Grundy Might Just Make History This Weekend:

Few years ago, we flew into Phoenix at 11 p.m. Pilot made announcement the temp was 98.

A few days later the temps reached 116...this was late May!!! Now, 116 is H O T...blazing HOT...dry heat or not. No way, anyhow, anyway, whatever...I could ever get used to those kinds of temps days on end.

We, then drove to Flagstaff...SNOW on the ground...no kidding. Had to buy a jacket.

then add 89% humidity or so to 116 degrees and you will probably die...lol...miserable heat. I still like it 100x better than the winter though...i'll take the heat of the summer any day...spring-summer-and fall are all great for me, winter i like a good snow every now and then...but it gets old fast once football season is over with.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then add 89% humidity or so to 116 degrees and you will probably die...lol...miserable heat. I still like it 100x better than the winter though...i'll take the heat of the summer any day...spring-summer-and fall are all great for me, winter i like a good snow every now and then...but it gets old fast once football season is over with.

Humidity added to lower temps causes a lot of discomfort...B U T...sustained days over 110 with low humidity is oppressive and depressive. Not for me...

We had some near record lows this morning with some getting down into the 40s then we rebound up into the upper 80s and 90s...seems more like the desert haha. Unfortunately too with this heat, looks like we're setting up a bit of a drought pattern. Hopefully this isn't a long term pattern. But it would not surprise me if we quickly go to a pattern which would result in the area going back into a drought. We seen a very wet pattern for a while and you'll often see when there's a good, longer pattern change it likes to shift to the complete opposite of what you were previously in. As they say, drought breeds drought and the same the other way. Lets hope it doesn't flip to that.

I have a road trip starting this weekend that will take me to St. Louis among other mid-west locations. Forecasts are calling for 106+ and typical high humidity. That is the kind of weather that when I lived out there made me not leave the house until after 9 p.m.

Stinking' hot

That's the difference east and west of the Rockies.

We had some near record lows this morning with some getting down into the 40s then we rebound up into the upper 80s and 90s...seems more like the desert haha. Unfortunately too with this heat, looks like we're setting up a bit of a drought pattern. Hopefully this isn't a long term pattern. But it would not surprise me if we quickly go to a pattern which would result in the area going back into a drought. We seen a very wet pattern for a while and you'll often see when there's a good, longer pattern change it likes to shift to the complete opposite of what you were previously in. As they say, drought breeds drought and the same the other way. Lets hope it doesn't flip to that.

La Nina is fading, El Nino is coming...expects lots of snow this winter...

For other locales:

1. Richlands: 97 on Friday would set the all-time high by 1 degree.

2. Tazewell: 95 on Friday would come within 1 degree of the all-time high. Would be the earliest 90+ day on record.

3. Bluefield: 94 on Friday would set a June high by 3 degrees, and would tie for 2nd all-time.

4. Princeton: 95 on Friday would set a June high by 4 degrees, and would be 2nd all-time.

5. Bland: 96 on Friday would set the all-time record high by 1 degree.

6. Wytheville: 96 on Friday would tie the all-time June record high.

7. Bristol: 100 on Friday would be the earliest 100-degree day on record.

8. Jonesville: 104 on Friday would set a June high by 4 degrees, and would be 2nd all-time. Also 6 degrees off the all-time VA record.

9. Big Stone Gap: 100 on Friday would put it in Grundy's league: first 100-degree day and 5 points above the record.

And, for you college folks, Blacksburg and Charlottesville both are set to set June records.

Some of these have been revised UPWARD...

Grundy: now forecasting 103 on Friday and Saturday, with 101 on Sunday.

1. Tazewell: now forecasting 96 on Friday/Saturday, which would tie the all-time high.

2. Bluefield: now forecasting 96 on Friday, which would tie the all-time high.

3. Bland: now forecasting 98 on Friday/Saturday, which would set the all-time record by 3 degrees.

4. Wytheville: now forecasting 98 on Friday/Saturday, which would tie the all-time high.

5. Bristol: now forecasting 101 on Saturday, which would tie for 2nd all-time.

6. Jonesville: now forecasting 105 on Saturday, which would tie the all-time high and be 5 degrees off the state record.

7. Big Stone Gap: now forecasting 101 on Saturday...just an even higher record.

Whew.

Heat was a bit underwhelming today. Hopefully, we get what's expected tomorrow.

Some highlights:

1. Grundy hit 95 today, which ties the all-time record.

2. Tazewell hit 90 today, which is the earliest Tazewell's ever hit 90. Obviously, a June all-time high.

3. Bluefield hit 91 today. Free lemonade! Also ties the June all-time high. Projected to hit 97 tomorrow...which would be the all-time record.

The most miserable weather I have ever been in was down in Florida, I still dont understand why people live down there. We would go out for "refreshments" at 10 at night and it was in the low 90s, screw that!

I, a big Fall fan. Wonderful weather! and I really dont mind the snow that much either

I hope we get a lot of snow this winter (enough to make up for last "winter"). I LOVE the colder weather, especially Fall, when it's not raining so much. Can't stand this heat though. My family's been thinking about taking a vacation somewhere cold this summer instead of the beach, lol.

I dont do heat well, Im fat, hairy, and can sweat standing still, so it better snow ALOT this winter. The first time it snows more than an inch, i'm going to roll around in it like a polar bear.

It's just crazy that its THIS hot, and were not even in the heart of summer yet. Just another crazy weather event in the past year plus.

I dont do heat well, Im fat, hairy, and can sweat standing still, so it better snow ALOT this winter. The first time it snows more than an inch, i'm going to roll around in it like a polar bear.

It's just crazy that its THIS hot, and were not even in the heart of summer yet. Just another crazy weather event in the past year plus.

x2!

chicks dig the big man though...lol.

JD03Wave.jpg

Ahaha! You damn right brother! Wow, i think i still have that somewhere at home, good times, good times, thanks for that lance.

Went out to McD's for lunch, bank said 103 in clintwood, too much man.

Supposed to be about the same tommorow.

Ahaha! You damn right brother! Wow, i think i still have that somewhere at home, good times, good times, thanks for that lance.

Went out to McD's for lunch, bank said 103 in clintwood, too much man.

Supposed to be about the same tommorow.

Banks were saying 100+ in Tazewell, but "only" registered as 96 (all-time record).

Clintwood's at 99 right now, which is the daytime high. That's also a whopping FIVE degrees above your all-time record high (94). Historic day for y'all, too. :)