The 2013 Atlanta Braves Thread:

hokie07

Well it all starts today...

I'm excited to see all the new pieces in place, but probably most excited to see Evan Gattis in the near future. He's already a great story and I really think he'll make an impact down the road for us.

interesting note, after only a couple of days, only 6 undefeated teams remain, and 3 of them are in the NL East.

early on i know, but i found that interesting.

..and just looking ahead, if the Braves can sweep the Phils, they might have a nice little run here to start the season with the Cubs and Miami up next.

My concern at this point is Hudson and Maholm not being able to pitch at least six innings. We cannot overextend the bullpen during the regular season.

you guys know how ole fredi is he loves to over work the bullpen

My concern at this point is Hudson and Maholm not being able to pitch at least six innings. We cannot overextend the bullpen during the regular season.

Bullpen will be called on quite a bit early in the season, but Huddies and Maholm are generally good for 6.

well so much for the sweep...should still do well over the next 6 games. I remember when the Braves started out 12-0 or whatever back in the 80s when Murphy and Horner were the anchors in the line up...was hoping for a little of that old magic this year...it was sure fun watching it play out back in the 80s.

Freeman was placed on the 15-day DL with a strained oblique.

and he's PISSED OFF about it...someone needs to tell him to keep his mouth shut.

Braves are strokin' it so far...6-1, best record in baseball to this point.

We may have a problem when McCann gets back. Gattis is playing real good baseball right now. You can't take him out of the lineup with what he's been doing lately.

wonder if he can play CF? lol

J-Hey is at .071 and BJ is at .103 as of right now....ouch!

if those two can get going, even just an average effort...and you get Freeman and McCann back and producing...look out...scary how good they look so far and not even with 3 or 4 key players contributing daily.

I'd say Gattis will end up as a dedicated catcher to Minor or one of the starters and play in rotation once McCann comes back...kinda like they did with Lopez when Madduxx pitched....gives McCann a rest and keeps Gattis fresh...assuming they don't carry an extra bullpen pitcher on the roster instead...you never know with Fredi.

The good thing is that it seems each and every night someone new is stepping up to the plate (no pun intended) and delivering. That bodes very well moving forward especially once, as Lance said, guys like Heyward and BJ start swinging the bat better and guys like Freeman and McCann get healthy.