Graham vs Beaver 2012

-oo-

Who does everyone have in this game coming up Friday? I heard Grahams defense should be a lot better this year but I think Bluefield has too much speed and talent.

Bluefield-42

Graham-14

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham will keep it closer than what you think.... They'll have the ability this year to drive the ball and eat up some of the clock.... I'm going with Graham in an upset 28....27.

main thing is for the gmen to hold on to the ball and keep drives going, and eat up the clock then score at the end of the drive.

main thing is for the gmen to hold on to the ball and keep drives going, and eat up the clock then score at the end of the drive.

Yes..... if they don't... they're toast. Bluefield has a lot of speed and can score fast. I think Graham's best cance is to sustain drives and eat the clock and make sure they capitalize on chances... otherwise, it'll be a long night.

I think Graham will be able to move the ball against Bluefield this season, if they play smart...they can do it.

not even close speed wise..blfd by 3 tds

speed is good if you have the ball but if graham can run the ball, hold on to it and score on long drives the score will not be as high as in past years.the key for the gmen will be as i said to hold on to the ball and control the clock with a good running game.

speed is good if you have the ball but if graham can run the ball, hold on to it and score on long drives the score will not be as high as in past years.the key for the gmen will be as i said to hold on to the ball and control the clock with a good running game.

Definitely. Graham will have to win the time of possession battle BIG TIME.

Sounds like the game plan from years ago....... it's worked before.... wish them the best.

Montel Legget had a big game last year against Graham with 200+ yards running and a few touchdowns if I'm not mistaken.

Graham has to stop him if they want a chance but assuming he hasn't gotten worse since last year, I think he'll run all over the G-Men, unfortunately.

Montel Legget had a big game last year against Graham with 200+ yards running and a few touchdowns if I'm not mistaken.

Graham has to stop him if they want a chance but assuming he hasn't gotten worse since last year, I think he'll run all over the G-Men, unfortunately.

I hope they can slow him down.... Graham was tackling better in their scrimmages this year... something they hadn't been doing very well for a few years...they're better at the fundamentals... I still believe that Bluefield has too much speed, but if they come with the right game plan, anything can happen. I wish them the best.

Sounds like the game plan from years ago....... it's worked before.... wish them the best.

ghs will have to play to their strengths and if that is the running game they need to utilize it and keep the defense honest by throwing a few passes mixed in.i agree they are better fundamentally wise than in years past and seem to be a little stronger with kids being in the weight room over the summer. but again fundamentals and being sound in their game is what they have to do. and i feel that they will play a much better game than the past several years.

What you beaver fans either don't realize or don't care is that the reason beaver has killed Graham the last several years is because of Graham. What I mean is that the work wasn't being done in the weight room, there was no discipline, or coaching. Beaver had better teams those years, but we made us look worse than we were. Now there is work, now there is accountability to the coaches and each other. I don't care if beaver has the whole team back, they aren't getting beat by 35 points as even some Graham fans have suggested( and shame on you guys that have). These kids have worked their rear ends off to get Graham football back to where it was. Fixing Graham is the battle, the rest will take care of itself.

What you beaver fans either don't realize or don't care is that the reason beaver has killed Graham the last several years is because of Graham. What I mean is that the work wasn't being done in the weight room, there was no discipline, or coaching. Beaver had better teams those years, but we made us look worse than we were. Now there is work, now there is accountability to the coaches and each other. I don't care if beaver has the whole team back, they aren't getting beat by 35 points as even some Graham fans have suggested( and shame on you guys that have). These kids have worked their rear ends off to get Graham football back to where it was. Fixing Graham is the battle, the rest will take care of itself.

agree totally with this. i do not think it will be a blow out but will be a much closer and better game this friday. ghs is doing the fundamentals 100% better, worked the weights over the summer and are a team again. coach is getting them back to the way they use to be and this will be the start of better things to come for ghs. all i can say is look out for the gmen this year and years to come.

