rules you would like to see changed...

Lance

what rules would you like to see changed?

I'd like to see:

-pass interference changed to a spot foul (or) + 15

-knee down on kick off not automatic dead ball...hate to see a kid reach for a ball and have a knee touch and get ruled down...it's a stupid rule.

-would like to see the end zone made live on kick offs, as it is now as soon as the ball hits the goal line it's dead.

-less "official" time outs...if a kid has equipment issues then get him off the field...get tired of watching them give kids all day to fix the same stuff over and over again.

-OT changed to be more like a 5th QTR with sudden death. A few years ago Grundy played Va High and Va High didn't get across mid field until OT when they were given the ball in the red zone. I don't see why you play a game one way for 48 minutes then change the rules and the game just because the score is tied.

I'd like to see:

-knee down on kick off not automatic dead ball...hate to see a kid reach for a ball and have a knee touch and get ruled down...it's a stupid rule.

-would like to see the end zone made live on kick offs, as it is now as soon as the ball hits the goal line it's dead.

-less "official" time outs...if a kid has equipment issues then get him off the field...get tired of watching them give kids all day to fix the same stuff over and over again.

-OT changed to be more like a 5th QTR with sudden death. A few years ago Grundy played Va High and Va High didn't get across mid field until OT when they were given the ball in the red zone. I don't see why you play a game one way for 48 minutes then change the rules and the game just because the score is tied.

I agree with all those but the last one. I love the OT setup as is. If it was to change, what the NFL did is good. If a team kicks a FG on it's first possession, the other teams gets one shot.

I hate sudden death OT. Both teams need a chance to have the ball (I still don't like that you can score a TD first in OT in the NFL and win without the other team getting a shot, but at least they changed that about kicking a field goal). Only thing I would change about OT is not placing the ball on the 10 yard line. Put the thing farther back (at least on the 20-25 yard line). Heck, they could even play it like a whole other quarter (but maybe make it a lot shorter).

I hate sudden death OT. Both teams need a chance to have the ball (I still don't like that you can score a TD first in OT in the NFL and win without the other team getting a shot, but at least they changed that about kicking a field goal). Only thing I would change about OT is not placing the ball on the 10 yard line. Put the thing farther back (at least on the 20-25 yard line). Heck, they could even play it like a whole other quarter (but maybe make it a lot shorter).

i'd be cool with a 5th Q of 6:00...i think that would be interesting.

I'd like to see:

I know its subjective but I would like to see them add "uncatchable" to the pass interference rules in high school. Way too often a pass interference call is made on a ball that is thrown to mom sitting in row C, seat 13.

I know its subjective but I would like to see them add "uncatchable" to the pass interference rules in high school. Way too often a pass interference call is made on a ball that is thrown to mom sitting in row C, seat 13.

i agree...if its anywhere close it would have to be called though...but some are kinda out there.

i'd be cool with a 5th Q of 6:00...i think that would be interesting.

Both of these would be nice.

I'd like to see:

OT. I like the current format, but not giving the ball at the 10. Would prefer to see it at the 25. Make the teams work harder for it.

As for the endzone being dead, I thought it used to be live in either WV or VA like 20+ years ago. Made for different rules for Bluefield-Graham depending on that year's home team.

I remember seeing a kid for Bluefield, in a state championship game, have a complete mental shutdown...kickoff went past him, laid there around the 5. It's like the kid thought it was a punt, he got away from it. Think this was against Mussleman. And even the Mussleman kids went down and "downed" the kickoff, and it became their ball, first and goal.

i grew up watching the 5th Q sudden death OT in the NFL...loved it...yeah, the coin toss played a big part and lots of times decided the winner since you only needed a FG, but there was just something really cool about the sudden death OT...your fate hinged on every play.

I would like to see a rule change due to field goals, if a team try's a field goal and misses it, then the ball goes to the 20 yard line, well if their trying a 40 or more yards field goal and miss then your defense is still losing the field position it has gained!

I would like to see a rule change due to field goals, if a team try's a field goal and misses it, then the ball goes to the 20 yard line, well if their trying a 40 or more yards field goal and miss then your defense is still losing the field position it has gained!

i agree on that one as well...you are almost better off trying a 60 yd fg than punting LOL.

I would rather see the NFL and College game go to the high school rules on everything.

Why should a NFL DB get punished for decent coverage only to get a flag for Pass Interfence and a 40 yard gain.

Make it +15 and 1st down

All overtimes should be 1st and 10 from the 20 and play until someone wins.

No automatic going for 2 on the 3rd attempt.

I would rather see the NFL and College game go to the high school rules on everything.

Why should a NFL DB get punished for decent coverage only to get a flag for Pass Interfence and a 40 yard gain.

Make it +15 and 1st down

because if its a 40 yard pass you get flagged on, then you should get the yards you would have gotten with a completed pass...under these rules there should never be a completed pass over 15 yards, better off just jacking up the WR and take the penalty if the pass is going to be completed. As it is now in HS, unless you just get blown by and can't catch the WR, a DB should never let a pass of 20+ yards be completed...in most situations, you really have nothing to lose if it's close by going for it and taking the WR out.

Another excellent suggestion. I never understood this one. You are almost rewarding the offense for missing a field goal.

What's even better is If the FG is short of the goalline and the kicking team downs it, its like a punt.

So why not just line up and try a FG from anywhere on the field, you have nothing to lose as the kicking team.