Bowling, 2012-13

132-202-165. Wait for it...499!

Eerily similar set. Will bowl in the the Wednesday trios, but that's all for this summer.

We sucked equally as bad last night...

We each threw a gutter ball on our first shot. That's almost worse for me than bowling the 132 in the first place.

Excuse me! I threw TWO gutter balls on my first shot in back to back frames...08 then 06...I had to spare in the 9th and strike in the 10th to shoot 118.

I am not sure about equally. That 118 game is pretty bad!! :) lol

Agreed! In the second game, I would have had eight strikes in a row going into the 10th if it weren't for a wicked ringing 10 pin (that I missed on the spare ball) in the 5th frame and a pocket 7-10 in the sixth frame.

It was crazy how the lanes were last night...

Agreed! In the second game, I would have had eight strikes in a row going into the 10th if it weren't for a wicked ringing 10 pin (that I missed on the spare ball) in the 5th frame and a pocket 7-10 in the sixth frame.

It was crazy how the lanes were last night...

I empathize. After a ball change in the 2nd game, I had X-X-9/-X-X from the 4th-8th. That 9/ was a stone 9.

I empathize. After a ball change in the 2nd game, I had X-X-9/-X-X from the 4th-8th. That 9/ was a stone 9.

I thought you had one of those pocket 7-10's on a string of strikes as well...

First night of summer leagues, and I throw a 598 set. 207-193-198.

Left a ringing 10 on a very flush shot on the first ball of the 10th in Game 3 to miss the 600 series. Just 2 open frames all night, both in Game 2, but fortunately I doubled twice to take the sting off.

We won all 8 games. So, for one week, "The Losers" will be in first!

First night of summer leagues, and I throw a 598 set. 207-193-198.

Left a ringing 10 on a very flush shot on the first ball of the 10th in Game 3 to miss the 600 series. Just 2 open frames all night, both in Game 2, but fortunately I doubled twice to take the sting off.

We won all 8 games. So, for one week, "The Losers" will be in first!

Sounds like the "tough" shot is easier than the "league" shot...

Sounds like the "tough" shot is easier than the "league" shot...

Certainly was for me. Certainly "different".

There were several very low scores in Game 1. The better bowlers adjusted, but it was a change. I hope a similar pattern sticks around. Allows me to throw outside-in with ease.

• 3 weeks later...

CJM is throwing down the Reno + PBA patterns in the Wednesday Trios league this summer. This makes the 2nd week of said pattern.

I threw a 126 in the first game, with 6 opens in a row at one point. The last two games, I started from a lower position and slowed my ball down 4-5 MPH. Finished with 209-188. I'm right proud of that finish. Came to a 523 set...one of only three 500s thrown last night.

That's one thing I noticed when I bowled in the Sport League a few years back, speed is everything. That's when I learned how to slow it down. But you still have to make spares to shoot a good score.

Threw a 197-189-163 on the two worst lanes in the house Wednesday night. They still have the Reno pattern, and I still have to throw the ball like an arthritic grandmother to get it to turn any at all. But it does turn. We won all 8 games, but only won total by 54 pins. Two of those three games came down to the very end.

This puts my squad at 26-14 after 5 weeks, just 2 games out of first. Good times!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice set!!! 182 isn't too bad. I think I was around 180 the year I bowled in the Sports League. Kinda sad that your average on a tough shot is on par with your average on the league shot...not sad that its the same, sad that the league shot is as tough as it is.

I don't think I'm going to bowl this year. Think I'm going to let my elbow take a year off and heal up. Its feeling somewhat better now but I still get pains when I do certain things. I think bowling again this year will just make it worse.

• 4 weeks later...

Finished this summer with a 616 set: 192-168-256.

That 256 is my highest game since I moved back to SWVA. A 9/ in the third, an 8/ in the 6th, and a 9 on the final throw in the 10th. All else strikes. Made up for 8 opens in the first two games, combined. Five of those were splits: one 4-6-7-10, two 4-6, one 8-10, and one 4-7-10, which I nearly hit. I didn't hit my first spare until the 5th frame of Game 2, and only hit 4 all night.

First game was O-O-X-X-X-X-X-O-X-O. Sounds like a bad love letter.

Gives me hope going into next fall.

Nice way to finish!!! I hope you guys won. Tiller's a crybaby, I love seeing him lose.

Unfortunately, we only won the 3rd. CP bowled a 211, too, and we blew their doors off. Glorious, really. CP had a very rough first game, and Tiller bowled a 279 in the 2nd. We were down 184 pins easing into the 3rd game, and we ended up losing total by 60.

Ended up tying Tiller's bunch for 3rd. Good season.

A d, yep, that rule is dumb. Our guy was legitimately injured. We clearly weren't bagging.