The 2013 Atlanta Braves Thread:

hokie07

I could see them using one of the guys as a middle man to try to keep the bullpen fresh in the 2nd half if everyone is doing well...but, I'd say someone will get sent packing rather than them cut a roster spot somewhere else...just my opinion...I dont see them carrying another starting pitcher.

A guy like Teheran could be valuable as a long reliever in September. Someone like Varvaro or Martinez will be cut before any one of the starters.

A guy like Teheran could be valuable as a long reliever in September. Someone like Varvaro or Martinez will be cut before any one of the starters.

yeah just saying, i think if they keep them all one will go to middle relief...they also have that new guy they just picked for the bullpen to figure in to things somehow?

we need more room lol.

10 game win streak...hope they can do a mini-sweep tomorrow.

and as a bonus the Nats lost...not a bad night of baseball.

also...saw on facebook the Braves magic number to clinch is 144 0_o

Where did Gerald Laird come from???

Gattis just looks like a cat waiting to pounce in the batters box...good god this kid is legit.

13-2 now...pretty impressive.

Found this on the ESPN website:

The Braves were shut out 6-0 by the Pirates on Friday. Atlanta is the 1st team in 40 years to be shut out in its 1st 3 losses of the season. Atlanta is the 5th such team in the last 50 years to do that, and none of the other 4 won more than 76 games. The MLB record is 4, by the 1905 Cleveland Naps.

Kind of hard to believe it's been 40 years since that has happened.

Found this on the ESPN website:

The Braves were shut out 6-0 by the Pirates on Friday. Atlanta is the 1st team in 40 years to be shut out in its 1st 3 losses of the season. Atlanta is the 5th such team in the last 50 years to do that, and none of the other 4 won more than 76 games. The MLB record is 4, by the 1905 Cleveland Naps.

Kind of hard to believe it's been 40 years since that has happened.

that's what i love about baseball...endless stats...lol.

Heyward is and his .121 batting average are getting the day off. I think they need to get him out of the #2 spot and use Uggla there (when he comes back from his injury). He's a high walk guy which would put somebody on base for J. Upton (most of his HR's have been solo) and Uggla has performed better in the #2 spot than anywhere else in the lineup during his career. I think Heyward is better suited to bat lower in the lineup where he can drive in runs. I think Fredi like to have speed at the top, and Heyward has it, but speed don't mean much with Atlanta's wall banging A.L style lineup.

Heyward is and his .121 batting average are getting the day off. I think they need to get him out of the #2 spot and use Uggla there (when he comes back from his injury). He's a high walk guy which would put somebody on base for J. Upton (most of his HR's have been solo) and Uggla has performed better in the #2 spot than anywhere else in the lineup during his career. I think Heyward is better suited to bat lower in the lineup where he can drive in runs. I think Fredi like to have speed at the top, and Heyward has it, but speed don't mean much with Atlanta's wall banging A.L style lineup.

I agree...i'd put him down in the 6-7-8 slot until he gets his head straight.

That may explain why he has been hitting so poorly.

thats what i was thinking...

the Uptons made history yesterday...back to back brother HR's...and the Braves win 2 in a double with the Rockies...hopefully the Pirates series was just a fluke.

Fredi must have heard me when I said bat Uggla 2nd... but then he struck out four times so forget I said it. Bat Chris Johnson 2nd instead. I makes no sense to have the MLB batting leader batting 5th or 6th with nobody on base. Bat him 2nd so the MLB HR leader can have someone on base when he comes up. I like Fredi but he sucks at making lineups. Do this...

Simmons

C. Johnson

J. Upton

Freeman

Gattis

B. Upton

R. Johnson

Uggla

Fredi must have heard me when I said bat Uggla 2nd... but then he struck out four times so forget I said it. Bat Chris Johnson 2nd instead. I makes no sense to have the MLB batting leader batting 5th or 6th with nobody on base. Bat him 2nd so the MLB HR leader can have someone on base when he comes up. I like Fredi but he sucks at making lineups. Do this...

Simmons

C. Johnson

J. Upton

Freeman

Gattis

B. Upton

R. Johnson

Uggla

pretty solid.

Braves get swept by Detroit and the guy they traded for Uggla (Omar Infante) did most of the damage.

Medlen had better get it together...his 7 day ERA is almost 9!

I realize it's a long season, but that road trip was brutal.

not bad other than Pirates and Tigers...fwiw the Pirates always seem to play us tuff, even when we win.

Would be nice to sweep the Nats again :)

Im okay with a couple of slides as long as we keep owning the gNats.

i know right? i love it lol....i get so sick of hearing how great they are, how stacked they are, and how loaded they are....just keep on spanking that Nat ass.