College Football Predictions

V-Cats

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, what's your preseason top 5 & who do you think will be in each respective BCS game

Oh okay that's better.

Well, of course, I think Alabama will retain the No. 1 Preseason slot.

1. 'Bama

2. USC

3. LSU

4. Oregon

5. WVU (may be a little high, but they have a good solid core returning from last year. They definitely have what it takes to make a run, IMO)

BCS Title game

'Bama vs USC (dunno if they still are suspended, if they are, then I figure WVU or Oregon may get here)

Orange Bowl

Virginia Tech vs. Michigan.... I think we'll see a rematch, folks.

Sugar Bowl

LSU vs Oregon

Rose Bowl

WVU vs Oklahoma

(if I forgot any other BCS bowls, then I apologize.)

Oh okay that's better.

1. 'Bama

2. USC

3. LSU

4. Oregon

5. WVU (may be a little high, but they have a good solid core returning from last year. They definitely have what it takes to make a run, IMO)

BCS Title game

'Bama vs USC (dunno if they still are suspended, if they are, then I figure WVU or Oregon may get here)

Orange Bowl

Sugar Bowl

LSU vs Oregon

Rose Bowl

WVU vs Oklahoma

Virgina Tech wont be in a BCS bowl this season

Virgina Tech wont be in a BCS bowl this season

Why not? Favorable schedule. #3 QB in the nation (per ESPN). Great defense. Only real wuestion mark is the o-line, and they will be fine. I don't see why VT shouldn't be a threat for a BCS game.

Why not? Favorable schedule. #3 QB in the nation (per ESPN). Great defense. Only real wuestion mark is the o-line, and they will be fine. I don't see why VT shouldn't be a threat for a BCS game.

if they do get in one it wont be as the ACC champs the noles will claim that title

Oh okay that's better.

1. 'Bama

2. USC

3. LSU

4. Oregon

BCS Title game

Orange Bowl

Sugar Bowl

LSU vs Oregon

Rose Bowl

WVU vs Oklahoma

I'll probably get flamed here by at least one poster that likes to show up every now and then, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it...

MY OPINION is that WVU will be nowhere near #5 in the nation. I believe they'll hang around the 15-20 ranking all season long. They do have great skill players coming back, but I think they are going to learn the hard way that they aren't in the Big East anymore. Yes, they put up 70 in a BCS bowl game, but it's also the same team that struggled to score 24 points against Cincinnati last season. Their offense is based solely on rhythm. If it gets rolling, ask Clemson how it feels. If it gets disrupted then it's much harder. Ask OK State how that went against Iowa State.

Consistency will be their big issue this season. They will win a game or two that they probably shouldn't and will lose a game or two that they should've easily won. They're gonna learn fairly quickly that they have to bring it every week in a big boy conference. They can't slide through on this schedule like they did last year.

I am excited to see how they fare this season and in the future. They deserved to get their shot in a real conference and now they got it.

LSU is easily the best team in the nation. They will go 14-0 with a national title.

No way they go undefeated in the SEC this season.

They very well may win a national title in January but I think they're staring at a loss no matter what at some point. They go through the gauntlet of Bama, USCe, and Arky, all of which are Top 10 teams, plus your standard Auburn's and Florida's in the conference.

FWIW, I'm taking Bama this season to win it all, but there are legitimately 3-4 teams in the SEC that have realistic shots at bringing home the national title.

Rose Bowl

WVU vs Oklahoma

You do realize that WVU and Oklahoma are in the same Conference this season...right???? And neither are in the either the Big 10/11/12 or the 12-Pac...so that match-up, in that bowl, won't be happening...

You do realize that WVU and Oklahoma are in the same Conference this season...right???? And neither are in the either the Big 10/11/12 or the 12-Pac...so that match-up, in that bowl, won't be happening...

Oh..... Right. Well, I still think one of those 2 teams will go to the Rose Bowl. Both have a legit shot IMO.

Oh okay that's better.

1. 'Bama

2. USC

3. LSU

4. Oregon

BCS Title game

Orange Bowl

Sugar Bowl

LSU vs Oregon

Rose Bowl

WVU vs Oklahoma

What about the Big East champion? Although they probably won' even be ranked in the top 20 aren't they still guarenteed their BCS spot in the sugar?

Oh..... Right. Well, I still think one of those 2 teams will go to the Rose Bowl. Both have a legit shot IMO.

Why the Rose bowl?? The odds of a Big 12 team being selected for the Rose bowl is far fetched.

Not counting TCU's game last season, in the past 50 years only 3 teams from the Big 12 have played in the Rose Bowl. (Which 2 out of the 3 were playing for the National Championship) So make that 1 team in the past 30 years. Texas in 2005

The real question mark for VT will be does the offensive staff learn from their mistakes of the past eight years and finally try to simplify the offense to develop an identity. They've looked confused too many times trying to execute plays in games while having 186 different formations pre snap. NFL team don't run that many different sets so why do it in college? They can't remember all that.

Pick one style, practice it, & stick with it!

Favorable schedule? REALLY?!?! This is VT's hardest ACC schedule since joining the conference. VT plays essentially the same team that beat 'em like stray dogs...twice last season...AND it's at Clemson. VT plays a Florida State team that's actually legitimate, and the ACC's best shot at a national title contender. Oh, and lets not forget the Labor Day game...against the only other Coastal team to make it to the ACC Title Game...and VT's biggest foil since joining the ACC.

If your O-Line doesn't rise up, you're a 9-3 team this year.

If we're going Top 5 to end the season...

1. LSU

2. USC

3. Oregon

4. Bama

5. Florida State (seriously...I think people are too quick to write them off based on the past decade)

A few predictions:

1. WVU fans are in for a rude awakening this season. 9-3 would be a sterling success...

2. VT fans are going to see just how Thomas does behind a piecemeal offensive line. I'm going 10-2 for them, almost solely on the strength of a defense that could be #1 nationally. Expect a lot of ~ 17-14 games.

3. Florida State's going to shed the demons this year. If they get by Clemson and VT, they aren't losing. Florida's got its weakest team in 20 years. They play TWO FCS schools. USF is overrated. Their conference schedule is very cake (avoid GT/UNC/UVA, Teams #2-4 in the Coastal).

2. VT fans are going to see just how Thomas does behind a piecemeal offensive line. I'm going 10-2 for them, almost solely on the strength of a defense that could be #1 nationally. Expect a lot of ~ 17-14 games.

But in all fairness, VT fans are well conditioned to expect those types of games.

If we're going Top 5 to end the season...

1. LSU

2. USC

3. Oregon

4. Bama

5. Florida State (seriously...I think people are too quick to write them off based on the past decade)

You wont see USC and Oregon at 2 and 3 IMO just because they play each other in the regular season and likely in the PAC-12 title game. Better chance of one of them being #1 with Bama/LSU in whichever order 2/3 because they wont be in the SECCG against each other.

LSU is easily the best team in the nation. They will go 14-0 with a national title.

LSU is very talented. The word "easily" is a stretch. Bama may have something to say about that.

1. Bama

2. USC

3. LSU

4. Oklahoma

5. FSU

Bama and USC for the BCSNC.

Edited by blueinbama