Abingdon vs Tazewell JV

BigO

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I show excitement? I merely stated a fact. I'm sorry Billy boy...did you say something? I swear I heard you say "baaah....baaah"......People on this site have no original thoughts...just follow along with what the person before you said. Shows gross lack of intelligence...which is why Obama is president.

Did I show excitement? I merely stated a fact. I'm sorry Billy boy...did you say something? I swear I heard you say "baaah....baaah"......People on this site have no original thoughts...just follow along with what the person before you said. Shows gross lack of intelligence...which is why Obama is president.

why are you still here? all you do is beg for respect for a team that deserves none....and put everyone else down as being "beneath" you or your intellectual standards...so why not just go someplace else?

I disagree. There are several Freshman and Sophomores that should be playing JV, having to Start on Friday nights. This is largely because there are so few kids in the upper classes. Over 20 Freshmen and only 4 Juniors. Things will get better.

You posted a thread about beating a JV team that would lose to most 8th grade teams in the area. This happened after you posted a thread bragging because you LOST to a team in a lower classification that's been one step above a doormat for the past 15 years.

At least Southbound and Failconman are funny stereotypes. You, sir, are a sad little man.

why are you still here? all you do is beg for respect for a team that deserves none....and put everyone else down as being "beneath" you or your intellectual standards...so why not just go someplace else?

This is a long response....you are forewarned..no need to bash without reading it.

I have NEVER ever demanded respect. I don't put people down as being beneath me or my intellectual standards...they do that to themselves. Let me explain.

Since I joined this forum all I read on here is how bad Abingdon football and the people of Abingdon are. Lance you even started a thread about the Whine and Cheese party...a thread that wasn't in response to any demeaning post by me or any other Abingdon fan or resident. And thats just one example. To use an old cliche, I won't apologize for retaliating because someone called my baby ugly. Neither would you. If I said your mom was ugly would you not defend her?

Secondly, I never said that I was excited about losing to VHS. This part is funny actually. Numerous people, okay..pretty much every non AHS forum member, talks regularly about how bad they expect AHS to be this year..and every year. So, I started a thread asking people to admit they were surprised we only lost by 3 when everyone (including the BHC) expected us to lose by more than 20. Now, here's where the intellect of this forum comes into question. Someone posts that they think its funny I am happy because we lost. So, everyone jumps on board...hence my sheep comment. So, instead of "manning up", they cowl down to the guy who says I am happy we lost. They know better but they are afraid to openly admit they were surprised. I really don't think people thought I was happy we lost...I just think they had nothing else to make up...so they went with that.

This is somewhat of a "chicken or egg" debate. Did southbound and his cronies cause everyone on here to start the AHS bashing OR do people really hate AHS so much that they just rail on them? Either way, I will defend my baby. As would you. I know a large number of the kids who are on this team...and some of them I know very well. They mean a lot to me and while they aren't my "baby" I like to think I have been a positive influence in their lives. A long with many other people on this board (you know who you are), I care about them as people and about the men they will become. I will defend them to the bitter end, because, afterall, isn't that the kind of men we want them to become?

So, Lance, if you want me to leave then so be it. I will leave. You have the authority to ban me, no? I believe you haven't done so because deep down you want me on this forum...you NEED me on this forum...sorry, couldn't help the AFGM reference. Peace out.

Guest king kone
This is a long response....you are forewarned..no need to bash without reading it.

I have NEVER ever demanded respect. I don't put people down as being beneath me or my intellectual standards...they do that to themselves. Let me explain.

Since I joined this forum all I read on here is how bad Abingdon football and the people of Abingdon are. Lance you even started a thread about the Whine and Cheese party...a thread that wasn't in response to any demeaning post by me or any other Abingdon fan or resident. And thats just one example. To use an old cliche, I won't apologize for retaliating because someone called my baby ugly. Neither would you. If I said your mom was ugly would you not defend her?

Secondly, I never said that I was excited about losing to VHS. This part is funny actually. Numerous people, okay..pretty much every non AHS forum member, talks regularly about how bad they expect AHS to be this year..and every year. So, I started a thread asking people to admit they were surprised we only lost by 3 when everyone (including the BHC) expected us to lose by more than 20. Now, here's where the intellect of this forum comes into question. Someone posts that they think its funny I am happy because we lost. So, everyone jumps on board...hence my sheep comment. So, instead of "manning up", they cowl down to the guy who says I am happy we lost. They know better but they are afraid to openly admit they were surprised. I really don't think people thought I was happy we lost...I just think they had nothing else to make up...so they went with that.

This is somewhat of a "chicken or egg" debate. Did southbound and his cronies cause everyone on here to start the AHS bashing OR do people really hate AHS so much that they just rail on them? Either way, I will defend my baby. As would you. I know a large number of the kids who are on this team...and some of them I know very well. They mean a lot to me and while they aren't my "baby" I like to think I have been a positive influence in their lives. A long with many other people on this board (you know who you are), I care about them as people and about the men they will become. I will defend them to the bitter end, because, afterall, isn't that the kind of men we want them to become?

