Va High @ Gretna

Jethro

Nah I didn't get my a$$ kicked and it's just football so I'm feeling pretty good myself Thanks for asking though

Wow, you actually got likes from people for being an obnoxious smart ass? Amazing, this place always had more class than that, I thought. Before talking smack about our team, or our fans, look in the mirror and remind yourself of what happened when your team came to Bristol. We might not win but there is nothing wrong in people being optimistic and trying to look on the bright side.

Wow, you actually got likes from people for being an obnoxious smart ass? Amazing, this place always had more class than that, I thought. Before talking smack about our team, or our fans, look in the mirror and remind yourself of what happened when your team came to Bristol. We might not win but there is nothing wrong in people being optimistic and trying to look on the bright side.

lol I didn't lose no sleep over that game and I wont this Friday

So you're making fun of the fan that thinks we have a chance, but you're basically saying the same thing when you say that your game will be a close one. What's the problem? Still sore from the ass kicking we gave you guys?

Nothing wrong with having a little hope. I'd just be a little more realistic if I was playing Gretna.

Brown has to have a career day in my opinion. The ride down there is a big hurdle more than people realize unless they have done it. Its a shame its not on Saturday where you guys could have left on Friday and made it much better. I am for sure pulling for the Bearcats but its a tall task. Good luck Bearcats !!!!!

A lot of factors.   We took our kids up there a few years ago during our first playoff trip.

The bus ride up there isn't an easy one...... The locker room is a decent little walk from the field and your path goes right infront of the Gretna locker room where you can all but be assured you'll have a large group of Hawks outside to start the trash talking early.    You'll enter their stadium infront of their state championship signs...which can be a little intimidating in itself for kids who've never made it out of the first round.  

It's a little rough up there.... an administrator advised us to keep our kids together walking to and from the locker room.   

I hope VHS goes up there and competes...but I just cant see VHS staying focused on the task at hand with all of the extra curricular stuff.  

A lot of factors. We took our kids up there a few years ago during our first playoff trip.

The bus ride up there isn't an easy one...... The locker room is a decent little walk from the field and your path goes right infront of the Gretna locker room where you can all but be assured you'll have a large group of Hawks outside to start the trash talking early. You'll enter their stadium infront of their state championship signs...which can be a little intimidating in itself for kids who've never made it out of the first round.

It's a little rough up there.... an administrator advised us to keep our kids together walking to and from the locker room.

I hope VHS goes up there and competes...but I just cant see VHS staying focused on the task at hand with all of the extra curricular stuff.

A lot of factors. We took our kids up there a few years ago during our first playoff trip.

The bus ride up there isn't an easy one...... The locker room is a decent little walk from the field and your path goes right infront of the Gretna locker room where you can all but be assured you'll have a large group of Hawks outside to start the trash talking early. You'll enter their stadium infront of their state championship signs...which can be a little intimidating in itself for kids who've never made it out of the first round.

That don't surprise me nothing but class at Gretna

Nothing wrong with having a little hope. I'd just be a little more realistic if I was playing Gretna.

I am being very realistic.  VHS can compete with these guys.  Gretna isn't that far removed from owning the longest losing streak in VHSL history.  They have been good for the last 10 years or so but that cycle is starting to turn, IMHO. 

VHS has the advantage of Crist getting some inside information from his dad on how to beat Gretna.  VHS was (unfortunately) coached by Thurman for 2 years.  Gretna is a product of Thurmanese.  VHS should have some inkling of what to expect from the crowd and the players. 

VHS has had success throwing the ball of late.  Greta is not good at defending the pass.  Justin Brown is a legitimate running back.  VHS can mix it up enough to keep Gretna on its heels.

VHS does have to overcome the long bus ride, the trash talking, the overall team speed of Gretna.  But they can.  I expect a VHS win...I am not much on moral victories.  If Gretna wins, congratulations to them.  But if VHS wins, it puts us on the football map.  We have more to gain in this one.  I hope we are the hungrier team.

I am being very realistic. VHS can compete with these guys. Gretna isn't that far removed from owning the longest losing streak in VHSL history. They have been good for the last 10 years or so but that cycle is starting to turn, IMHO.

VHS has the advantage of Crist getting some inside information from his dad on how to beat Gretna. VHS was (unfortunately) coached by Thurman for 2 years. Gretna is a product of Thurmanese. VHS should have some inkling of what to expect from the crowd and the players.

VHS has had success throwing the ball of late. Greta is not good at defending the pass. Justin Brown is a legitimate running back. VHS can mix it up enough to keep Gretna on its heels.

VHS does have to overcome the long bus ride, the trash talking, the overall team speed of Gretna. But they can. I expect a VHS win...I am not much on moral victories. If Gretna wins, congratulations to them. But if VHS wins, it puts us on the football map. We have more to gain in this one. I hope we are the hungrier team.

Don't be surprised then if u get drilled

Very little surprises me about H.S. football. You never know about teenagers. I see it like this; VHS either gets hammered or wins a relatively close game. Either way, I will be in a tree stand Saturday morning!

I haven't seen Va High this year but have seen Gretna  -  stop Rosser's run game, force him to throw and VHS has a chance  -   a good running team can move the ball on Gretna,  this one might end up a surprise - and as another mentioned, the Va High coach will have some help from dad reference the game plan  -  if VHS doesn't take a back seat to the hawks, they have a chance