Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Ohhhh I have heard of it. My only comment is one of shock and horror that it would be played on a channel called THE LEARNING CHANNEL. Maybe this is a sign of the apocalypse: Something called the Learning Channel is making America more and more dumb with every 30 minute show they play.

I just thank heavens they are from GA. Country folks sure do come off looking ignorant and foolish on these shows. They perpetuate a stereotype that I find offensive.

That is why I do not watch them.

Ohhhh I have heard of it. My only comment is one of shock and horror that it would be played on a channel called THE LEARNING CHANNEL. Maybe this is a sign of the apocalypse: Something called the Learning Channel is making America more and more dumb with every 30 minute show they play.

Up next: Bitch and Cheater + 8.

Edit: I lived about 30 minutes from where this family originally settled. I'm being kind with that description. Trust me.

Edited by UVAObserver

They perpetuate a stereotype that I find offensive.

I understand, but folks like that and the Whites of West Virginia do exist and we see them everyday. I can't go in Walmart without seeing at least one example....

I saw 5 minutes of it last night when I was going to bed. My wife was watching it. UVAObserver, you took the words right out of my mouth!!!!

I saw a little more than 5 minutes of it before I begged to turn it off. My wife was flipping through the channels, and I said to her "what the Hell is this Honey Boo Boo"? She says, "Good Lord, you have to watch this, it's unlike anything you've ever seen, and not in a good way."

She was right.

Look at all the garbage that TLC has put on air over the last few years. In 2006 their parent company, Discover Communications, hired a new CEO & President by the name of David Zaslav. He was a former executive with NBC Universal. No wonder TLC's programming has gone the way of shock and garbage.

I will also add that NBC Universal has almost completely ruined The Weather Channel since they bought it. I can't even see what's going on weather wise in the evening for hours because there is some show about a photographer from Australia, Storm Stories, Real Life Coast Guard, or something else stupid that has no business anywhere but on Nat Geo.

Edited by bhs7695

Look at all the garbage that TLC has put on air over the last few years. In 2006 their parent company, Discover Communications, hired a new CEO & President by the name of David Zaslav. He was a former executive with NBC Universal. No wonder TLC's programming has gone the way of shock and garbage.

I will also add that NBC Universal has almost completely ruined The Weather Channel since they bought it. I can't even see what's going on weather wise in the evening for hours because there is some show about a photographer from Australia, Storm Stories, Real Life Coast Guard, or something else stupid that has no business anywhere but on Nat Geo.

^ This

That's why you have...me...:D

So THAT is what happened to TLC and The Weather Channel.

What's happened to The Weather Channel is sad. It markets the Hell out of that annoying butterface Stephanie Abrams, while all but completely ignoring the contributions of people who actually know weather, like Greg Forbes, Stu Ostro, and Bryan Norcross. In fact, besides getting the 10-day forecast online, I don't even watch TWC anymore. I just casually browse the site, stopping only for things written by one of the three above or one of the rare weather comparison studies.

I watched it one time and then was ashamed I watch it that much ! It seems that TV ( not all, but most ) is always looking for a way to make us here in the south and especially the app. mountains ( I know they are from Ga ) look about as dumb and ignorant as they possibly can. I think the rest of the country get's a kick laughing at us and making fun at our expense !

It seems that TV ( not all, but most ) is always looking for a way to make us here in the south and especially the app. mountains ( I know they are from Ga ) look about as dumb and ignorant as they possibly can. I think the rest of the country get's a kick laughing at us and making fun at our expense !

Sadly, they do not have to try too hard. Just checkout the political board and you will know exactly what I'm talking about.