11/1 Updates Thread

Ryan4VT

Congratulations to Graham, HUGE win!  

BIG win for Lee tonight.

Solid win for Clintwood too, I thought Eastside might be able to move the ball some. Glad to see I was wrong.

Haysi beat Harlan Independent 56-7. Jeff Bowen set 2 Haysi records tonight.  Single game rushing with around 320 yards, previous mark was set in '02 by Ryan Rose who ran for 274 against Hurley(with yours truly clearing the way). Bowen also set the Haysi single season rushing record with around 1,750 yards, previous mark was set by Blaine Hackney in'96(?) with just over 1,500 yards. Jeff also had 6 TDs tonight

Abingdon beat Tazewell fair and square.  The hit on the kid everyone is talking about was a fair hit.  Plain and simple.  I spoke with the kid and all he saw was the receiver reach his hand up and he thought he might have caught it so he hit him.  Yes, he hit him hard but its football.  Then the THS coach goes crazy and gets a sideline penalty and then gets a unsportsmanlike penalty.  That's what really happened.  AHS had a kid with a broken foot go out early and AHS replaced him with a freshman corner.  The kid played great.  He was on an island and played great.  He broke up a slant that had been working all night for THS and the next play call by THS was brilliant.  They pump faked the slant and the kid bit on it...nice pass down to the 1.  That same freshman, who is SUPER fast took one to the house on the kickoff...and when I say super fast I mean super super fast.  Fastest kid I have seen in a long time.  He caught a gap around the corner and hit another gear.  There were penalties both ways, trust me.  There were some "no calls" both ways as well. Was it a perfectly called game?  By no means...but it was fair both ways. The kid who made the tackle on the 4th and 3 made a game saving tackle probably.  He slid inside the right tackle (who whiffed on the block) and grabbed Davis around the ankles to make the stop.  Davis had nobody in front of him and would have gotten the first and a whole lot more.  AHS was without our starting RB, Perrigan,  and our starting QB went out for a few plays and a freshman QB stepped in and got a TD.  Our FB/RB had a whale of night...4 TD's and played great on defense. It was a good game and the, apparently dreaded, Falcons won.  Tonight was senior night for our kids and they got the W.  They graduate 6 seniors (of which only 4 play) and the young kids stepped up for them.  Wait, did I say young kids?  Yes, yes I did.  Just like I have been saying for 2 years now.  Finally, talk about excuses.  And everyone here said I make excuses.  Pot, meet kettle. 

Joey Carroll sucks plain and simple...

Here's an opinion for ya......

If you wrote down every single thought you ever had you would get an award for the shortest story ever.

Abingdon beat Tazewell fair and square. The hit on the kid everyone is talking about was a fair hit. Plain and simple. I spoke with the kid and all he saw was the receiver reach his hand up and he thought he might have caught it so he hit him. Yes, he hit him hard but its football. Then the THS coach goes crazy and gets a sideline penalty and then gets a unsportsmanlike penalty. That's what really happened. AHS had a kid with a broken foot go out early and AHS replaced him with a freshman corner. The kid played great. He was on an island and played great. He broke up a slant that had been working all night for THS and the next play call by THS was brilliant. They pump faked the slant and the kid bit on it...nice pass down to the 1. That same freshman, who is SUPER fast took one to the house on the kickoff...and when I say super fast I mean super super fast. Fastest kid I have seen in a long time. He caught a gap around the corner and hit another gear. There were penalties both ways, trust me. There were some "no calls" both ways as well. Was it a perfectly called game? By no means...but it was fair both ways. The kid who made the tackle on the 4th and 3 made a game saving tackle probably. He slid inside the right tackle (who whiffed on the block) and grabbed Davis around the ankles to make the stop. Davis had nobody in front of him and would have gotten the first and a whole lot more. AHS was without our starting RB, Perrigan, and our starting QB went out for a few plays and a freshman QB stepped in and got a TD. Our FB/RB had a whale of night...4 TD's and played great on defense. It was a good game and the, apparently dreaded, Falcons won. Tonight was senior night for our kids and they got the W. They graduate 6 seniors (of which only 4 play) and the young kids stepped up for them. Wait, did I say young kids? Yes, yes I did. Just like I have been saying for 2 years now. Finally, talk about excuses. And everyone here said I make excuses. Pot, meet kettle.

Great game. Tazewell couldn't stop abingdon and abingdon got a stop late. No excuses. Got to make plays when it's on the line.

About the questionable hit, it was questionable. Period. Tazewell player was taken to hospital after helmet to helmet hit. They didn't call a penalty and head coach took up for his kid. That's how it should be.

On a side note, have you ever heard winning team say " hey, we won, but we cheated!" Haha it just makes no sense to start of with fair and square. Looks guilty and trying to justify.

Both teams have great potential and have some very good young talent. Good luck to both teams

Great game. Tazewell couldn't stop abingdon and abingdon got a stop late. No excuses. Got to make plays when it's on the line.

About the questionable hit, it was questionable. Period. Tazewell player was taken to hospital after helmet to helmet hit. They didn't call a penalty and head coach took up for his kid. That's how it should be.

On a side note, have you ever heard winning team say " hey, we won, but we cheated!" Haha it just makes no sense to start of with fair and square. Looks guilty and trying to justify.

Both teams have great potential and have some very good young talent. Good luck to both teams

I was responding to your partners in crime whining.   You're reaching.  Like I said, I spoke with the kid about the hit after the game.  He told me that he knows the kid he hit and hurt from basketball.  Made him feel even worse. It was totally unintentional, I promise you that.  That kid doesn't have a mean bone in his body.  I mean he's not the malicious type.  I agree it was a great game. I think we'll have some good rivalries in the near future.  I read where THS only graduates 3.  We graduate 6, but of those 6 only 4 play and of those 4 one is a coaches son who hasn't played since his freshman year and he starts on both sides of the ball.  Hmmmm.  Anyway, best of luck to you guys.  Tell your kids to keep their heads up.