VHS @ Richlands

V-Cats

Haha.... love it! If you think this bothers me than keep it coming! One ? for you guys, since you guys where in the Roanoke area, did you guys get new cleats?

Even with your rants, I continue to pull for the Bulldogs weekly.  This younger generation isn't as briefed on the cleat issue.  The slightly aged, chubby crowd seems to be expert opinion on "cleatgate."  That would be the crowd you and I are in.  Those jabs aren't nearly as effective as they were, say....ten to fifteen years ago.

if the "R" has any pride,and i'm sure they do,  they will bounce back,everyone rem when wave was reduced to mudpuddle at grayson co???

If I'm not wrong, Clintwood got healthy and returned the favor come playoff time and won state??

I would say they will be having some rough practices this week, so my prediction is a motivated Richlands comes in and wins by a small margain, they like to keep us people that stand at the 10 yard line chipper and chatty through out, but don't want to get 'verbal bashed' by the 'no respect' crew in the endzone like they did last week. I think Strong is still pissed at us, he wouldn't even come down the sideline last time. Hey Ryan! You should come down and join us down there and get rowdy. :P

As far as who to cheer for, it would be different if this was Battle and VHS, because we're actually rivals. If it came down to it and I had to pick sides, I'd pick the 'Cats.

Oh, and why is there so much hate for the V-Cats logo? Personally, I like much better than some plain, ordinary Bearcat (like the ugly 50 yard line stencil that Reed put in)

If I'm not wrong, Clintwood got healthy and returned the favor come playoff time and won state??

Right and wrong.  Grayson was D2, Clintwood was D1 so they didn't meet in the playoffs but Clintwood did get healthy and the beating they took served as a wakeup call and they went on a roll. Eventually winning 3 playoff games against teams that were projected to beat them to win the state title.  

That sort of game can make or break a team,  Lets hope Richlands responds well

As far as who to cheer for, it would be different if this was Battle and VHS, because we're actually rivals. If it came down to it and I had to pick sides, I'd pick the 'Cats.

Oh, and why is there so much hate for the V-Cats logo? Personally, I like much better than some plain, ordinary Bearcat (like the ugly 50 yard line stencil that Reed put in)

Too each his own but tradition must stand for something. Why the dislike of the name you used?  Because we are BEARCATS not the name you choose to illicit.  And as an alum, I can't believe you would even have to "pick sides"...just another example of what is wrong with VHS and why we may NEVER develop into a real football program.  Maybe you should just sit on the oppositions side...we need true believers and supporters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well you are correct in that VHS does not travel very well. We have basically no football tradition to speak of (at least not since Fred Fisher left). But if our alumni that do travel to the games can't bring themselves to sit on the VHS side then when will that mentality ever change? That is unless you travel to Battle, where everybody just loves the Trojans and sits on their side just because they are so darn lovable.

Battlechick, I guess you are not real familiar with sarcasm?  But I do root for Battle when playing anyone else. 

V-Cat...I doubt you based on your statements on this board.  Go sit with Richlands fans.  On second thought, why don't you see just how many of your Richland buddies will sit on the VHS side, especially if VHS is winning!

Battlechick, I guess you are not real familiar with sarcasm? But I do root for Battle when playing anyone else.

V-Cat...I doubt you based on your statements on this board. Go sit with Richlands fans. On second thought, why don't you see just how many of your Richland buddies will sit on the VHS side, especially if VHS is winning!

I'm not sure you guys know just how good LB is.  That team is well coached and they have a stud RB....maybe even a 3 star D1 player.  Couple that with the fact that Staten didn't play and it was a recipe for what happened to RHS.  RHS is very well coached and while I think RHS will win either way, if Staten plays the spread will be even bigger.  With Staten my prediction is RHS 30 VHS 12.  Without Staten RHS 20 VHS 12.  Just one man's fearless prediction. 

I'm not sure you guys know just how good LB is. That team is well coached and they have a stud RB....maybe even a 3 star D1 player. Couple that with the fact that Staten didn't play and it was a recipe for what happened to RHS. RHS is very well coached and while I think RHS will win either way, if Staten plays the spread will be even bigger. With Staten my prediction is RHS 30 VHS 12. Without Staten RHS 20 VHS 12. Just one man's fearless prediction.

Finally, a sensible post.

I think VHS is gradually getting the concepts of the new coach.  And I see that he is adapting his concepts to the players he was.  I see improvement in the adjustments every week.  If, and that is a big if, VHS can put it all together this week, they have a real shot in this game.  Their team speed is really good.  And they are a little unpredictable as the coach is figuring out what works, what doesn't, who should play where, etc.  Should make it a harder to game plan for.  But Richlands is still Richlands and I wish we were not following the LB game...I expect the Tornadoes to play with a chip on their shoulder and out to prove something.