Bowling, 2012-13

244-209-203 - 656

Clean first two games. Left the 4-7-9 and did not convert in the 3rd frame of the last game then chopped the 7 off the 4-7 in the 9th frame.

Averaging 202 over the last six weeks.

I had a pretty good set this past Thursday. 174-182-186 for a 542 series and our team won 3 of 4 points. We had to makeup for the week before and we did not do too well that set. i had a 164-163-146 for a 473 series and we only won 1 of 4 points. I have to admit/make excuses LOL :) , my arm is not used to 6 games in one night!! :)

I had a pretty good set this past Thursday. 174-182-186 for a 542 series and our team won 3 of 4 points. We had to makeup for the week before and we did not do too well that set. i had a 164-163-146 for a 473 series and we only won 1 of 4 points. I have to admit/make excuses LOL :) , my arm is not used to 6 games in one night!! :)

With my elbow, no way I could roll six games in one night. 542 was a nice set!!!

Are you still on the chiropractic regimen? And if so, have you done anything in the last month that's caused it to flare? I recall that you had some pain two weeks ago as well.

Its hurt pretty bad for the last 4-5 weeks. Last night it was hurting too much, too soon in the night for me to continue. I can usually make it two games without a lot of pain, with the pain really setting in during the third game...last night was one and done.

With my elbow, no way I could roll six games in one night. 542 was a nice set!!!

Thanks!!

Since my shoulder surgery, my shoulder has handled the bowling just fine. My problem was my thumb Thursday. It was really sore on the left side of my nail. I must have been releasing the ball wrong/weird or something.

Nothing spectacular for me: a 547 series.

Just a couple things to note.

One, I somehow managed to leave an 8-9 split. It was just one of those shots I left light, and pins started toppling over back to front, leaving the 8-9. I stepped up and managed to split 'em perfectly. I'll probably never leave that again in my life, so it'll be the only spare I've ever been 100%.

Two, I threw 10 strikes all night, 7 of them in a row (last 5 of the 2nd game, first 2 of the 3rd game). Managed to pull a 213 out of the 2nd game, which should be an idea of the kind of night I was having otherwise.

170-225-184. That's a 579 set.

Four open frames all night. Two 4-6 splits, an 8-10 split, and a missed 6-pin to close out the 2nd game, taking away what should've been a game in the high 230s. Started off with the front 4 in that one, then struck in the 6th, 8th, and 9th before the big-time fail in the 10th.

Went 6-2 last night, but it was one of those 6-2 nights where you demolish a team in games #1 and #2, only to have them magically catch fire in game #3.

Elbow hurt...gave it all I had...

195-201-233 - 629

Game 1...Boring game...one open, a couple of strikes, and the rest spares.

Game 2...Opened four of the first five frames (2 big splits and 2 washouts), standing with a nice big 52 through 5 frames. Throw six strikes in a row and finish with a 9 count on the last ball of the 10th.

Game 3...Start off XX/OO...83 through the 5th frame...take it off the sheet (7 strikes in a row).

I crapped away what should've been a much nicer series.

217-186-170. That's a 573, good enough for a 191 average on the night.

The first game was what really hurt. After a X-/-X-/ start, I had thrown 4 in a row. In the 9th frame, I miss my mark by less than a board inside, and despite a clean-looking hit nonetheless, I leave the 4-7-9-10. Though I come close to hitting the thing, I take off just the 4-pin. I go XX9 in the 9th frame for the 217. If that ball in the 9th strikes, I'm looking at a 257. Even with a spare, I'm still in the high 220s. Such has been my season.

The rest of the night was full of X-X-O combinations. I threw just 4 opens on the night, 3 of them nasty splits, and I even hit a 4-9. Every open, though, killed a double that I had going.

Lanes 27-28. Enough said. That one set has cost me literally 7-8 pins in average this season.

You guy's bowled on that pair as much this year as my team did the first year we bowled in the Monday late league a few years ago. And yes, I averaged about 8 or 9 pins less in that league than I did in the league that bowled right before it and never used 27-28...

