Va High @ Gretna

Jethro

I don't know. Given the spread between their seeding, I feel very confident that Gretna will win, but the likelihood of an upset here is higher than Giles/Grayson County and probably Dan River/Glenvar. If Gretna were to sleepwalk, maybe. But teams that have "been there before" don't sleepwalk very often in playoffs. Not to mention the long drive.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

At the risk of sounding like the biggest Homer of all time, I truly believe VHS has a real shot at Gretna.  VHS can match their speed.  VHS can match their offense.  The Hawks have a tendency to start bellyaching at the refs, barking at each other, etc if they are not blowing out their opponents.  If VHS can keep it close late, they have a chance. 

However, if VHS turns over the ball, doesn't limit the Gretna big plays and don't ignore the extracurricular activities/actions of the Hawks and their fans, it will be a LONG, LONG night. 

I believe Coach Crist's experience will help prepare my beloved Bearcats and they upset Gretna and take another big step in the process of building a decent program.  VHS 34  Gretna 28....

At the risk of sounding like the biggest Homer of all time, I truly believe VHS has a real shot at Gretna.  VHS can match their speed.  VHS can match their offense.  The Hawks have a tendency to start bellyaching at the refs, barking at each other, etc if they are not blowing out their opponents.  If VHS can keep it close late, they have a chance. 

However, if VHS turns over the ball, doesn't limit the Gretna big plays and don't ignore the extracurricular activities/actions of the Hawks and their fans, it will be a LONG, LONG night. 

I believe Coach Crist's experience will help prepare my beloved Bearcats and they upset Gretna and take another big step in the process of building a decent program.  VHS 34  Gretna 28....

Blacksburg beat Gretna this year with a mediocre team.  VHS' coach is the son of Blacksburg's coach.  I am sure he is getting a good dose of information on Gretna. 

Tell you what Canes00...I'll bet the VHS/Gretna game is closer than the spanking Appo is about hand down. 

The only thing that Va High has in their favor right now is Austin Kiser at quarterback.  He has done one hell of a job since taking over for the Cats in that position; however, he will need some help.

lol I ain't worried Appomattox cause I know Marion is a big underdog but Marion's game will be closer than yours

So you're making fun of the fan that thinks we have a chance, but you're basically saying the same thing when you say that your game will be a close one. What's the problem? Still sore from the ass kicking we gave you guys?

I think we have 2 other "plusses":  Justin Brown and Coach Crist.

We definitely need Brown's "A" game, that is for sure, but he definitely is a plus for us.

So you're making fun of the fan that thinks we have a chance, but you're basically saying the same thing when you say that your game will be a close one. What's the problem? Still sore from the ass kicking we gave you guys?

Nah I didn't get my a$$ kicked and it's just football so I'm feeling pretty good myself Thanks for asking though