VHS @ Richlands

V-Cats

Couldn't wait to start the discussion. I am torn about this one, I was raised a Blue Tornado [my dad grew up in Richlands] but I'm a proud VHS alum; haven't decided where I'm going to sit on Friday. This game will likely decide the SWD crown, should be a good game

This one's really hard for me to predict. I know Richlands is still a very tough team, regardless of the last game's outcome, and that VHS still has a lot of potential, but it's hard to make a prediction on this one considering Richlands played a monster last game and VHS was off. I'm thinking a Richlands victory (it's at RHS, they'll definitely want to get back to winning after that last game, and VHS could have a slow start coming off a bye week which could hurt them in this game), but we could be surprised..........maybe I'll toss a coin for this one, lol.

Couldn't wait to start the discussion. I am torn about this one, I was raised a Blue Tornado [my dad grew up in Richlands] but I'm a proud VHS alum; haven't decided where I'm going to sit on Friday. This game will likely decide the SWD crown, should be a good game

A VHS grad and not sure which side to sit on...no wonder you use that "V-Cats" nonsense instead of Bearcats. Here is my homer pick:  Bearcats in a very close one.

A VHS grad and not sure which side to sit on...no wonder you use that "V-Cats" nonsense instead of Bearcats. Here is my homer pick:  Bearcats in a very close one.

I've seen lots of alumni, students, and even teachers from other schools sit on the home side at Battle before while wearing their school's colors because they have friends/family on the home side or they maybe lived in the area before. Not really that uncommon.

Virginia High has some speed, but are they ready to stop being Virginia High?  Richlands ventured outside the kingdom and it showed, but is there still a Richlands as we've come to know it?  This is an interesting game.  If Richlands struggles with Va High's speed, then look for Bluefield to break out a homecoming queen on them.

If Staten is back I'll say VHS by 14. Without Staten RHS will not even score. VHS by 28

Hahahahahahah. My oh my. We lose one game to a team that would whip every team in this area, and suddenly we lose to VA High by 28? Wow.

I say sit where you want and don't worry about NONSENSE. Keep in mind , if you sit on the VHS side you will be mighty lonely as our fans don't have the grumption to drive past exit 10 to support our team.

Hahahahahahah. My oh my. We lose one game to a team that would whip every team in this area, and suddenly we lose to VA High by 28? Wow.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was a forum to give predictions and such. I'll revise mine. RHS by 10000. Go BLUES

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was a forum to give predictions and such. I'll revise mine. RHS by 10000. Go BLUES

Sarcasm aside, make whatever pick you like. This is a forum to give predictions and such, and with that, comes critism when I think it's worthy.

You beat us by 28 and I'll anoint you king of predictions.

So right Mr. Bulldog. Maybe someone needs to call them a Whine-balance.

Lol.  I've never heard of a "whine-balance".   If you're trying to be clever, maybe you should use "waaambulance".  Whine-Balance sounds like a new shoe for Tazewell by New Balance.  You're welcome. 

I say sit where you want and don't worry about NONSENSE. Keep in mind , if you sit on the VHS side you will be mighty lonely as our fans don't have the grumption to drive past exit 10 to support our team.

Well you are correct in that VHS does not travel very well.  We have basically no football tradition to speak of (at least not since Fred Fisher left).  But if our alumni that do travel to the games can't bring themselves to sit on the VHS side then when will that mentality ever change?  That is unless you travel to Battle, where everybody just loves the Trojans and sits on their side just because they are so darn lovable.