FB HS Updates Wk. 9- 10-25-13

trublue

Ben Brown stepped up BIG!!!  Richlands with 4 TO's and a lot of sloppy play pulled out a victory that would have been a stunning loss.  Richlands' defense kept them in this game.

Abingdon and their kids wanted this game badly...and they almost won it.  Open week may have gotten Richlands healthier but they came out flat and played flat for most of the game...but as the old saying goes....a WIN is a WIN... even an UGLY win.

Home cookin in Union...

Looks to me like you guys would be tickled to death with the officiating...y'all have a right tackle that hardly ever gets set and holds on 75% of the outside runs to his side...AND you only got called on it once. Not to mention the shanked punt out of the endzone that was caught by a Marion player around the 10 and marked near the 15 where he advanced it to. The punt wasn't blocked, should have been Union ball at the point of first touching. There wasn't anything at all wrong with the officiating that didn't go both ways. It wasn't the best I've ever seen but it didn't cost either team the game. Union outplayed Marion and made plays when they needed to...Marion didn't. End of story.

Jim Saccoâ€@Sacco_BHCSports7m

RT @vhslreference: @vhslreference: VHSL Football: Upset of the night. Blacksburg (3-4) defeating the Class 2A #1 team Gretna 15-7.

ABC13 Sportsâ€@13Sports3m

FINAL: Greenbrier West, WV 41 James River 14

(Don't remember all the finals I've posted because I was on pins and needles listening to the last minute of the Richlands game...might be some duplicates)

ABC13 Sportsâ€@13Sports19m

FINAL: Fort Chiswell 44 Grayson Co. 19

FINAL: Glenvar 35 Auburn 20

FINAL: Floyd County 42 Eastern Montgomery 14

Jim Saccoâ€@Sacco_BHCSports14m

RT @vhsbearcats: Game over. Lebanon - 35, Virginia High - 28.

Great State

Sacco's tweet

Jim Saccoâ€@Sacco_BHCSports14m

And Chandler Miller with nine tackles, two for a loss in Honaker's 41-6 win over Castlewood

Tim Hayesâ€@Hayes_BHCSports18m

Holston, George Wythe, Chilhowie now tied atop the Hogoheegee District football standings

Great State

Final!! 21-17. Brown is the MVP of the season right there. Crazy game!!!!!!

Game was over when Abingdon intercepted that pass late in the game, Brown then stole the ball back, then the rest was something that will be talked about for a long time. Great win.

Looks to me like you guys would be tickled to death with the officiating...y'all have a right tackle that hardly ever gets set and holds on 75% of the outside runs to his side...AND you only got called on it once. Not to mention the shanked punt out of the endzone that was caught by a Marion player around the 10 and marked near the 15 where he advanced it to. The punt wasn't blocked, should have been Union ball at the point of first touching. There wasn't anything at all wrong with the officiating that didn't go both ways. It wasn't the best I've ever seen but it didn't cost either team the game. Union outplayed Marion and made plays when they needed to...Marion didn't. End of story.

I was wrong on the punt. Marion had three chances in the red zone and only got three points. Hats off to Union, really good football team!! Best of luck on the rest of the season.

Union has a good team hats off on the win Marion had chances to win just didn't make enough plays Good Luck in playoffs we may see ya again