The Backyard Brawl

Ryan4VT

I'm proud to see the Tazewell kids playing so well now and getting those 2 wins and have been pulling for them every week, but now they play my beloved Blues, so no more pulling for the bulldogs........at least this week.

I think the dogs will ride a wave of emotion into Ernie next week and be very confident ( as they should be ) and will play the blues tough for a while, but I think the blues will pull away in the 2nd half and wear them down and win the game. But.......it could be a little closer than some think.

35 to 17 blues.........if it doesn't get snowed out......lol.

I have heard a couple of reports that say we could get as much as 30 to 40 inches of snow Tuesday depending on where Sandy comes in at...........man i hope that 30" to 40" is wayyyyyyyyy over blown ! I just hope she keeps going north.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not too sure about the dogs losing it in the end. That is where they really seem to be playing the best is after half time. Especially in the 4th quarter. If they can keep the blues within reach by halftime im looking for a good game the rest of the second half.

Who will be the key players in this game? On both teams?

It's just BD52 being himself. Nothing against him. He's just literally the worlds largest Richlands hater. Where as most of us RHS fans pull for Tazewell 9 of the 10 weeks, he wants us to lose by 200 every night. That's all. Lol

@Ryan Yeah it's me! The one sitting in your guys stands in the playoff games with my Bulldogs attire on! With everyone screaming sit down Sheets.... Now to the other ones who have replied to my statements, I know Tazewell would have to bring their A game to win.... But I accomplished what I wanted to here!

@Ryan Yeah it's me! The one sitting in your guys stands in the playoff games with my Bulldogs attire on! With everyone screaming sit down Sheets.... Now to the other ones who have replied to my statements, I know Tazewell would have to bring their A game to win.... But I accomplished what I wanted to here!

Were they telling you to sit down because you were pulling so hard for Cave Spring?? ;) haha

LOL! You honestly should set your goals a little higher.

LOL! You honestly should set your goals a little higher.

Yeah thanks! I will consider that! Douche! lol

Classy. Now you're name-calling like an eighth grader. I'm not surprised. You shouldn't let a discussion about high school football "get under your skin".

Edited by blueinbama

Before Baker got hurt I would say this game was a blowout, now I see this game possibly closer than everyone thinks. Since Baker we don't have the explosive ability on offense, just grind it out and play good defense (more of a 3yd and cloud of dust deal), but hey a W is a W.

Before Baker got hurt I would say this game was a blowout, now I see this game possibly closer than everyone thinks. Since Baker we don't have the explosive ability on offense, just grind it out and play good defense (more of a 3yd and cloud of dust deal), but hey a W is a W.

Hey Chump, wondered when you where gonna jump in this thread!

There will be plenty of explosion. Most people dont have any idea what problems this team has had to deal with. Its much better after a week off. I fully expect them to score forty or more this game.

One thing about this team that has been different in the past is they have had to play and battle in the second half. They will be much better prepared this year i think. Its seems for the past three years or so they peak a game or two early. That is obviously not the case this year.

Its true we are a better team with Baker in there but we still are capable of putting a bunch of points on the score board. Lets just hope we can peak at the right time this year. Ben has been battling with his back for over a month but is doing much better this week. Anybody that has watched Ben play knows he can run this offense effectively. It was obvious the past two weeks that he just couldn't do it. It was his back.

This bye week will prove to be a much needed one and the Blues will come out and look like the team we are used to fielding.

28-17 blues...hearing ALOT of smack and a little bit of over confidence from both sides. Emotion for the first quater, alot of pushing and shoving then the most disciplined team will come out on top.

28-17 blues...hearing ALOT of smack and a little bit of over confidence from both sides. Emotion for the first quater, alot of pushing and shoving then the most disciplined team will come out on top.

if your referring to the smack on here, then it's not from players... but on the other hand that's what you get from a cross county rival! which is what makes it more exciting!

My prediction: #8 for richlands has atleast one 15 yard penalty.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T---I have for the Blues!!!

R-E-S-P-E-C-T---I have for the Dawgs!!!

Please keep this about the teams and not a player--

Life has many choices---eternity two

If it's a close game then I bet there will be lots of 15 yards penalty's!

The way Richlands and Graham played with penalties and Tazewell Graham penalties, might see a new record set for them from both sides!

Tazewell really thinks that they have a shot at beating Richlands. They won't lay down and let Richlands walk all over them. I think in the end Tazewell will have to play a flawless game and have some help from Richlands to pull the upset. Turnovers have hurt us all year.

Tazewell really thinks that they have a shot at beating Richlands. They won't lay down and let Richlands walk all over them. I think in the end Tazewell will have to play a flawless game and have some help from Richlands to pull the upset. Turnovers have hurt us all year.

If you take the turnover factor away, there are probably at least two other games that could have been wins.

Richlands also thinks Tazewell has a shot at winning, and the players know it will take a four quarter effort. This game is actually regaining the feel of a true rivalry. I love it!

It's official. Game is Saturday at 1:30 pm. Safety issue for the fans is the reason, below freezing temps at kickof plus 7 inches of show and ice on the bleachers. Hope this leads to a huge turnout since the temps will be up!!!!

Edited by Ryan4VT