Abingdon's playoff road could be rough

Jason

I know what you all are saying about how things used to be when we played. And I fully agree. Having said that, times have changed. Not just here, but everywhere...even where any of you went to school. The difference is that some coaches realize that and they have changed the way they approach the kids. They earn the respect of the kids. They relate to them. They form a relationship with them. They make the kids realize how much they LOVE the game. Kids respond. AHS has a serious problem that no one wants to voice concern over because the front office doesn't want to hear it....and their kid WILL SIT. The AD is now the interim principal as well. Oh, that's great. He's the AD, the Basketball coach, the interim principal....where do you think his interest lies? I remember a few years ago there were some kids that played basketball that wanted to go to Knoxville to play in a football tourney they have down there post season. He flat out told them that if they went to that then would not be allowed to play basketball. He didn't want anyone getting hurt. There were teams from all over the country...Minnesota, Florida, Illinois, etc....and yet he was worried the kids would get hurt and not be able to play bball for him. What???? A once in a lifetime chance to play football against kids from across the country and he's worried about someone getting hurt?? That alone tells me that he is worried more about how HE looks as opposed to the opportunity this allowed the kids to experience. These coaches are all about themselves...as I mentioned in another post....and I just have to ask "why?" You coach in Podunk America, your record is at best .500, and you crucify kids for playing 2 sports. You think Mike Kryzewski is going to recruit you to come coach? Or Freddie Gonzales is going to be knocking on your freaking door? You had your chance and you did what you could with it. Now, lets move on and HELP these kids do the most they can. Sorry for the rant....but what I said in this post is not a bit exaggerated. Its truly this bad.

I know what you all are saying about how things used to be when we played. And I fully agree. Having said that, times have changed. Not just here, but everywhere...even where any of you went to school. The difference is that some coaches realize that and they have changed the way they approach the kids. They earn the respect of the kids. They relate to them. They form a relationship with them. They make the kids realize how much they LOVE the game. Kids respond. AHS has a serious problem that no one wants to voice concern over because the front office doesn't want to hear it....and their kid WILL SIT. The AD is now the interim principal as well. Oh, that's great. He's the AD, the Basketball coach, the interim principal....where do you think his interest lies? I remember a few years ago there were some kids that played basketball that wanted to go to Knoxville to play in a football tourney they have down there post season. He flat out told them that if they went to that then would not be allowed to play basketball. He didn't want anyone getting hurt. There were teams from all over the country...Minnesota, Florida, Illinois, etc....and yet he was worried the kids would get hurt and not be able to play bball for him. What???? A once in a lifetime chance to play football against kids from across the country and he's worried about someone getting hurt?? That alone tells me that he is worried more about how HE looks as opposed to the opportunity this allowed the kids to experience. These coaches are all about themselves...as I mentioned in another post....and I just have to ask "why?" You coach in Podunk America, your record is at best .500, and you crucify kids for playing 2 sports. You think Mike Kryzewski is going to recruit you to come coach? Or Freddie Gonzales is going to be knocking on your freaking door? You had your chance and you did what you could with it. Now, lets move on and HELP these kids do the most they can. Sorry for the rant....but what I said in this post is not a bit exaggerated. Its truly this bad.

i thought we stopped talking about Abingdon coaching a long time ago. lol.

That doesn't count Lance, everyone likes Bull! Met the man one time and will never forget him

I liked some of my coaches, respected all of them. Now that im older I appreciate the things they did for me(even if I didn't at the time). Sometimes it seemed like they were singling me out and they were, to help me. I only had 1 coach who was "warm" the rest were kinda cold.

Edited by redtiger

It's getting ridiculous! Stop with the Falcon bashing! God! It's every time I get on here! Why can't you guys pull for the Falcons one year? You did the Trojans? Why can't this year be the year of the beak?

It's getting ridiculous! Stop with the Falcon bashing! God! It's every time I get on here! Why can't you guys pull for the Falcons one year? You did the Trojans? Why can't this year be the year of the beak?

It's about time you came back. Have a good vacation? Drink too many wine coolers at the lake?

One thing I can say about Abingdon, their band can out perform any of the other schools they face!

If that were true, they'd have more Virginia Honor Band trophies (highest honor a VA Band can get).

And now.....back to football.

I see Abingdon at 4-6. Unless they show something more than they normally do, I just don't see it this year.

If that were true, they'd have more Virginia Honor Band trophies (highest honor a VA Band can get).

And now.....back to football.

I see Abingdon at 4-6. Unless they show something more than they normally do, I just don't see it this year.

I don't give a damn who you are, that's funny!!!!

One thing I can say about Abingdon, their band can out perform any of the other schools they face!

That and a dollar will get you a sweet tea at McDonalds.

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt they will outplay gate city's band. I read on the Mountain District forum where they have 113 kids in the marching band this year. They are always good. One of my favorite marching bands, especially when they played Styx a few years back.

I doubt they will outplay gate city's band. I read on the Mountain District forum where they have 113 kids in the marching band this year. They are always good. One of my favorite marching bands, especially when they played Styx a few years back.