2013 thoughts

redtiger

heres just a little list of a few things I have noticed about the season and my opinions on various things. Feel free to add on or tell me how wrong I am lol

Auburn, good record but not for real

Galax, better than their record. They have lost to some good teams(except Glenvar, idk what happened there)

Haysi is a very good, very balanced team. Straight forward running game, complex passing game. Quick Defense.

Honaker is a very good, very balanced team. Complex rushing attack, straight forward passing game, Strong Defense. 

The top 5 SWVA A teams are better than the top 5 SWVA AA teams. (SWVA being west of Roanoke)

A West has a strong chance at winning a 3rd straight state title.

A West has a strong chance to have 2 teams in the state title game for a 3rd straight year.

Glad to see Twin Valley winning some games. Its been a while since TV won 40-0 over anyone(maybe never). Definitely worth the trip.

Lee is better than everyone thinks.

the Hogoheegee is incredibly competitive, even if its not a very good district.

Don't overlook Altavista, Essex or Franklin in 1A East. 

not overlooking them at all, 3 great teams. But I firmly believe the West will be represented well in the final 4. At the beginning of the season I don't think it looked that way, at least not to me. It looked like the East was loaded and the West was a little thin. There are some good teams on our side of the state.  Essex is probably the #1 A team in the state(and rightfully so).

If I were to die in the near future, I want my pallbearers to be Virginia High players so my Bearcats can let me down one last time

I need to use that line for the Hokies next time they let me down.

If I were to die in the near future, I want my pallbearers to be Virginia High players so my Bearcats can let me down one last time

There was a Cleveland Browns fan that actually had that statement run in his obituary in the Cleveland Plains Dealer...for real...word on whether the team complied or not lol

My 2013 thoughts, everyone in swva is weak. When you have 2 BDD teams at the top, you know things are weak. Union, not impressive. Battle struggling as late. Clintwood and Gate City both no longer top dogs. Richlands? Not all that great either. Norton? Good until they play good teams. Lee and Eastside? Started strong but have fallen off the ship. Va High? Predicted to do well, but has yet to produce consistantly. Central? must be awful. Lebanon? Good QB I hear but it takes 11 to win. Abingdon? Worst AAA team in the land. Tazewell, GW, Graham, and etc are all also very weak. Swva is no longer a football powerhouse.

My 2013 thoughts, everyone in swva is weak. When you have 2 BDD teams at the top, you know things are weak. Union, not impressive. Battle struggling as late. Clintwood and Gate City both no longer top dogs. Richlands? Not all that great either. Norton? Good until they play good teams. Lee and Eastside? Started strong but have fallen off the ship. Va High? Predicted to do well, but has yet to produce consistantly. Central? must be awful. Lebanon? Good QB I hear but it takes 11 to win. Abingdon? Worst AAA team in the land. Tazewell, GW, Graham, and etc are all also very weak. Swva is no longer a football powerhouse.

Way to be positive bro...............

Back 2 Back State titles say otherwise

ok, maybe not a powerhouse but if we will all remember about 6 years ago we had all written SWVA football off for the foreseeable future, and look at us now.

and as far as the BDD goes, Honaker and Haysi are solid teams any district would be proud to have.

SWVA has dominated in the 1A category for two years now and is predicted to do so again this year. As far as 2A goes, there's a lot of teams that aren't really playing as well as they used to or as well as everyone (unreasonably) expected, but most of these teams are rebuilding and straightening things out. I believe 2A will be strong in SWVA in the very near future (2 or 3 years from now) as long as fans and schools are patient.

AHS is the ONLY AAA school in the land....bro. So, real profound statement there.

As far as 2A goes, there's a lot of teams that aren't really playing as well as they used to or as well as everyone (unreasonably) expected, but most of these teams are rebuilding and straightening things out. I believe 2A will be strong in SWVA in the very near future (2 or 3 years from now) as long as fans and schools are patient.

Agreed

In other news, man invents wheel. This and other stories if the day coming up at 11:00.