Prayer request of my own

All sarcasm and goofiness completely aside now....

We just found out that my youngest son's best friend has been diagnosed with leukemia. He is 5 years old.

I wish to respect the family's privacy, but I'd appreciate it if those of you who pray could lift him up. God knows him.

Thanks.

Will pray for this little one--daily. Believing for God's best for him, wisdom for the doctors and strength for the parents.

I have a prayer list (I call my babies) who are children with cancer which I pray for daily. I have never met them (with the exception of one), but through others have been made aware of their illness.

God truly works in mysterious ways at times--one little fella I had been praying for some time, I met by "God chance," at an arena where my grandchild was having her birthday party.

I was taking my granddaughter to the bathroom and passed this young father carrying a small child. You could tell by the young boy's appearance he was battling cancer.

I started to pass by, but I was prompted to stop. I asked the Dad what the little fella's name was and that I would put him on my prayer list. The Dad told me his son's first name-when he said that, I said is his last name _____. He looked at me oddly and said yes. I told him that I had been praying for his son for quite a while. The Mom then proceeded to tell me that they had meant to come to this place the day before, but the little one wasn't up to it. Well, she knew and I knew that God's wanted our paths to cross, as encouragement for them and confirmation to me that prayer does work.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Edited by tbgfan

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

The young man has begun his treatment, so we're very early in the process. But the prognosis looks very good right now. He has the type of leukemia that is most common (and thus most responsive to treatment), which is a blessing. But the cure itself is also pretty brutal.

Continued prayers will be greatly appreciated.