Bowling, 2012-13

180-168-197. A 545 set, and a disaligned back.

Seven open frames will do that. Five splits, only one of which was remotely makeable. A chopped 5-9, and a poor shot on a 4-pin round that one out. The poor performances kept my team from perhaps taking all 8, especially in the 2nd game, where I left a 4-6-7 split only to lose by 7.

Always fun to bowl against the GMan.

BTW...how is that back today? I thought you broke something when you dropped your ball in the 10th frame.

It's thrown my spine out of alignment in several places, most of which aren't where I felt the initial pull. First, I have a migraine, which is almost always caused by a misaligned neck. Second, I do have some twinges in my upper back, but it's minor. Three, my lower back hurt quite a bit last night, but I was able to treat that sufficiently so that it's not so bad today.

It's the migraine that's got me.

Lanes 27-28. Enough said. I'm pretty sure I will not bowl in the Wednesday night league based alone on the fact that my teams somehow get stuck on that pair 7-8 times per season. It's hard enough to average anything in that house, much less when you're fighting the funkiest lanes ever made. The money's not worth the enjoyment when you're forced to bowl on a pair that's completely different than what everyone else uses.

Am bowling tonight. Wish I'd have taken the night off. 13 frames in: 4 opens, 3 of them unmakeable splits. The other a corner pin where my ball literally sailed as straight as an arrow. 2 strikes total. Thrown at least 4 flush pocket shots to leave everything from an 8-10 to a stone 9.

And as I type this, I leave a stone 8 on a flush pocket shot in the 5th frame of Game 2.

House of horrors lately.

I had an average night my first 2 games last night with a 159 and 151. I missed all 5 ten pins I shot at. My last game, I bowled my personal best by 1 pin with a 236 and that included missing a sorry 3 pin in the 9th frame.

Just a couple sidenotes, a guy i bowl with bowled a 300 and followed that up with a 254. He threw 20 straight strikes. Also our team is 21 1/2 and 6 1/2 just a half game out of first place with one week and position round left in the quarter.

I had an average night my first 2 games last night with a 159 and 151. I missed all 5 ten pins I shot at. My last game, I bowled my personal best by 1 pin with a 236 and that included missing a sorry 3 pin in the 9th frame.

Just a couple sidenotes, a guy i bowl with bowled a 300 and followed that up with a 254. He threw 20 straight strikes. Also our team is 21 1/2 and 6 1/2 just a half game out of first place with one week and position round left in the quarter.

That's awesome, congrats!!

My Wednesday night was neither good nor bad: 192-177-179. 548 set.

It was either (1) consistently hit spares with no strikes or (2) and (3) strike consistently but leave big splits often. Lane 15 was a disaster: no manner of speed or line adjustment would get it in the pocket for me. I did bowl a double in the 9th and the 1st shot of the 10th to win the series for the team, 2990-2989. That's right, 1 pin. Their anchor bowler threw a 7 on his 2nd ball of the 10th, and I threw an 8.

This past Thursday, my night was OK. I had a 482 series 149-167-166. My team won 3. We are a 1 1/2 games back of first going into position rd. We have to win 3 to take the 3rd quarter. Hopefully we can take care of business!!

207-184-149. All this after pulling a muscle in my back in the 4th frame of the 1st game. Like a moron, I tried to bowl through it. Like a moron, I'll lose a half-day of wages because of it.

10 opens. That's how well the strikes were falling. Strangely, I could throw an effective strike ball, but I could not square up my body to hit spares. The last game was a disaster. 95 in the 5th frame, but threw 4 opens in the next 5 frames. Three chopped combos (took the 2 off a 2-5; took the 5 off a 5-8, and took the 1-2 off a 1-2-4) and a 4-6 split in the 10th frame that cost my team the series.

I feel your pain UVAO. I pulled a muscle in my neck yesterday morning and could not turn my head to the left or back. Went to the chiropractor yesterday. Neck feeling alot better today. Going to the chiropractor again this evening before bowling. Position rd tonight for 1st place. A very important night for league. Hope I can be as effective as I have lately!!

I feel your pain UVAO. I pulled a muscle in my neck yesterday morning and could not turn my head to the left or back. Went to the chiropractor yesterday. Neck feeling alot better today. Going to the chiropractor again this evening before bowling. Position rd tonight for 1st place. A very important night for league. Hope I can be as effective as I have lately!!

Blow 'em up, my friend!!

200-201-181 -582

Couldn't string any strikes but made lots of spares...only four opens (two big splits and two wash-outs). Touchy lanes made for tough bowling tonight.

215-218-174 - 607

Another nice set!

Mine was 173-194-214, for the 581 series.

The last two games were indicative of how I was really bowling. I threw 7 flush pocket shots in Game #1, to be rewarded with: 3 strikes, 1 stone 9, 1 6-10 (on which I chopped the 6 off the 10), 1 3-10 split (which I missed), and 1 4-6 split (obviously missed). It was the craziest thing, to see a ball hit the pocket dead flush to leave a 4-6.

Just a night where I scored decently, yet couldn't buy a break.

Meh...I can't finish a good set...

I couldn't last night. 198-211-151.

And on lanes 27-28.

It's as if I had forgotten how to bowl to start the 3rd game. Had a 55 in the 5th frame, which shows you how hard I had to fight to keep the train from going entirely off the rails.

I have work Monday and practice for the Easter program at church on Wednesday. So no bowling whatsoever for me until Monday next.