numbers out so far?

Lance

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those scores don't touch what Graham and Richlands put up back in the day. Heck, 87's barely Superior...

It wasn't anything for Graham to slap up an 89-91 and have Richlands follow it with a 94-95...

Battle's always had a considerable amount of talent per capita. Battle's best could always hold their own against Richlands's best. It's a numbers thing. It's just significantly easier to get a fuller sound when you have 110 winds as opposed to 55.

J.J.Kelly's band was a beast back in the 80's as well. Once Lucian Priode was ran off they went to hell in a handbasket. It was a regular occurance going to Florida and embarrassing bands from schools with 5x our enrollment

I just noticed that we've turned yet another football thread into a band thread, lol.

I was going to post the same but I though "forget it, they're rollin'..."

Those scores don't touch what Graham and Richlands put up back in the day. Heck, 87's barely Superior...

It wasn't anything for Graham to slap up an 89-91 and have Richlands follow it with a 94-95...

The reason that is is because they are in A class which judges on a high school scale and we're in Open class which is scored on a college scale. The open scores are always lower though the bands are better

LMAO you guys are killing me! Have to respond to a couple of things: 1.)Abingdon didn't always suck, but they have more often than not 1977- 1985ish they were pretty good. 2.) in my day the Battle band was awesome! 3.) I agree with Lance Abingdon has had too many chances to get a good coach, one didn't get hired because he wore cowboy boots and blue jeans. He's won a few GA 5A titles since. 4.) although in TN you guys should see the DB band! unreal 350 strong. after halftime about 1/3 of the crowd leaves :)

i guess, when mountain view gets up and running, and the band gets it going, (which they are gettin together), don't guess i'll hear "smoke on the water" like we did in the old days...........hmmmm, wonder what kinda music they will play.....?? in my day, when there was a big play a commin, or time out. "smoke on the water", don't know about tiger town or rebel land....

DB's band is incredible, enough to where they've actually stopped competing and now they just do exhibition performances at contests. It's like Alexander the Great, they conquered the world then sat and cried because there was nothing left to conquer

i guess, when mountain view gets up and running, and the band gets it going, (which they are gettin together), don't guess i'll hear "smoke on the water" like we did in the old days...........hmmmm, wonder what kinda music they will play.....?? in my day, when there was a big play a commin, or time out. "smoke on the water", don't know about tiger town or rebel land....

We use to hear the Go's Go's- we got the beat, MJ's-beat it and Queen-we will rock you. I do kind of miss the band but the funding left and so did the band.

did the birds hire you to represent them on here..lol...dont say anything if ya dont know what ya talkin bout..this is the reason schools like to beat abingdon..cause they cant keep their beaks shut...FALCON AWFUL...clap clap...FALCON AWFUL...

The reason that is is because they are in A class which judges on a high school scale and we're in Open class which is scored on a college scale. The open scores are always lower though the bands are better

That's not how scoring is done at festival.

The quality of judging may be higher at certain festivals, but that's simply because the VBODA will pull out the toughest judges in the state for the state festival.

That's not how scoring is done at festival.

The quality of judging may be higher at certain festivals, but that's simply because the VBODA will pull out the toughest judges in the state for the state festival.

We're not in VBODA, we're in the USSBA, which is a national organization