With the Galax-Graham game, it's pretty clear how good F. Chiswell is

BandanaVTDavis4321

And this will give Graham fans an idea of just how good Fort Chiswell is.  They completely manhandled Galax.  The G-Men can come back and make this closer with Galax, but this will definitely give Graham and idea of what lies ahead when playing on the road at Fort Chiswell.  The score or beating may equal that of the Bluefield game.  It will simply get out of hand early and be over by the end of the first quarter.  FC also won on the road at Galax, well they didn't win, they stomped them on the road.  Galax did this to Graham in Bluefield.  Graham will finish its season at 5-5 with wins coming against Narrows and Bland, and a loss at Fort Chiswell that may exceed 35 or 40 points.  If you think Galax is good (and they are) you haven't seen nothing yet.  The team over there at the 77/81 juction is a totally different beast.

"But we're not going to be altogether shocked by a Fort Chiswell romp."  I am not sure who "we're" is or who you represent.  Maybe the entire board, I am unsure, but the point of my post wasn't the prediction or the obvious....which by the way.....is very obvious.  The point of the post is.......(and this is not necessarily obvious) that it puts into perspective or may give some perspective as to how good Fort Chiswell actually is after seeing the Galax team that dominated the game today.  This gives some perspective.  Of course fans knew FC was a good team, as is Galax, and Graham is still pretty good, but today's game gives perspective for Graham fans who still have yet to play Fort Chiswell, and I think after today, it is definitely in my opinion and to use your word...."obvious." P.S.  Graham's coach stated on the radio that Fort Chiswell was a beatable team.  Evidently, before today.....things may have not been so obvious, to include the head guy of the Graham program because Fort Chiswell is in fact. Not a beatable team for Graham.

I went over and watched the fort/narrows game(2nd time I've got a look at fort). While the score was completely lopsided I saw an undersized narrows team move the ball up and down the field by running into the heart of the fort defense. Several drives stalled in the redzone. I've already stated that fort will beat graham. However, I do think that the g-men can both run and pass on forts defense. I do not believe that graham can stop forts offense. They have a very accurate qb and 2 backs that run hard and smart. Forts line on both sides of the ball are huge and atheletic. Fort will sub liberally on defense and attack the ball, but they do have some holes.

Are they beatable? Absolutely. Can the g-men win? Only if they control the clock and keep the ball out of forts offense's hands.

I've watched fort twice this year. By far the most balanced team I've witnessed this year and certainly capable of winning out. But both times I've witnessed the same holes in the defense. They are strong on the edges and pursue every play. A strong running team can exploit those weaknesses inside the tackles. They have small corners that play extremely soft coverage relying on pressure from the defensive front. With quick passes a team would have space to make plays before forts corners can make up the ground. Long developing pass plays will not work. #53 and #55 will get pressure.

As for the total yards reference. The bulk of narrows' yards in the first half were achieved on the opening drive. Narrows has no line, but were able to put together a sustained drive by targeting the center. Drove it to the 2 yard line and could not punch it in.

I fully expect Graham to lose in this matchup but there are some places where its possible for the gmen to make plays. They will not be able to stop forts running game. If by some chance they do forts qb is amazingly accurate and will pick them apart.

• 3 weeks later...

"But we're not going to be altogether shocked by a Fort Chiswell romp." I am not sure who "we're" is or who you represent. Maybe the entire board, I am unsure, but the point of my post wasn't the prediction or the obvious....which by the way.....is very obvious. The point of the post is.......(and this is not necessarily obvious) that it puts into perspective or may give some perspective as to how good Fort ChiswYell actually is after seeing the Galax team that dominated the game today. This gives some perspective. Of course fans knew FC was a good team, as is Galax, and Graham is still pretty good, but today's game gives perspective for Graham fans who still have yet to play Fort Chiswell, and I think after today, it is definitely in my opinion and to use your word...."obvious." P.S. Graham's coach stated on the radio that Fort Chiswell was a beatable team. Evidently, before today.....things may have not been so obvious, to include the head guy of the Graham program because Fort Chiswell is in fact. Not a beatable team for Graham.

"But we're not going to be altogether shocked by a Fort Chiswell romp." I am not sure who "we're" is or who you represent. Maybe the entire board, I am unsure, but the point of my post wasn't the prediction or the obvious....which by the way.....is very obvious. The point of the post is.......(and this is not necessarily obvious) that it puts into perspective or may give some perspective as to how good Fort ChiswYell actually is after seeing the Galax team that dominated the game today. This gives some perspective. Of course fans knew FC was a good team, as is Galax, and Graham is still pretty good, but today's game gives perspective for Graham fans who still have yet to play Fort Chiswell, and I think after today, it is definitely in my opinion and to use your word...."obvious." P.S. Graham's coach stated on the radio that Fort Chiswell was a beatable team. Evidently, before today.....things may have not been so obvious, to include the head guy of the Graham program because Fort Chiswell is in fact. Not a beatable team for Graham.

looks like everyone was wrong about graham and fort.

looks like everyone was wrong about graham and fort.

It's only one game (albeit late in the season...hmmm).  Is Graham the Jekyll & Hyde team in SW Virginia?  "Was Graham a trap game for Fort or an apparition of a contender," says Howard Cossel, voice trailing off?  

It's only one game (albeit late in the season...hmmm).  Is Graham the Jekyll & Hyde team in SW Virginia?  "Was Graham a trap game for Fort or an apparition of a contender," says Howard Cossel, voice trailing off?  

i just think this team really figured out who they are and that they can beat the big teams and teams that everyone says that they cannot. i did see the galax game and to me it looked like the kids did not even have their collective heads in the game, it was like they were somewhere else and just went thru the motions. but give galax credit they came with a great game plan and i give graham credit they too came with a good game plan and used it to win. i feel this is a stepping stone to better things for ghs. they seem to have a very good freshman qb and that bodes well for the future at this position. only time will tell. but again graham may be doing what needs to be done now and getting ready for a few more games in post season.