Congratulations Richlands

CPF

Your team was a little bigger,and a little stronger tonight. You guys have a good team, I wish you luck the rest of the way. Like I said, no excuses. Our day will come its just not today.

If this game played over and over, the outcome would probably be the same until Graham adjusts some pass coverage. I call the ground game between the two fairly even. The problem I saw was that Richlands was able to execute their passing game like they practiced it. Graham was gettting through the line, but the ball was often gone. Perhaps they would have fared better if they had jammed the receivers a little at the line to disrupt the timing. Some 2 deep safety could have helped here as well. Graham handled the size difference very well, and played very tough. They have nothing to be ashamed of with this game. There were so many great efforts by the G-Men, but I give a big nod to Jennings. The kid seems to really lay his heart out there.

The G-Men played very tough but were just a little outmatched size wise. If the G-Men could ever learn to cut down on the penalties they could win a lot of games. If they continue to have the penalties they may lose a few games they shouldn't. I was very proud of the way Graham competed tonight. This program has come a long way!

FWIW....I thought Baker played very well and handled the pressure well also. Congrats to Richlands and good luck the rest of the year!

Penalties were excessive for sure. But think about all the penalties called on line of scrimmage infractions when Richlands had the ball. Those penalties were a product of the battle that was going on there. Graham was beating Richlands to the gaps and penetrating. Those penalties were coming when Richlands changed a cadence to catch Graham jumping at the holes. The Richlands penalties were coming from them trying to close the holes, and because the running back was creeping up and leaning forward on many plays.

Great game tonight. Both teams handled themselves well. It got a little chippy there for a few minutes, but overall a good, clean, hard fought game. I give the Geaham players a big nod for not trying to take any cheap-shots at Baker.

I was talking to UVAO on the way home and I told him next year, you guys should be favorites in the MED. I truly believe that. Penalties Killed you guys. But, then again, thy killed us oo. Also, turnovers are killing us. And it's not INTs. If we don't clean up the flags and the fumbles, it could be a long night in Pulaski next week.

Anyways, good luck the rest of the way to the G-Men. I will be pulling for you guys.

Edited by Ryan4VT

Thanks for the kind words guys. You all earned and deserve a lot of respect. A huge difference in the G Men. I hope you guys win the rest of them. Things are for sure looking up for you all. Richlands was expecting a much improved team but not as much as we found. We wish you all the best the rest of the year. Keep playing physical and hard nose football. Very proud of both teams.

I agree with Ryan in his statement about cheap shots, i thought it was for the most part clean and very physical both ways. Once again good luck!

As always I listened online. Congrats to both teams. It sounded like a scrappy game from start to finish. Penalties! My gosh, it seemed like after every other play in the first half drew a flag. That was frustrating. It sounded like both teams were undisciplined as far as the penalties are concerned. Very physical game, and I'm sure the smack talk during the week before the game contributed to the penalties, but if the Blues don't clean that up this week it will be a long Friday night vs Pulaski.

Once again, congrats to both teams.

Penalties is gonna cost both Richlands and Graham in the future if they don't get it fixed. Personally I thought that was the worst that we have looked on offense this year, looked 10 times better last week. We looked very sluggish, dropped several passes (TD passes at that), fumbles,penalites............This seaon especially last night Richlands beats themselves............like Mance said after the game, can't keep leaving points on the field it will catch up to you real quick (hence Pulaski)..............I feel the last 2 weeks we have left a total of 28 points on the board. We will take it, its a W.

Congrats to the Gmen on a hard fought game ! Like everyone else on here has stated already the penalties for both sides were just terrible. I wish I could say it was a result of the trash talk between the 2 and the Co. rivalry thing, but it has been like that in all 3 games for the blues so far and from what I have heard, from Graham also.

I will say though that it sounded like the blues did clean it up some in the 2nd half. But will need to cut wayyyyyyy down on them and the turnovers to have a chance at Pulaski next week.