Left lane killed me last night...three big splits, including the dreaded pocket 7-10, two washouts and several corner pins...unable to string and shoot big...

226-167-190 - 583

UVAO was struggling the first couple of games but seemed to put things together in the third game.

Next week was going to be another epic GMan vs. UVAO battle but word on the lanes is UVAO won't be there next week...

Left lane killed me last night...three big splits, including the dreaded pocket 7-10, two washouts and several corner pins...unable to string and shoot big...

226-167-190 - 583

UVAO was struggling the first couple of games but seemed to put things together in the third game.

Next week was going to be another epic GMan vs. UVAO battle but word on the lanes is UVAO won't be there next week...

Yep. I have a date with my first client in St. Paul next Monday night, and won't be able to make it back up. It's a shame, too, because I like those matchups.

Last night, I tied my personal worst with 7 splits in a night. Those 7 splits happened in the first 19 frames, too. Add in two chopped 6-10s, and you'll see just how bad it was. I went XX9 to end the 2nd game, and threw a clean 3rd game for a 201.

Had a good night of bowling!! Shot 236-163-170 (569)

The 236 tied my personal best, frames consisted of:

X-X-X-9/-X-X-X-9/-X-9/8

The 4th and and 8th frames could have been strikes, they were both very solid shots. If those two shots had been strikes, it would have been a 277 :)

X-X-X-9/-X-X-X-9/-X-9/8

The 4th and and 8th frames could have been strikes, they were both very solid shots. If those two shots had been strikes, it would have been a 277 :)

Great work!

X-X-X-9/-X-X-X-9/-X-9/8

Excellent game!!! Anytime you can go clean with 7 X's, you're gonna score well!!!!

The lanes were the worst I've rolled on this year. We had 3 sub-500s on our 4-man team...UVAO's team's high series was 535 (thanks to a 207 in the last game).

UVAO's Blind Score - 171-171-171 - 513

GMan - 160-170-167 - 497

Teams split the points...my team won games 1 and 2, UVAO's team won game 3 and total pins.

The lanes were the worst I've rolled on this year. We had 3 sub-500s on our 4-man team...UVAO's team's high series was 535 (thanks to a 207 in the last game).

UVAO's Blind Score - 171-171-171 - 513

GMan - 160-170-167 - 497

Teams split the points...my team won games 1 and 2, UVAO's team won game 3 and total pins.

Adds credence to my theory that I'd often do better than not showing up. :/

My team's actually put together a nice 4th quarter. By no means enough to win, but enough to give us a few extra dollars come next week!

Adds credence to my theory that I'd often do better than not showing up. :/

My team's actually put together a nice 4th quarter. By no means enough to win, but enough to give us a few extra dollars come next week!

The lanes were awful, everyone struggled with that pair. I've never seen CM, Jr. score that low before...328 after two games with a 207 to finish. I would have scored lower had I not started lining up on the corner and throwing straight at the pocket...finished X/XX9 in the last game to shoot 167. You probably would have killed that shot.

The lanes were awful, everyone struggled with that pair. I've never seen CM, Jr. score that low before...328 after two games with a 207 to finish. I would have scored lower had I not started lining up on the corner and throwing straight at the pocket...finished X/XX9 in the last game to shoot 167. You probably would have killed that shot.

Outside-in is certainly my bread-and-butter, and I just had that ball sanded 2 weeks ago. I've found over the last few years (in PA, too), I wouldn't throw a gangbusters series when the lanes were cake, but I'd throw better than you might think on tougher, more inconsistent shots. Tonight, the lanes will probably be bone dry and I'll throw 8 splits.

I thought it'd either be CMJ or DC with the 207 to finish. But to see CMJ with a 328 after two almost doesn't register to me.

One more Wednesday night, one more Monday night, and the season's over. I'll probably bowl summer leagues, and it'll be a lock if they do 3-man again. I've got 2 of the 3 required for that now.