FB UPDATES Friday 9-l4-2012

trublue

That's exactly what was said on the radio. If it was a dead ball foul after the td then the score stands. I didn't get to see it but that's what i heard and understood.

Both teams had bunches of flags.

Congrats to Pluaski on a good win and good luck the rest of the year.

Now it's time to start a new win streak !

Richlands showed a lot of heart and came out fighting in the 2nd half...against a very good Pulaski County team. They should hold their heads high. I'll be interested to see how PC ends up in the River Ridge this year. I would imagine they'll be up near the top of a very competitive district.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Richlands showed a lot of heart and came out fighting in the 2nd half...against a very good Pulaski County team. They should hold their heads high. I'll be interested to see how PC ends up in the River Ridge this year. I would imagine they'll be up near the top of a very competitive district.

Thanks, appreciate the comment. Pulaski does have a very good team and a game like this will help the blues as the season moves on.

It should make the blues hungry again.

With pulaski's line and running game, they have a chance to make a good run into the playoffs.

Wasn't there, so I don't know...Radio announcers were saying both flags were for excessive celebration....one in the endzone...the other around midfield. If the one at midfield was a personal foul, before the runner crossed the goal line, then the TD wouldn't stand..... If the personal foul occcurred after he crossed the goal line, then it's a TD.

Interesting. I knew this rule existed in some states, but I wasn't sure whether or not it was used in the VHSL. A personal foul was called tonight for excessive celebration and was clearly before the ball crossed the goal line (by the ball carrier at the 10 yard line). The TD stood, so I just assumed it wasn't in the VHSL rulebook.

Don't get me wrong...No excuses. Kid made a helluva play, and GW was simply outplayed tonight. If it so happens the refs blew the call, it still didn't mean that it cost GW the game. There was still plenty of time on the clock, and Floyd still had timeouts left. It doesn't mean we couldn't have stopped them, either lol

We were in a bees nest..funny how that play clock stopped working..as I've said..the vhsl does a poor job with the refs in this area..they aren't consist..but our defense has to play all four ..not two..I hope we can get back to where we were..3-1 is a good start but should be 4-0 and lookin sharp..right now we look vulnerable on defense. we just seem flat atimes..we have a very good team,just gotta get our head back on straight

A personal foul was called tonight for excessive celebration and was clearly before the ball crossed the goal line (by the ball carrier at the 10 yard line). The TD stood, so I just assumed it wasn't in the VHSL rulebook.

I thought excessive celebration would be considered "unsportsmanlike conduct", not "personal foul"....

I thought excessive celebration would be considered "unsportsmanlike conduct", not "personal foul"....

Showboating is unsportsmanlike and the offended team has the choice to enforce the penalty on the try or the kickoff. This was enforced correctly.

College has a rule where the touchdown can be taken away and the penalty is enforced at the point of the UC, but this isn't college.

Showboating is unsportsmanlike and the offended team has the choice to enforce the penalty on the try or the kickoff. This was enforced correctly.

College has a rule where the touchdown can be taken away and the penalty is enforced at the point of the UC, but this isn't college.

Thanks for the clarification. I knew it was a college rule, and I'm fairly certain the rule in place in many states on the high school level. I wasn't sure whether or not the VHSL used it.