Bowling, 2012-13

I had my best series in quite some time this past Thursday night!! I bowled games of 182-198-181 for a series of 561. I dont think I pulled a shot all night. If I hadn't missed three 10 pins, I would have been pushing a 600 series. Was a very encouraging night!!!

Edited by mv91

I had my best series in quite some time this past Thursday night!! I bowled games of 182-198-181 for a series of 561. I dont think I pulled a shot all night. If I hadn't missed three 10 pins, I would have been pushing a 600 series. Was a very encouraging night!!!

That's wonderful! Congrats!

Nice bowling. Unfortunately, I'll be back on the lanes tonight after a wonderful two week layoff. Goal = 475.

Nice bowling. Unfortunately, I'll be back on the lanes tonight after a wonderful two week layoff. Goal = 475.

Shew!! I know the feeling. My initial goal was to break 500. I had not eclipsed 475 after 8 weeks or so until my 561!! I am not sure what got into me!! :)

149-212-168 - 529

Lots of rust = lots of missed spares. Had some funky ball reaction tonight too, never really felt good on the lanes.

I was sitting at exactly 212 through 15 frames, and ended up over 500.

My six-step approach wasn't even coming remotely close to the pocket. Went back to the shorter 4-step approach, and things were better. Made a ball change, and things were better still. Would've been very nice had I not chopped a 6-10 and threw 2 splits in the 3rd game.

My preferred strike ball has NEVER picked up the amount of oil that it did last night. I've bowled on PBA patterns in different houses, and still I didn't have the oil that I did yesterday. I had to wipe my ball off after every shot, because the ball track would literally be soaked in oil.

On Lanes 27-28. Little more needs to be said.

Felt like I was throwing the ball fairly well. Threw five splits, and only one wasn't a pretty pure pocket shot. Some shots just demolished the pocket, only to leave 7s and 10s. And I'm not talking about shots that were light, because I left 1 stone-8 and 2 stone-9s, too.

Of course, the lanes dried out in a flash.

Ended up with a 494, when I'm convinced I'd have been near 600 on any other pair in the house.

On Lanes 27-28. Little more needs to be said.

Felt like I was throwing the ball fairly well. Threw five splits, and only one wasn't a pretty pure pocket shot. Some shots just demolished the pocket, only to leave 7s and 10s. And I'm not talking about shots that were light, because I left 1 stone-8 and 2 stone-9s, too.

Of course, the lanes dried out in a flash.

Ended up with a 494, when I'm convinced I'd have been near 600 on any other pair in the house.

The Curse of Lanes 27/28 LIVES!!!! I feel your pain. I've been lucky for a couple of years now and have not had to roll on that pair. Now, having said that, our pair on Monday night will die in the first frame of the first game and we will be moved to 27/28...:D...and I hope we are bowling you when/if it does! LOL

222-226-258 - 706

Highest series in three years + clean set!

Was a wonderful thing to watch from two pairs down!

171-182-234. A 587 set, my best in 3 months. Two nasty splits in game1 and two missed corners in game 2 kept it from being over 600. Three a pair of turkeys in a clean 3rd game to finish strong.

I got to thinking about it...I don't think I've ever gone "30 clean". Even when I rolled the 782 (299-246-237), I started the last game off with a big split. And I'm pretty sure that in my other three 700 series, I had at least one open in each of those, too.

The 258 went X/X /XX XXX XX8...went a little high in the 2nd frame and left the 4-7, made an adjustment left a ringing 10 in the 4th frame. Last ball was just like the 2nd frame. Second game, I left 9-pins in the 6th and 8th frames otherwise I would have had 8 in a row to finish that game.

171-182-234. A 587 set, my best in 3 months. Two nasty splits in game1 and two missed corners in game 2 kept it from being over 600. Three a pair of turkeys in a clean 3rd game to finish strong.

You made a real nice comeback in that last game...234 is solid, anytime.

Broke 600 for the first time in about 2 months.

224-215-193. That's good enough for a 632 set in an 0-8 effort.

Threw just four opens on the night, and two of those were in the first two frames. Started 2-4-10 and chopped 1-2-8, then roared out to 6 strikes in a row. Second game was on a 225-pace after a double and a 4-bagger...until a 6-7 in the 10th frame ground it to a halt. Third game started X and chopped double wood. Several solid hits, just left random pins (two 10s, a 6, an 8, and a 4). Doubled in the 8th and 9th to get it back to 190s.

Maybe I'm turning the corner.

Nice shooting! Sounds like you're definitely on the road to recovery!

My average will jump up 3 or 4 pins from that 706 I shot on Monday night. We bowl the "200 average" team this week...I'd like to have another 7, but won't be disappointed with a 6.

174-232-193. Comes out to a...599.

Shot myself in the foot with 5 opens: three in the 1st game and one each in the two that followed (both in the 1st frame, oddly). Three of them were missed corner pins (two 7s; one 10). One washout, two splits (made a 4-9).

Second game was awesome. Threw 6 in a row from 2nd-7th in Game 2. Could've scored way higher in Game 3...left stones and solid 7s and 10s in 5 of the first 6 frames. Any of those could've/should've been strikes. Team layed lumber in Game 3...1019 total with handicap. And that's with me shooting 193.

In my last 3 trips, I have thrown my 2nd, 4th, and 6th highest series of the year...out of 37 total series.

Edited by UVAObserver

Eight splits + six strikes = tough night

As did UVAO, I only had five opens (all being big splits...and yes, I converted three of eight). Unfortunately, I had very few strikes...

174-169-193 - 536

200-246-171 - 617

Missed a 10-pin in the 6th frame of the first game, opened in the 10th of the second game by missing a 10-pin, and started the third game with a missed 10-pin and never got on track.

Tonight...pure crap. 170-162-174 - 506

Big splits in the 10th frame...twice. Did not have 30 after three frames...twice...once with a strike in the first frame. Missed several 10-pins and left a bunch of messes.

190-168-190. 548 set, but with 3 opens...in EACH game.

Strikes were often there, except in the 2nd game, where I had one all game. Four of those opens were nasty, unmakeable splits. Four others were multi-pin spares, two of which were washouts. Left 100 pins out there. Frustrating night.

I had a decent set this past Thursday of 522, 176-192-154. The last game I had a couple unfortunate splits and missed a 10 pin. Overall was pleased with my night. My avg is up approximately 19 pins since returning in early November.

This past Thursday, I shot 164-179-184 for a 527. Overall, I am pleased with my progression! And our team is tied for 2nd place just a 1/2 game out of 1st with 2 weeks left in the 3rd quarter

G-Man vs. UVAO....

208-233-194 - 635

Two opens...4-7-10 in the 5th frame of game 2 (after starting with a 4-bagger) and 4-6-10 in the 10th frame of game 3.

Team split 4-4...we won the first two games by a total of 11 pins and they killed us in game 3 and total pins.

I let UVAO fill you in on his set...