Graham-Galax Updates-October 19

starcityfootballfan

Steven Peoples scores again.  He has 428 yards on 16 carries and 5 touchdowns.  I have to admit, this is surprising.  Galax didn't play well together as a unit until the second half of the Giles game.  Evidence of that is littered throughout the first 5 games.

Galax radio broadcast is saying Peoples may have committed to Virginia Tech.  Not sure of the accuracy of this statement but he is deserving.  He set a VHSL single game rushing record today with 511 yards rushing.

Tech has exhausted scholarship spots for running backs. They had hopes for one more in Shai Mckenzie out of Penn. I've heard he has a walk on offer. Maybe a gray shirt?

It is the Galax radio broadcast!  They are not known for accuracy.  They have only been at this for a few years now and are getting better each and every week.  Although, everyone said essentially the same thing you are saying last season with Daniel Hamm from Fort Chiswell and his possible signing with UVA.  He ended up going to UVA and played very well until getting injured.  Wherever he goes, he is a hell of a player.

Galax radio broadcast is saying Peoples may have committed to Virginia Tech.  Not sure of the accuracy of this statement but he is deserving.  He set a VHSL single game rushing record today with 511 yards rushing.

Congrats to this young man and Galax, even if it came against my GMen.  That's just outstanding.

If Graham's defense were good.......that would make them a "good" team.  Most other teams can point to one unit also, be it the O or D.

It's usually not that stark a difference.  Graham can put up enough points...usually.  567 on Grundy, 42 on Giles, 30+ on Tazewell and Bluefield, 26 on Richlands.  

You could say the D and blame it as such, but 7 points will not win games. This team is average and ran into a very bad day. We did nothing against Bluefield, did you watch the game? We scored on their middle school. Grundy was pitiful and everyone scores on Giles not astounding D last but not least is Tazewell. C'mon we had a good game against Grayson and that is it. Don't blame the D, I have been to every game and we WERE overachieving to get here. Be proud of what has been accomplished and hope we make the playoffs