The 2013 Atlanta Braves Thread:

hokie07

read somewhere the Rangers have interest in him...but slim pickin's after that...i dunno i could see the Braves throwing some cash at him on a year or two deal...they have some money if they want to spend it.

He'll sign somewhere for a big contract. Scott Boras knows exactly what he's doing. In the end some team will think they're getting a deal when in reality they're paying what Boras wanted all along.

He'll sign somewhere for a big contract. Scott Boras knows exactly what he's doing. In the end some team will think they're getting a deal when in reality they're paying what Boras wanted all along.

not likely to happen this offseason he most likely will get a 1 or 2 year deal worth around 10 mill a year

not likely to happen this offseason he most likely will get a 1 or 2 year deal worth around 10 mill a year

thats what i'm thinking and the Braves could do that...plus, Braves have a legit shot at a ring vs. the Rangers....so if he doesn't get a long term deal, the Braves might look good if he's been happy there.

Frank Wren confirmd last week that there have been no talks with Bourn and his agent since beginning of December. I agree, a Justin Upton trade is more likely than re-signing Bourn.

i doubt anything would happen up to about a week before ST gets rolling...but if it comes down to the wire i could see it...slim chance, but i could see it happening if things go the right way...have to see how it plays out...interesting idea none the less.

Tweets from Buster Olney today...

"D-Backs talks with the Braves about JUpton have resumed. They're likely the frontrunner, if JUpton is dealt."

"The Diamondbacks have been reviewing the Braves' offer for Upton; some folks involved feel like it's a strong offer."

C'mon Frank, lets get this done...

Tweets from Buster Olney today...

"D-Backs talks with the Braves about JUpton have resumed. They're likely the frontrunner, if JUpton is dealt."

"The Diamondbacks have been reviewing the Braves' offer for Upton; some folks involved feel like it's a strong offer."

C'mon Frank, lets get this done...

What a freakn' outfield that would be...

O'Brien is reporting that Teheran is likely being offered, which I hate to hear.

That's the rumor, but nobody knows for sure. Whatever we have to give up, I'm sure its gonna hurt because we're getting 3 years out of Upton. Seattle offered their #1, #3, and #6 prospect along with a young arm they have until 2018 so that'll probably be Arizona's benchmark for a potential deal.

O'Brien is reporting that Teheran is likely being offered, which I hate to hear.

this is the rumored potential deal includes from the Braves would be pitching prospects Julio Teheran and J.R. Graham, shortstop prospect Nick Ahmed and reliever Jordan Walden to Arizona

If the Braves get the other Upton, that's going to all but seal Bourn's fate for a 1 one 2 year deal somewhere else...I don't see him getting a long term deal anywhere at this point...which might have as much to do with teams putting Boras in his place for the stuff he's pulled the last few years as it does anything.

My idea about him coming back to the Braves is not that far fetched either...they are in the #3 spot as most likely on this list:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/20/michael-bourn-is-still-waiting-for-some-love/

*Braves wouldn't have to give up prospects if they bring Bourn back either...and talks of a deal for the other Upton might force Bourn's hand if he wants to get paid AND have a shot at a ring....just my opinion....but if Bourn is looking for that he'll have to jump on it in the next day or so before this other deal goes through.

Some talk of Prado being in the trade, which I hope isnt the case. Just wouldnt make sense for 2013, but it may longterm. Im fine with giving up prospects for J. Upton. Heck, both Uptons may play better than they have been being back together.

this is the rumored potential deal includes from the Braves would be pitching prospects Julio Teheran and J.R. Graham, shortstop prospect Nick Ahmed and reliever Jordan Walden to Arizona

I don't think it will happen if Arizona insists on Graham. They're not giving him up.

If the Braves get the other Upton, that's going to all but seal Bourn's fate for a 1 one 2 year deal somewhere else...I don't see him getting a long term deal anywhere at this point...which might have as much to do with teams putting Boras in his place for the stuff he's pulled the last few years as it does anything.

My idea about him coming back to the Braves is not that far fetched either...they are in the #3 spot as most likely on this list:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/20/michael-bourn-is-still-waiting-for-some-love/

*Braves wouldn't have to give up prospects if they bring Bourn back either...and talks of a deal for the other Upton might force Bourn's hand if he wants to get paid AND have a shot at a ring....just my opinion....but if Bourn is looking for that he'll have to jump on it in the next day or so before this other deal goes through.

Here's the thing with Bourn... I can handle 150 k's from a guy who's job is to drive in runs. Power hitters are going to strikeout. That's just the way it is. What I can't handle is 150 k's from a guy who's job is to get on base. If he want's the kind of contract he's asking for he needs way fewer k's and a lot more walks. I'm sorry but the guy is overrated.

Some talk of Prado being in the trade, which I hope isnt the case. Just wouldnt make sense for 2013, but it may longterm. Im fine with giving up prospects for J. Upton. Heck, both Uptons may play better than they have been being back together.

Definitely not the case. It will be Teheran or Delgado, probably Amhed, and one or two lesser prospects. They won't overpay.

Peter Gammons tweet: "One voice on Braves package for Upton Delgado, Gilmartin, Spruill"

PLEASE let that happen. Regardless, there's a decent chance we know something good or bad by the end of the day...

I hate to lose Prado but if that's the deal I will take it. Fills the holes at LF and 3B and gives them the most potent lineup in the league. Simmons will have to lead off but I think he will be just fine.

I was hoping to be wrong in the Prado deal, but he was an arbitration guy who is in a single year contract. I have confidence in Simmons leading off. He has the speed and shown some ability to make contact at the plate before the hand injury. Will just need to change his approach a little at the plate.

Johnson isnt bad, but hit RH pitching better than LH pitching, so if they want to platoon him and Francisco, that needs to change, and Francisco needs to improve in the field as a whole. Long term, this is probably great for Atlanta.