So, Lance, if you want me to leave then so be it. I will leave. You have the authority to ban me, no? I believe you haven't done so because deep down you want me on this forum...you NEED me on this forum...sorry, couldn't help the AFGM reference. Peace out.

Camelot....

FWIW, (and this is my most honest assessment, so take it or leave it) in all the years of my life that I've had anything to do in Abingdon, there have been plenty of bad experiences that make me not like Abingdon so much. I used to go to Abingdon with my friend and walk around, looking at all the historical stuff because we're history buffs, but there were way too many times that the people in the town just treated us like we were beneath them for no reason at all. I know every town has people like that who don't like outsiders/visitors, but it just seems like Abingdon has that sense about the whole town. I know lots of people from there who are great and are friends, but most Abingdon people I've encountered make it hard to get to know them because of their attitude. I've even seen the kids act the same way in the high school. This is just the experience I have. I want to like the town, school and people in general, but it's hard based on my past experiences.

Now, about the football team, I'm not going to go into talking about the past between AHS and JSB, but I truly was surprised that Abingdon almost beat VHS. I actually expected VHS to win that game easily. Granted, neither team showed an offense, but AHS almost pulled it off (I listened to the whole game on the radio, was actually wanting to go but couldn't). So, whatever the trend may be on here, I'll state my personal feelings: Had a lot of bad experiences in the town with the people there for no good reason and I, for one, was actually surprised that AHS almost beat VHS. Just my two cents.

Who won the 8th grade game? Anyone know?

Abingdon 20-0. Tazewell moved the ball well, just too many turnovers. Abingdon had some good looking athletes, especially at TE and WR. Tazewell is way undersized at middle school level. They have several 7th graders on the defensive side of the ball.

I have been guilty of getting after the two clowns Southward and Falconboy haha, but try not to get too personal with them because they are young men who need role models in their life. Must admit though, they tend to get a little out of hand and need some chastisement. Big 'O' I feel for you because I do think you need a new coach there.

Wasn't at either game, but will agree with BaronDawg re. TMS & THS JV. TMS has 6th & 7th graders playing against 8th graders, and the JV is depleted because of 9th & 10th graders being needed for varsity. The instability the last 3 years has an impact on upper class numbers.

You know BigO, you made it personal with me when you called into question my intelligence in front of all on here, and then called me a " sheep who follows" I believe is was what you said. I never made it personal with you, all I did was make a general statement about not asking for, or demanding respect.

I never called you out by name. I have not attacked Abingdon or it's players and I think most on here that have read my many posts over the years and even the fans that don't like Richlands knows that I try to stay away from that, and try to always give a positive post. I have had a little fun with the other 2 Abingdon fans on here that we all know, but I think even they would say that what I do with them is more along the lines of fun and I never cross that line.

Don't make it personal on here with me, if you don't like what I have said that is fine, but don't attack my intelligence and call me anything but by my screen name. You know nothing about my educational background or the scores to any IQ test I may have taken.

If you want to get personal with me, I will be more than glad to meet up with you and we can have a nice face to face conversation. I am in Abingdon several times a month and can meet anywhere at anytime.

Now, how about we keep this nice and civil and keep it to football from now on. You have every right to disagree or to not like what I have said, but I will not put up with a personal attack when I made no such action against you !!

Edited by Bigrhsfan

If I singled you out, my apologies. Please keep in mind that you don't know me either. Don't bite off more than you can chew. Yes, I would prefer to keep it to football...as long as we all do.

Wasn't at either game, but will agree with BaronDawg re. TMS & THS JV. TMS has 6th & 7th graders playing against 8th graders, and the JV is depleted because of 9th & 10th graders being needed for varsity. The instability the last 3 years has an impact on upper class numbers.

I'm sure it has to have an affect on the numbers and who goes out, but I am hoping that this new coach get's a chance to stay and get his system in place.

Even though some of us disagree once in a while from all the Tazewell co schools, i truly think that having all 3 strong is good for our area and makes for some good Friday night football !

I look forward to seeing Graham, Tazewell, and of course Richlands having some good hard nosed slobber knocker Friday night games and all 3 in the playoff's again soon !

I need you Big O, Southy needs ya, and so do the Falcons. Its about time we have some back up on here. This board is laced with tremendous hatred toward Abingdon and they can't handle the truth and stubbornness Southy and I display. You see, when I first joined I came out like a lamb and quickly learned how Marion, Richlands, and pretty much everyone disliked the Falcons. So much so, Southy and I teamed up to defend our town and our school. With one keystroke at a time, I think we brought attention to the fact that we don't have to take it. Our folks have noticed the hard effort and applaud them. Why at this year's Highlands Festival I heard an old man saying good things about 2 people: Falconman and Southbound. I almost introduced myself but ended up getting pulled away from the boothe to get a fake tatoo with my girl (long story). But the only way to deal with bullies is to give it right back to them.

This board can't handle the fact that we dominated every sport last year except for football; and now, that football is on the rise, they are about to die. In two years, the only talk on here will be how the Falcons won and I will say I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!