ND reveals ugly football uniforms

ThomasDenton

I don't think they're as bad as Notre Dame's new helmets. You'd at least think VT being SWVA's premier college in big time football, people would like the camo and turkey footprints.

The camo is military camo, not hunting camo, and will be worn vs. Bowling Green for the Military Appreciation Day. VT, with its Corps of Cadets, has a long and historical tie to the US Military.

And, I don't understand all the hate towards the Turkey Track helmet...considering VT is the "Home of the Fighting Gobblers". Very appropriate and, in my opinion, is much better than those fugly orange and flat black helmets they've worn in the past few seasons.

189748722cEFOOD_fs.jpg

The camo is military camo, not hunting camo, and will be worn vs. Bowling Green for the Military Appreciation Day. VT, with its Corps of Cadets, has a long and historical tie to the US Military.

And, I don't understand all the hate towards the Turkey Track helmet...considering VT is the "Home of the Fighting Gobblers". Very appropriate and, in my opinion, is much better than those fugly orange and flat black helmets they've worn in the past few seasons.

189748722cEFOOD_fs.jpg

I know it's military camo, but I don't think it really matters to most people. Plenty of people around here just love stuff in camo (whatever kind it may be...even pink camo, lol). And I kind of like the turkey tracks helmet, better than the one with a map of virginia on it.

189748722cEFOOD_fs.jpg

I love the black ones. I wish we'd wear em every year.

I don't think they're as bad as Notre Dame's new helmets. You'd at least think VT being SWVA's premier college in big time football, people would like the camo and turkey footprints.

I love the black ones. I wish we'd wear em every year.

The black helmets were awful...almost as bad as Duke's black helmets for this season...

new-black-helmet-duke-football-2012-590x388.jpg

Why is everyone stuck on these black uniforms? I mean, they're not all bad, but IMO they only really work for schools' whose colors include black. Why not instead of flat black helmets, they try something like flat blue (such as for Duke's helmet)?

Why is everyone stuck on these black uniforms? I mean, they're not all bad, but IMO they only really work for schools' whose colors include black. Why not instead of flat black helmets, they try something like flat blue (such as for Duke's helmet)?

THANK YOU! what is with the obsession with black? Haysi wore black pants for a couple ofgames a few years ago and had black homecomming jerseys(players choice). The LL team even wears black jerseys. Black is not one of Haysis school colors! I hate it!

THANK YOU! what is with the obsession with black? Haysi wore black pants for a couple ofgames a few years ago and had black homecomming jerseys(players choice). The LL team even wears black jerseys. Black is not one of Haysis school colors! I hate it!

That's like the year after I graduated from Battle, they started to use those awful black jerseys (which were made like cheap practice jerseys) with the green numbers outlined with yellow. Also had the green and white helmets and solid white pants. Those uniforms were ugly and the jerseys literally fell apart.

After looking at ND's Shamrock series uniforms, I really like the jersey, but that's about it. The pants aren't too bad, but would be better if they were just solid gold. But those helmets.........WHY?!?! Maybe I'm just a bit of a purist or old fashioned or something, but what was wrong with the solid gold helmets? At least if the whole thing was that kind of gold in the new ones, then they might get an advantage by blinding their opponents.