Tazewell to retire the 11?

Ryan4VT

Just saw this on Facebook. There is a group that wants to retire Rasnick's number. 

http://tazewellstar.com/tazewell-bulldogs-fans-call-to-retire-no-11/

Pretty good read. Although, it says he helped lead them to the state title game in 08? I think it means region title, right? Or am I losing my memory? Lol.

Just saw this on Facebook. There is a group that wants to retire Rasnick's number.

http://tazewellstar.com/tazewell-bulldogs-fans-call-to-retire-no-11/

Pretty good read. Although, it says he helped lead them to the state title game in 08? I think it means region title, right? Or am I losing my memory? Lol.

Yes...region title game

Yes I am. Pains me to talk about that game. I think it's a fabulous idea. The only reason hasn't happened yet is because his brother has been wearing for the last 4 years. TJ was a special kid that I am very proud to say I knew, coached , and loved. He was very unselfish on the football field, even when he could have been.

I always heard good things about T.J. and he is still admired and missed in the Tazewell community.  I say they either retire his number or do as Michigan did with the #98 jersey.  If the number is not retired make it a special number.   Put a patch on the jersey remembering T.J. and maybe give it to a senior each year who excels on and off the field and who has dedicated himself to his team, school and town.  Also I think it would give the players some extra pride and determination....make them work harder to want to wear that jersey.

Just a thought.

TJ was a very special young man and my "buddy" --who I miss today as much as the day of his homegoing--

I think this would be a great honor and tribute to his memory to retire #11

Life has many choices---eternity two

Retiring #11 is the right thing to do, and a fitting honor to a great athlete, but an even better person. TJ was a special kid, and like barondawg said, I am very honored to have known, coached, and loved him as well. This absolutely needs to be done to honor the memory and spirit of one of the finest young men to every put on the green and white.

If you retire it, it will soon fade away and be forget. The idea of someone wearing it in honor of someone keeps the reason alive and kids 10 years from now will know the purpose of it instead of seeing a jersey hanging behind a piece of glass. Wear it in his honor with a simple patch over the heart with something short and sweet on it. Just my take on it.

If you retire it, it will soon fade away and be forget. The idea of someone wearing it in honor of someone keeps the reason alive and kids 10 years from now will know the purpose of it instead of seeing a jersey hanging behind a piece of glass. Wear it in his honor with a simple patch over the heart with something short and sweet on it. Just my take on it.

Actually never thought about that but you are kind of right.  Could always do like some colleges where the jersey is retired not necessarily the number.  On someone else's point I say reserve it for a senior on the team that has shown the great inspiration and leadership.  Somethings does need to be done to honor it for sure.

I don't know if there is a rule against putting someone elses name on the back of a jersey or not, but I kinda think it would be cool to do that and have someone wear it only for homecoming each year, they could do some sort of ceremony to go along with that. Would be a good thing for the team and TJ's memory.

Good kid, I still think about him all the time.

Having a Sr wear it is the best idea imo, because he meant so much more to the Tazewell community than just a great player.  Put a black patch on the chest with a white TJ, that's what I would do.

Wearing it on Homecoming every year would be awesome too. Could even keep it behind glass in the lobby of the new football facility the other 364 days of the year and take it out just for Homecoming.

I didn't know the young man but its incredible to see the impact he had on the lives of so many.