The 2013 Atlanta Braves Thread:

hokie07

Fredi must have heard me when I said bat Uggla 2nd... but then he struck out four times so forget I said it. Bat Chris Johnson 2nd instead. I makes no sense to have the MLB batting leader batting 5th or 6th with nobody on base. Bat him 2nd so the MLB HR leader can have someone on base when he comes up. I like Fredi but he sucks at making lineups. Do this...

Simmons

C. Johnson

J. Upton

Freeman

Gattis

B. Upton

R. Johnson

Uggla

Today's (Tuesday) starting lineup:

1. SS: Andrelton Simmons

2. 3B: Chris Johnson

3. LF: Justin Upton

4. 1B: Freddie Freeman

5. C: Evan Gattis

6. 2B: Dan Uggla

7. CF: B.J. Upton

8. RF: Reed Johnson

9. SP: Tim Hudson

McCann will be back in the lineup tonight. Gattis (who's 2nd on the team in seven offensive categories) will probably play LF (J. Upton moving to RF) until Heyward comes back. Then he will be relegated to backup and pinch hit duties.

McCann will be back in the lineup tonight. Gattis (who's 2nd on the team in seven offensive categories) will probably play LF (J. Upton moving to RF) until Heyward comes back. Then he will be relegated to backup and pinch hit duties.

sounds about like the Braves...put the best guy on the bench.

Braves clinging to a 1 game lead over the Nats...I was hoping they might be able to stay in first for the entire year but not looking good right now...they looked like crap today...pissed me off.

I hope not. There have been a few guys that came back after having Tommy John twice.

Even just saying that isnt a good thing, he could either come back and be a decent releiver for a few years, or i could see this leading to a third one and ending his career. I hope not, but you never know.

The braves need to get their tail in gear.

Braves have played 26 of 40 games on the road and got all their 3 series road trips done before mid May. Lots of baseball to be played at Turner Field left on the schedule. Plus their still leading the division and out of 12 series played, 8 of those series have been against teams with a + .500 record.

It just keeps getting worse for the best bullpen in baseball. Eric O'Flaherty was placed on the disable list today and the MRI shows a tear in his UCL which could mean Tommy John surgery. They won't know for sure until he meets with Dr. Andrews next week.

On top of that Jordan Walden went on the DL yesterday and there is no timetable for the return of Ayala and Martinez. That makes a total of five Braves relievers on the DL. If it's determined that O'Flaherty does need surgery they will probably have to make a trade. I also expect Medlin to move back to the pen when Beachy returns next month.

down 2-1 headed to the 8th vs. the Dodgers right now...they better find a way to win this one, Nats are getting beaten and it would be nice to go up 2.5 on them again.

and win they did...nice.

they really need Gattis in the line up full time...not that he did anything today, just saying.

No place to put him full time. It's a tough situation. The three positions he can play are filled by your 3, 4, 5 hitters. As good as Gattis has been it would still be hard to justify letting him share time with any of those three. He should be catching once a week but since they want Laird catching Teheran it's not going to happen. So at this point he's a RH pinch hitter and IMO would be better off playing every day in AAA.

No place to put him full time. It's a tough situation. The three positions he can play are filled by your 3, 4, 5 hitters. As good as Gattis has been it would still be hard to justify letting him share time with any of those three. He should be catching once a week but since they want Laird catching Teheran it's not going to happen. So at this point he's a RH pinch hitter and IMO would be better off playing every day in AAA.

I'd put in in CF...you can deduct from there lol.

I'd put in in CF...you can deduct from there lol.

He hit a grand slam yesterday giving him 3 HR and 7 RBI in his last 6 AB's. As for where to play him... He's hitting .143 as an outfielder and .274 as a catcher.

He hit a grand slam yesterday giving him 3 HR and 7 RBI in his last 6 AB's. As for where to play him... He's hitting .143 as an outfielder and .274 as a catcher.

i dont think he's fast enough to play CF daily...BJ hit a HR yesterday though.

time for some Mets.

i dont think he's fast enough to play CF daily...BJ hit a HR yesterday though.

time for some Mets.

BJ will come around. He's had streaks like this before, although maybe not this long and at the beginning of the year, but they say he's always been streaky. Personally I think Schafer should play CF as much as possible until BJ does come around. He looks like he's finally becoming the player Atlanta once thought he would be.

5.5 up now...and on another streak.

I hope this isn't one of those years where the Braves dominate and then have one of the best records in baseball, yet still miss the playoffs or go 1 and out...that drives me absolutely insane when it happens.

A bit of a shakeup for the Braves today. First they called up LHP Alex Wood from AA and designated 3B Juan Francisco for assignment. This means they are back to a seven man bullpen and Chris Johnson is FINALLY the full-time third baseman. Francisco will likely be traded (hopefully for another reliever).

They also made a decision to hold Heyward, Bupton, and Uggla out of tonight's lineup. Those three (and Francisco) aren't hitting. Gattis, Schafer, C. Johnson, and Pena are and should be in the lineup as much as possible until they stop, or the other guys start.

It looks me to like Fredi Gonzalez just got told what to do.

A bit of a shakeup for the Braves today. First they called up LHP Alex Wood from AA and designated 3B Juan Francisco for assignment. This means they are back to a seven man bullpen and Chris Johnson is FINALLY the full-time third baseman. Francisco will likely be traded (hopefully for another reliever).

They also made a decision to hold Heyward, Bupton, and Uggla out of tonight's lineup. Those three (and Francisco) aren't hitting. Gattis, Schafer, C. Johnson, and Pena are and should be in the lineup as much as possible until they stop, or the other guys start.

It looks me to like Fredi Gonzalez just got told what to do.

and right on time Francisco gone to the Brewers for Keeling....I like this trade.

Teheran is brewing a little something through 7...

Damn it... no hitter broken up at 7.2 IP. I didn't even want to mention it in this thread, but the ESPN app ruined it for millions anyways.