Absolutely.... the improvement in just what is basically one year is remarkable (Williams took over last June),,..can't wait to see what this guy can do over time. The support by the community behind this team is overwhelming, as well.....it's just a matter of time before Graham is a contender every year again..

Edited by futbolking

I hope you Graham guys really give the kids and Coach Williams some slack this season. You all have lofty expectations already and a few early/bad losses could send you guys into a whirlpool. Your expectations may very well be good and true, but don't forget that Rome wasn't built in a day. It's probably going to take this season and maybe another one to fully correct the wrongs that have plagued Graham football in the past. I'd say by the time Williams' first class (now sophomores) are seniors in his program the foundation will be built for a successful program again.

Until Williams can fully implement his philosophy into his team, much like Bluefield and Richlands and other teams who are routinely competitive, then it might be a tough go-around for the guys. The sooner that comes along the better off Graham will be. I just don't realistically think that you'll see it as soon as this season.

I hope you Graham guys really give the kids and Coach Williams some slack this season. You all have lofty expectations already and a few early/bad losses could send you guys into a whirlpool. Your expectations may very well be good and true, but don't forget that Rome wasn't built in a day. It's probably going to take this season and maybe another one to fully correct the wrongs that have plagued Graham football in the past. I'd say by the time Williams' first class (now sophomores) are seniors in his program the foundation will be built for a successful program again.

Until Williams can fully implement his philosophy into his team, much like Bluefield and Richlands and other teams who are routinely competitive, then it might be a tough go-around for the guys. The sooner that comes along the better off Graham will be. I just don't realistically think that you'll see it as soon as this season.

dont think have lofty expectations this year but from what has been seen so far the difference from last year is remarkable. this being said it will take at least another year for ghs to reach its potential, this was even said by many from the va side last year that it would take 2 to 3 years to get back to where we were with carlock. coach williams is on the right path and they have the boosters involved again which was missing at ghs, the kids are back in the weight room now. so this year will again be a learning year for the gmen but i warn teams not to take this team to lightly or they may just surprise you.

dont think have lofty expectations this year but from what has been seen so far the difference from last year is remarkable. this being said it will take at least another year for ghs to reach its potential, this was even said by many from the va side last year that it would take 2 to 3 years to get back to where we were with carlock. coach williams is on the right path and they have the boosters involved again which was missing at ghs, the kids are back in the weight room now. so this year will again be a learning year for the gmen but i warn teams not to take this team to lightly or they may just surprise you.

No offense, but could you use some capital letters? I agree with much of what you normally say but it gets hard to read a lot of the time. Again, no offense towards you.

No offense, but could you use some capital letters? I agree with much of what you normally say but it gets hard to read a lot of the time. Again, no offense towards you.

none taken i tend not to use capitals because takes longer to type. i am not like some that take offense to everything.

Since this will be the only Beaver game I get to watch in-person I hope it's entertaining. As I said previously, while I have enjoyed Beaver winning the past three years ( especially after Will Cole Gate) the margin of those victories has taken away some of the luster from the rivalry. I hope Graham is more competitive this year and can at least give Bluefield a challenge for 2-3 quarters. Ripping Graham's heart out in the 4th is much more fun than doing so in the first quarter and winning by 30-40 points.

Since this will be the only Beaver game I get to watch in-person I hope it's entertaining. As I said previously, while I have enjoyed Beaver winning the past three years ( especially after Will Cole Gate) the margin of those victories has taken away some of the luster from the rivalry. I hope Graham is more competitive this year and can at least give Bluefield a challenge for 2-3 quarters. Ripping Graham's heart out in the 4th is much more fun than doing so in the first quarter and winning by 30-40 points.

The GRAHAM vs beaver game is one of the biggest if not the biggest game to open the highschool football season up in the area.I do not think many AAA highschools draw the number of fans this game does. So overall the game still has the luster just not the competition that many are use to in this game the past several years. Give Coach a year or two and then i would say watch out. GHS pride and football is on the way back.