety but there is absolutley not a uniformed look all the way down, some may have some very vague Wing T atttributes.

As far as Galax ,Verl Brown has Coached football there for many,many years taking a year or two off with health concerns at one time. This was not a new thing for Dixon to incorporate. verl has been an integral part of that entire sports prgram for 25 plus.