Bowling, 2012-13

• 2 weeks later...

After last week's 487, in which I fired a solid 123 in the last game, I had my best night of the year last night...

191-172-232 - 595

More of what I'd expected from you. :)

My last three nights have been dreadful. 477, 501, and a 533 last night. Needed a 193 to salvage the 167-173 start. I just cannot throw strikes, and though my spare percentage is up over years past, it's just not going to do anything if you can't strike.

How's this for a series? 235-222-150. Still a 607, but that's not the way you want to shoot one.

Threw 6 in a row in the 4th through the 9th in Game 1 after going O-/-/ to start. Threw five in a row in the 4th through the 8th in Game 2 before throwing a split in the 9th. The third game started with 4 opens through the first 6 frames. One was a double-wood, which I don't convert well. Two was a 4-10 split. Three was a 1-2-7-8 from where the ball slipped off my hand. Four was a 5-7 split.

What could've been a great set turned into just a good one.

Hey guys!! Wish me luck. Tonight will be my first night back to bowling after being off 8 weeks for arthroscopic shoulder surgery!! With my 127 avg, it can only get better, I HOPE!!!!! LOL

Hey guys!! Wish me luck. Tonight will be my first night back to bowling after being off 8 weeks for arthroscopic shoulder surgery!! With my 127 avg, it can only get better, I HOPE!!!!! LOL

Hope that shoulder's healed. You're gonna beat 127 tonight, no worries.

If you guys ever need a sub, keep me in mind. Thursdays will be coming open next week!

Well, my first night back started off rough!! I was throwing a decent first ball. I just missed alot of easy spares. My first 2 games were 141 and 123. Then I started picking up my spares and bowled a 165 the last game. Overall, I am ok with how I did!!

Well, my first night back started off rough!! I was throwing a decent first ball. I just missed alot of easy spares. My first 2 games were 141 and 123. Then I started picking up my spares and bowled a 165 the last game. Overall, I am ok with how I did!!

Hey, better than the season average! :)

That's a step in the right direction, need to build on that.

Ouch. Still on the right track upward, though.

Again, I had to miss last night. I'll certainly be back next week.

You guys bowled Paul Perry's team last night...I think every one of them had at least 600 and I think Seth had 700+.

We were supposed to bowl them last week but they didn't make it. They made it up before league last night and we split with them, which feels like a win. We've gone 6-2, 4-4, 8-0 so far this quarter...should be close to the top of the board this week. Last quarter, we were in 2nd place going into the last week but lost all 8 and finished 4th/5th for the quarter.

In the middle of tonight's league, sitting at 299 after two. The lane conditions tonight are a f$@&ing joke. Left lane so oily that it's impossible to get it to turn, right lane so none dry you can't keep it on the wood. Worst conditions I've ever bowled on, and that's saying something. Pure garbage. I would expect better from Mountaineer.

I subbed last night in the same league UVAO was bowling in...211-210-160 - 581.

Clean first game. One big ugly split in the 2nd game. Opened in the 7th-8th-9th in the last game (whiffed a 7-pin, big ugly split, and a chop).

When I left, things didn't look much better for UVAO midway through the third game...

In the middle of tonight's league, sitting at 299 after two. The lane conditions tonight are a f$@&ing joke. Left lane so oily that it's impossible to get it to turn, right lane so none dry you can't keep it on the wood. Worst conditions I've ever bowled on, and that's saying something. Pure garbage. I would expect better from Mountaineer.

Lanes 27-28 are always like that. They should only use that pair, and 1-2, in emergency situations only.

Lanes 27-28 are always like that. They should only use that pair, and 1-2, in emergency situations only.

That's the modus operandi at every house I've ever bowled in that had more than 20 lanes. Not here. And I don't know why they continue to do it.

The 3rd game was my best game...a 159.

Needed a 9-count on my first ball of the 10th to win, else I'd have to spare. Bowling on the "impossibly oily" lane, I threw a virtual straight ball through the nose to leave the 4-7, and I couldn't get the ball to move far enough left on the spare shot to cover it. Clipped the 4 pin off. Tied. Just an awful night.

My 458 was the 3rd-best series on our team...