Richlands 2013 Football Schedule

Ryan4VT

Here is the 100% official RHS schedule for next year.

Scrimmage TBD (most likely George Wythe)

Benefit Game- Aug. 23rd At Honaker

Aug. 30th Gate City

Sept. 6 at Union

Sept. 13 Graham

Sept. 20 at Lord Botetourt (JV game to be played before the varsity game)

Sept. 27 Va. High

Oct. 4 at Bluefield

Oct. 11 at Tazewell

Oct. 18 open

Oct. 25 Abingdon

Nov. 1 at Lebanon

Nov. 8 Grundy

There ya have it.

Aug. 30th Gate City

Sept. 6 at Union

Sept. 13 Graham

Sept. 27 Va. High

Oct. 4 at Bluefield

Oct. 11 at Tazewell

Oct. 18 open

Oct. 25 Abingdon

Nov. 1 at Lebanon

Nov. 8 Grundy

There ya have it.

glad to see Marion not on there

Aug. 30th Gate City

Sept. 6 at Union

Sept. 13 Graham

Sept. 27 Va. High

Oct. 4 at Bluefield

Oct. 11 at Tazewell

Oct. 18 open

Oct. 25 Abingdon

Nov. 1 at Lebanon

Nov. 8 Grundy

There ya have it.

Gee-whiz!!!! Another paper mache schedule......I believe this one looks weaker than this years!!!! Maybe we can contact Mountain Mission and see if they have an opening.

The thing i like about this schedule is you don't have 4 road games out of the first 5 games played. There is going to be some good competition on the schedule for the division we will be playing in next year. I'm glad to see Bluefield back on the schedule.

Gee-whiz!!!! Another paper mache schedule......I believe this one looks weaker than this years!!!! Maybe we can contact Mountain Mission and see if they have an opening.

Look at the division we will play in next year. Graham, John Battle, Union, Giles, Ft. Chiswell, Gate City. Our schedule is set up nicely for the competition we will see in the playoffs. No more Cave Spring, Brookville, etc....

We play 2 bigger schools in Abingdon (3A), Botetourt (3/4A), Bluefield, and Lebanon (A). The rest are all AA schools. Which is what we are. I love this schedule.

Edited by Ryan4VT

nah not really........ blues win easily I think I will stay home and watch the braves

I am thinking about staying home and watching my O's in their first playoff's since 97. may only be one game, but when you wait that long.......you'll take what you can get....LOL !

I like the schedule especially with Bluefield back on. They are a great program that will help prepare us and we will help them. Big gate, and great atmosphere, really a win win with that one.

I also like seeing Grundy back on too, mostly for old time's sake. But i am not crazy about the travel to Lord Botetourt. But at least it's mostly up 81 and not like going to Franklin Co, plus should be little better game.

There are some really good programs in there and some traditional teams we have played..........not a bad schedule in my opinion.

What the hell is our AD (Coach Reed) thinking scheduling them. If we're going to have any chance of having a winning record like Battle, we need to schedule easy schools like they do

What the hell is our AD (Coach Reed) thinking scheduling them. If we're going to have any chance of having a winning record like Battle, we need to schedule easy schools like they do

You get better by playing better competition. I'm happy for John Battle this season but I think they may suffer a bit when they do play a quality team.

I would say the gate would at least have a little to do with it. It's just a short hop over to Bristol, Richlands will bring a lot of fans to that game. And with it being on Bristol, it will draw some others who may not go, just to go eat and shop before the game. Probably a smart move money-wise for you guys.

Don't think that dropping to D-2 next year will be easier come playoff time..l. There are some very stout teams in D-2 on both sides of the state.... More quality teams in D-2, then in D-3, IMO. It'll be good for Richlands to drop down in classification...actually be a step up in competition come playoff time....and they won't be criticized for scheduling single A teams anymore.

Don't think that dropping to D-2 next year will be easier come playoff time..l. There are some very stout teams in D-2 on both sides of the state.... As good as D-3, IMO.

Agreed. I was just saying that we don't need to play Pulaski, Salem, C'Burg, etc... to get ratings points anymore. I like what we have, a nice AA heavy schedule.

Don't think that dropping to D-2 next year will be easier come playoff time..l. There are some very stout teams in D-2 on both sides of the state.... More quality teams in D-2, then in D-3, IMO. It'll be good for Richlands to drop down in classification...actually be a step up in competition come playoff time....and they won't be criticized for scheduling single A teams anymore.

I agree with this ^. I don't think anybody over here that knows and follows football at all will think the playoffs will be any easier. They're some great teams in AA D3, but not nearly as deep as it is in D2.

I think a few Grundy folks will be surprised at who is on the schedule for us next year...at least what i've heard so far.

Based on our past schedules, it won't be that easy for me. Pretty much needs to be either River View, Mingo Central, Harlan Co., or Belfry.