I want to give Coach Williams and the kids a thumbs up for Graham, he has them heading in the right direction and are going to be a handful for anybody this year and in the future ! You guys were right about them bringing the lumber, from what I could gather on the radio, it was a hard hitting game on both sides !

GOOD luck the rest of the year and in the playoffs ( hopefully ! )

I though Baker did a good job last night with everything he was dealing with going back to Bluefield and I think he has a bright future at QB. He has some good skills.

We also need Ben Brown back if for nothing else then for our kicking game ! The missed extra point tries and not having the field goal as a weapon when you are in the red zone hurts ! I did think the kid that did the punting last night did a good job, but we need our kicker back. He also is a heck of a DB. They said there might be a slight chance that Ben could be back for next week, but only as a kicker, not as QB or DB, and it is only a slight chance at that.........but i hope so !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Great game tonight. Both teams handled themselves well. It got a little chippy there for a few minutes, but overall a good, clean, hard fought game. I give the Geaham players a big nod for not trying to take any cheap-shots at Baker.

I was talking to UVAO on the way home and I told him next year, you guys should be favorites in the MED. I truly believe that. Penalties Killed you guys. But, then again, thy killed us oo. Also, turnovers are killing us. And it's not INTs. If we don't clean up the flags and the fumbles, it could be a long night in Pulaski next week.

Anyways, good luck the rest of the way to the G-Men. I will be pulling for you guys.

I hope Graham can perform in the MED as Graham has done thus far. Penalties aside, of course.

Richlands, even with all the mistakes, showed why they're the gold standard west of Roanoke for football. They just win, regardless of the circumstances. Congrats, Blue.

They said there might be a slight chance that Ben could be back for next week, but only as a kicker, not as QB or DB, and it is only a slight chance at that.........but i hope so !

Barring any kind of major setback, Ben will be back to kicking only next week. And I will never have been so excited in my life. Not having any semblence of a kicking game will make you realize just how good we have had it in the kicking dept. the past 10 years or so. McCall, Fujardo (sp), Strong, Brown. We've had it made.

Barring any kind of major setback, Ben will be back to kicking only next week. And I will never have been so excited in my life. Not having any semblence of a kicking game will make you realize just how good we have had it in the kicking dept. the past 10 years or so. McCall, Fujardo (sp), Strong, Brown. We've had it made.

Well that sure sounds good ! You are right, you just don't know how important a good kicker can be to a good team until you no longer have one !

It hurts in so many ways. It takes away a major weapon when you have a kid with a " strong " leg ( couldn't help myself with the strong reference ). Ben has a very good leg and is accurate from the 35 in and has hit one from I believe 55 yards out in practice. I know that's in practice, but it does show his leg strength !

We have been very blessed with very good to great kickers in the past !

Ryan, I think we need to recruit some kickers and band members--LOL

Seriously, seeing the numbers now in the band and how big it use to be a few years back, it just doesn't seem the same.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Seriously, seeing the numbers now in the band and how big it use to be a few years back, it just doesn't seem the same.

I know! From 124 my freshman year (04-05) to the 45ish now, it's pathetic.

The lineman kicking off was really pounding it though. As for the Richlands band, their show was surreal. My wife said the flag girls looked like the girl on the Wendy's sign, and the dance while interesting had nothing to do with the baseball theme.

As for the penalties for Graham, I think some of those neutral zone infractions were a direct result of players getting antsy from being in their stances so long because of the no huddle.

You would think there would be some kind of plan to get cars out of the parking lot??

I was in the press box til nearly 10:45p and when we left, we still had to wait in a line to get out of the lot! I couldn't believe it. I thought there must have been something going on in City Park that caused delays that late.

I was in the press box til nearly 10:45p and when we left, we still had to wait in a line to get out of the lot! I couldn't believe it. I thought there must have been something going on in City Park that caused delays that late.

I wound up locking my keys in my car and had to wait until almost 11:15 to have someone come unlock it for me. I swear, the Graham Beaver traffic was better!