2012 Graham G-Men...

GMan

I really like them. Not sure I like the change to the helmet though. It looks good and all, but they have had the same helmets for as long as I can remember.

No they haven't look real close. Doug bastardized the logo about 5 years ago.

No they haven't look real close. Doug bastardized the logo about 5 years ago.

The G-star looks the same as always to me. I really don't think the helmets have changed. At least not since the 80's? Either way...I love the new uni's, helmet as well. Just seems weird to see a different stripe and red facemask...but I do like it.

The G-star looks the same as always to me. I really don't think the helmets have changed. At least not since the 80's? Either way...I love the new uni's, helmet as well. Just seems weird to see a different stripe and red facemask...but I do like it.

Marrs added the white stripe around the star. Your avatar looks more like what the G-Star used to be.

Edited by futbolking

The one with the thick white trim around the G-star logo does look pretty bad.

Why make that change?

youre right about that wvuraiders. I know the kids at Haysi were excited last season when we got new Uniforms. They werent anything flashy but were UnderArmour and that meant alot to them

Edited by redtiger

The jerseys look ok, i mean i love the cardinal one but the white shouldve used cardinal instead of gold accents, the helmet looks awesome even though we stole the stripes from Richlands, i would like to see an all Cardinal jersey. i'm not sure how i feel about "G-Men" down the side of the pants either. Oh well guess im a tradionalist, lmao Go G-men!!!

I mean maybe the enitre uniform together will look good? I just think there is a lot of yellow...i mean gold in there lol

Those uniforms were picked by the kids who will be wearing them, helmet included. Change doesnt always make people happy. In 1973 when Glynn took over and changed the colors from maroon and gray to cardnial and gold people lost there minds. But Glynn took a football program that had tradition and put his own stamp on it. In the end people not only accepted it, but loved it. Today Coach Williams is doing the same. Does a little tweak here or there really matter? This guy is in the weightroom at 6:30 every morning for those kids, and he is there late for them. Just last week, not only was he there early for two a days, but he had 3 kids who couldnt do 2 a days with everyone else so Coach stayed late with these kids to get them up to speed. Name me one other coach around here that will do that? Lets him do his thing and accept it, in the end you may be suprised at how good things turn out.

The jerseys look ok, i mean i love the cardinal one but the white shouldve used cardinal instead of gold accents, the helmet looks awesome even though we stole the stripes from Richlands, i would like to see an all Cardinal jersey. i'm not sure how i feel about "G-Men" down the side of the pants either. Oh well guess im a tradionalist, lmao Go G-men!!!

Didnt realize Richlands had a trademark on the helmet stripes. I thought those were called titan stripes since they were first to wear them.

Those uniforms were picked by the kids who will be wearing them, helmet included. Change doesnt always make people happy. In 1973 when Glynn took over and changed the colors from maroon and gray to cardnial and gold people lost there minds. But Glynn took a football program that had tradition and put his own stamp on it. In the end people not only accepted it, but loved it. Today Coach Williams is doing the same. Does a little tweak here or there really matter? This guy is in the weightroom at 6:30 every morning for those kids, and he is there late for them. Just last week, not only was he there early for two a days, but he had 3 kids who couldnt do 2 a days with everyone else so Coach stayed late with these kids to get them up to speed. Name me one other coach around here that will do that? Lets him do his thing and accept it, in the end you may be suprised at how good things turn out.

I'm not knocking the fact that there is change going on at Graham, because God knows that we needed that! What i'm trying to get at is that there is alot of gold to the uniform, i agree that the uniform helmet and all are sharp, i just dont like the pants! LOL but it will grow< i liked the all cardinal look or cardinal and white!

I'm not knocking the fact that there is change going on at Graham, because God knows that we needed that! What i'm trying to get at is that there is alot of gold to the uniform, i agree that the uniform helmet and all are sharp, i just dont like the pants! LOL but it will grow< i liked the all cardinal look or cardinal and white!

I got ya. It will grow on you. When you see them live the yellow really pops. I think it looks great, and I was skeptical at first also. Graham wore yellow pants up until about 1988 or so. White looks good, if its white on white. But with a cardinal jersey it looks horrible. The cardinal on cardinal looks good too, but 23 years of that look is enough. You'll get used to it. When I first saw the helmet I did'nt like it, but now that I've seen it for a while I think I like it better than the original.

Glad to read this post! As far as the uniform change I also think this a great move for this program. It serves to move this tradition lad school to a NEW level. No more dwelling on the past and certainly excited about a very bright future! The Virginia side folks are once again excited about this team and the changes that have occurred. This excitement is displayed by everyone you speak to. I, for one, will be making the two hour trip up to Mitchell for the opening game. I will be sitting on the Virginia side and rooting for those G-Men! Although I believe this is a few years away, I so look forward to be sitting in Salem Stadium on an early December weekend waiting for those G-Men to take the field. Good luck Graham!