Luck vs RGIII: Halfway Point

Ryan4VT

Who is the better QB thus far?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better QB thus far?

We had a pretty good discussion after the draft on who would be better. Now, we are at the halfway point and let's see how they compare:

Luck:

8 GP

190-336

56.5% completion percentage

2,404 yards

7.2 avg

10 TDs

8 INTs

19 Sacked

79.0 Passer Rating

27 rush attempts

148 rush yards

3 Rush TDs

6 Fumbles (3 lost)

Team Record 5-3

RGIII:

9 GP

172-262

65.6% completion percentage

1,993 yards

7.6 avg

8 TD

3 Int

20 Sacked

93.9 Passer Rating

81 rush attempts

529 rush yards

6 Rush TDs

8 fumbles (2 lost)

Team Record: 3-6

So, discuss. Who is the better QB at the halfway point???

The only numbers that matter to me is the wins and losses. Luck has more wins so imo he is the better QB at this point.

That is what I go by as well. Neither team is "great" when you look at them. And they both have gotten more wins than their predecesors would have. But I give the slight edge to Luck. Less games. Better stats. More wins.

Andrew Luck is the better QB at this point, IMO. More wins than RGIII, plus a win over Green Bay. Drafting Luck instead of keeping Peyton is looking to be a really good decision as the weeks go by. It's just really nice as a Colts fan that we're 5-3 at this point. Now, our priority now is to get some defense via trade or the draft.

Andrew Luck is the better QB at this point, IMO. More wins than RGIII, plus a win over Green Bay. Drafting Luck instead of keeping Peyton is looking to be a really good decision as the weeks go by. It's just really nice as a Colts fan that we're 5-3 at this point. Now, our priority now is to get some defense via trade or the draft.

Need some D and a nice stand out RB and we will be ok next year.

Depends on what kind of offense you are running...

QB's like RGIII and Vick have to be turned loose...and they are high risk for injury.

Luck is going to be a pocket passer that lets the WR's do all the running work on pass plays....if he masters it then he'll be around for 20 years or so...if he stinks it up he'll end up like David Carr.

at this point, they are both still rookies and I think RG3 benefits from that a little more...the NFL defensive minds are brilliant...once they figure out something he reacts a certain way to every time with consistency then they will eat him alive.

If winning ball games were all being a QB was about, Tim Tebow would be an All-Pro and not a bench warmer.

Just my thoughts.

I'm not a fan of either team, but I would say this conversation would be different if the Skins were healthier at RB.

Running Back? Really? They have the leading rusher or maybe second in total yards! The skins problem is the defense! If we didn't have so many injuries on the defensive side of the ball the skins could easily be 6-3 or 7-2....

Going by that logic, Daunte Culpepper is a Top 5 QB all-time...

The goal is to win. Doesn't matter to me if they have 10 yards passing are 500. As long as they are winning they are doing their job. So to me whoever has the highest winning % in history is the best QB.

Andrew Luck > RG. The redskins are more talented than the colts. Lets not forget that the colts CLEANED HOUSE to start a rebuilding project. Noone thought they'd be anywhere close to 5-3 at this point. The Skins however...are in year 3 of the Shannahan project and are supposed to have one of the better defenses in the league..... rebuilt the reciever position, have very good TE's. I'm not a fan of either team.....infact I'm a Bills fan. You know, the team that payed 100 million dollars to Albert Haynesworth 2.0. (Mario Williams)

RG3!!! First off, the Redskins have had a tougher schedule than the Colts with their opponents with a combined record of (39-35) while the Colts opponents have the record of (31-37).

RG3 is leading all quarterbacks in rushing yards, touchdowns, average ypc, and rushes for 1st downs.

I'll give you that Luck is not a running quarterback but RG3 is beating him in all passing stats except yards and touchdowns but makes up for it with his 8 rushing touchdowns and 529 rushing yards.

Now the record is the easiest part. If it wasn't for Josh Morgan's unsportsmanlike conduct in the Rams game, RG3 could have driven them down the field as they were pushing it down the field at will.

He got hurt against the Falcons and Kirk Cousins ended up throwing 2 interceptions in the 4th if I'm not mistaken.

If it wasn't for a horrid pass defense they would have beat the Giants.

Those 3 games put them at a 6-3 record all by the hands of other players. RG3 is doing everything he can to put the team in position to win but another player does something to lose it for them.

RG3 has lead them to a 3-6 record with the 31st ranked pass defense, numerous injuries on both sides of the ball (our best defensive player and our best wide receiver and tight end).

RG3 is no doubt in my mind the better QB. I am also a huge Redskins fan so I may be a little bit biased :D