Best players in SWVA ...

wave316

Please list in your opinion the top running backs in SWVA ...

Gavan Meade of Clintwood is on track to rush for 2,000 yds this yr...think he had over 1800 yds last yr.... Last yr..Devon Johnson of Richlands was the best RB hands down...Is there any out there like him this yr?

Cody Rogers has to have 600-700 yards rushing already. He ran for 150ish at Gate City this past Friday. He's not the power back like Meade, but if you give him a half inch of daylight...he's gone.

people fail to realize that Meade has power AND speed. he can run over you or he can outrun you. he's deceiving because he glides, no wasted motion. contrary to popular opinion, over the last few years Clintwood has had very good team speed and quickness on both sides of the ball.

Oh no, I wasnt saying that Meade doesnt have speed. He's got speed to go with his power. Cody Rogers has been clocked multiple times between the mid 4.5's and low 4.6s in the 40.

Combine that with his agility and he's a whole different type of back than Meade. Meade has speed to go with his power...but he's not as fast as Cody Rogers. Not many people in this area are.

Not slighting Meade at all. Just different types of backs. I do agree though that people dont realize Meade's speed. I noticed it last year during the state game. He can run.

Peoples, take a pick both are outstanding!

Donte Peoples has 1,135 yards rushing on 142 carries and 18 touchdowns through 6 games. That is an 8 yards per carry clip and 189 yards per game average.

Imo Meade isint a powerful runner, he is a grinder. Hes no t gonna run thru people and I havent seen him run anyone over(like Robbie Mullins does) not that he wont lay a lick but Meade is very smart, very patient and when a crease opens up hes gone! He sorta stays with it and picks and choses his moves very carefully. I will admit last year I gave all the credit to the Oline/FB but I know against Haysi this year he made some plays that no one in the region could make, he has great vision.

Imo Meade isint a powerful runner, he is a grinder. Hes no t gonna run thru people and I havent seen him run anyone over(like Robbie Mullins does) not that he wont lay a lick but Meade is very smart, very patient and when a crease opens up hes gone! He sorta stays with it and picks and choses his moves very carefully. I will admit last year I gave all the credit to the Oline/FB but I know against Haysi this year he made some plays that no one in the region could make, he has great vision.

i agree with my friend from haysi, gavin is not an austin dotson, but he is a smart one.....good at pickin his lane .i have seen him run over a few,, and he does have some after burners....when he needs them...........

This is very interesting, when juxtaposed with the other thread that was locked...

Mmhmm. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it all out. (I mean, hell, even a lawyer can do it ;) )

Guest king kone

When certain players are injured it is hard for a team to overcome them. This one is a monumental one...