Question for John Battle fans or Bristol people

Hokiebird7

There are no restaurants at exit 10. The list at exit 7 is almost endless but what you've heard about the traffic is correct.

Among those at exit 7 are Cheddars, Chili's, Logans, O'Charleys, Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesday, Outback. A few good locals are Los Arcos, Kobe, El Patio. Oh and if you are in the mood for some awesome pizza, the Mellow Mushroom is closest to JSB.

If you wanna avoid the traffic at Exit 7 you could think about eating in Abingdon on your way down.

Hope this helps.

There are no restaurants at exit 10. The list at exit 7 is almost endless but what you've heard about the traffic is correct.

Among those at exit 7 are Cheddars, Chili's, Logans, O'Charleys, Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesday, Outback. A few good locals are Los Arcos, Kobe, El Patio. Oh and if you are in the mood for some awesome pizza, the Mellow Mushroom is closest to JSB.

If you wanna avoid the traffic at Exit 7 you could think about eating in Abingdon on your way down.

Hope this helps.

Which exit is the closest to the stadium? Traffic sucks sometimes but it sure beats going through a ton of red lights and stops

Which exit is the closest to the stadium? Traffic sucks sometimes but it sure beats going through a ton of red lights and stops

They are both about the same distance. If you exit at 10 take a right at the end of the ramp, then a left at the light. That's the only stop on your way to JSB getting off exit 10. It's a straight shot down route 11 after that one light.

You will have at least 5 red lights to deal with if you go with exit 7 to get back to JSB.

They are both about the same distance. If you exit at 10 take a right at the end of the ramp, then a left at the light. That's the only stop on your way to JSB getting off exit 10. It's a straight shot down route 11 after that one light.

You will have at least 5 red lights to deal with if you go with exit 7 to get back to JSB.

Thanks for everything....one more question...if we do stop in abingdon to eat before the game what places are close to the interstate? I don't want to have to drive too far off the interstate cause i'll probably be getting to stadium around 7:15 or so anyway

Abingdon has 3 exits. Exit 19 has Cracker Barrell, Harbor House Seafood and Bellas Pizza. Plus the usual fast food places.

Exit 17 has Shoneys and a ton of fast food choices.

Exit 14 has the least to choose from. McDonalds and Subway.

All the more upscale places are on main street which is a few minutes of the interstate for sure.

Subaway, Wendy's, Pizza Hut, and Crackle Barrel are right off exit 19. There's also a steak place off exit 19 also if I remember correctly. Exit 17 has arby's, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Shoney's, and KFC also.

It's been about 10 years since I lived down that way and a couple years since I worked down there but that's what I can remember off the top of my head.

Locals, feel free to add or correct.

Exit 19 now has a McDonald's, a Dunkin Donuts, and a Dairy Queen. It doesn't have a Pizza Hut, but it does have Pizza Plus. Burger King, Wendy's, Huddle House, Cracker Barrel, and Bella's (subs and pizzas) are also off Exit 19 and there's also seafood at Harbor House and an Italian place called DaVincis.

The Taco Bell at Exit 17 burned a couple months ago, so it's not open. There's a Long Johns, Wendy's, Hardees, and a Charley's sub place along with the other places already mentioned.

Safe travels!

Thanks for everything....one more question...if we do stop in abingdon to eat before the game what places are close to the interstate? I don't want to have to drive too far off the interstate cause i'll probably be getting to stadium around 7:15 or so anyway

Just some parking info if you're getting to the stadium that late, you'll have to walk a bit to the stadium. By then, the top parking lot at the field should be full and the parking lot in front of the school as well as the front road going up Battle Hill (Battle Hill Drive) and the back road (Trojan Drive) will most likely be packed as well. There's a chance you'll have to park in the baseball parking area. If you're coming up Battle Hill Drive (the one with the high school's sign) about halfway up the hill there's a gravel road on your left that goes by the baseball field (which is right next to the road, can't miss it) and a lot of people park out there somewhere. Otherwise, some people do tend to park at the places across the highway from Battle Hill (there's an empty house-looking doctor's office between a garage and car lot), but you'll have to cross the highway and walk all the way across the hill.

Hope this helps.

I have eaten at mellow mushroom once. It was a Sunday around 4:30. Took at least an hour to get our food after ordering. Go really early if you are eating there.

There is a nice local pizza shop called Hambino's just off of exit 10. The person who said earlier that the one at Lee Hwy is the only red light must have forgotten the one near Trojan Dr. To take Thomas Denton's advice, you will go through this light and Battle Hill Dr will be on your right.

Hope this helps.

Also, at exit 7 are a Golden Corral, Chick-Fil-A, Fazoli's, Olive Garden, Taco Bell and Starbucks Coffee to name some others.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Edited by tbgfan

Mellow Mushroom is really good. I have eaten at the Bristol one a few times. In my experience if everyone in the party gets something different it takes some time but if you just order a pizza then its not that long of a wait.

Im goin to the game friday and thats where I plan on eating.

I live at exit 7, less than a half mile away from Battle, you'd be better off going to exit 7, not exit 10, in my opinion

Isn't that weird? You live half a mile from Battle, yet go to VHS and I live just a little over 5 minutes from VHS (and about 15 minutes from Battle) near Exit 5, yet I went to JSB. The city/county line just kind of zig-zags throughout the area, lol.

But as far as traffic goes it's probably best to get off exit 10 first and drive down Lee Highway toward the Exit 7 area to get something to eat before the game. Traffic will suck, but at least you'll be able to see where the high school is at first and IMO you'd get a better look at what Exit 7 has to offer rather than just getting off the interstate right in the middle of that mess. It can get a little confusing for someone who either hasn't been here before or hasn't been here in more recent years, especially when people start blocking the intersections right there at the exit, trying to get through before the light changes. I always hate that.

avoid exit 7.

thats all you need to know.

beyond that...

stop and eat in marion on your way down, stop and take a dump in abingdon (a good place to do so), take exit 10 and hang a left... and then you are all settled in for the game.

avoid exit 7.

thats all you need to know.

beyond that...

stop and eat in marion on your way down, stop and take a dump in abingdon (a good place to do so), take exit 10 and hang a left... and then you are all settled in for the game.

Simple and effective advice Lance. Good job.

HAHAHA!

Marion does have a Macadoos.

Exit 7 is a little confusing and it seems that all of the restaurants are kinda hidden