Galax player

eersfan88

nothing confirmed, but i read on facebook that med flight had called in a good report to BRMC, said they didn't think anything was broken. Hopefully they are just being very cautious, which is good. 

He suffered a back injury. He was medflighted out.  They announced that he was talking and moving his hands, he was in a lot of pain.  They also announced that the paramedics thought he was gonna be ok.

He took a hard shot on a clip, wasn't necessarily a "dirty" play, it was near the ball.  Just a mistake.

Don't want to take chances with an injury like that.

That was scary,but galax media blew the hit outta pa portion.. Calling it dirty and to toss the defender out..glad hes ok but geez..its a contact sport..things are gonna happen

Be a little more specific. From the Galax Gazette:

The game was halted for more than an hour with 5:45 to play when Galax lineman Cross Gonzalez suffered a back injury on the fumble return. As a precaution, a Virginia State Police medical helicopter was called to the scene and transported Gonzalez to a Tri-Cities area hospital. 

“I’m not sure what happened, I just pray that he’ll be okay,†said Dixon. “I don’t know the whole situation, don’t want to say too much. I’m just praying, the whole team is praying, I know our community is praying, and certainly the people at Haysi were wonderful.â€

With the teams sent to their locker rooms, a local pastor led the silent stadium in a heartfelt and touching prayer for Gonzales. According to a tweet from Galax City Public Schools, he was released from the hospital Saturday night.

Be a little more specific. From the Galax Gazette:

The game was halted for more than an hour with 5:45 to play when Galax lineman Cross Gonzalez suffered a back injury on the fumble return. As a precaution, a Virginia State Police medical helicopter was called to the scene and transported Gonzalez to a Tri-Cities area hospital.

“I’m not sure what happened, I just pray that he’ll be okay,†said Dixon. “I don’t know the whole situation, don’t want to say too much. I’m just praying, the whole team is praying, I know our community is praying, and certainly the people at Haysi were wonderful.â€

With the teams sent to their locker rooms, a local pastor led the silent stadium in a heartfelt and touching prayer for Gonzales. According to a tweet from Galax City Public Schools, he was released from the hospital Saturday night.

He's talking about the radio announcers. They actually took away from the fact that a kid was down and being medflighted out by continually saying how dirty it was and he should be thrown out.

He's talking about the radio announcers. They actually took away from the fact that a kid was down and being medflighted out by continually saying how dirty it was and he should be thrown out.

Yeah, I was listening via wwwj1360 (Galax) and one announcer was professional as usual.  There was one (maybe the color guy, I hate to listen to him) announcer that protested a little too much.  First, it was a hit in the back by a Haysi player that was not called a penalty.  Haysi should of had the ball (which they did at the 50) but the announcer wanted the officials, who was looking right at the play according to the color guy, to flag the hit in the back that caused the injury (and take some yards back).  I think the color-guy was caught up in the potential score by Dixon(who fumbled) which would have put Galax within two with 5+ minutes left.  Way I see it...sometimes a call is just missed (ref's can't see everything) but Haysi would of had the ball anyway, and it was up to Galax to keep Haysi from scoring and they didn't. That announcer (sure sixcat knows who I'm talking about) could of said what he saw once but he did carry-on too much and it was not appropriate for that situation.  Good luck to Haysi tonight.

Yeah, I was listening via wwwj1360 (Galax) and one announcer was professional as usual.  There was one (maybe the color guy, I hate to listen to him) announcer that protested a little too much.  First, it was a hit in the back by a Haysi player that was not called a penalty.  Haysi should of had the ball (which they did at the 50) but the announcer wanted the officials, who was looking right at the play according to the color guy, to flag the hit in the back that caused the injury (and take some yards back).  I think the color-guy was caught up in the potential score by Dixon(who fumbled) which would have put Galax within two with 5+ minutes left.  Way I see it...sometimes a call is just missed (ref's can't see everything) but Haysi would of had the ball anyway, and it was up to Galax to keep Haysi from scoring and they didn't. That announcer (sure sixcat knows who I'm talking about) could of said what he saw once but he did carry-on too much and it was not appropriate for that situation.  Good luck to Haysi tonight.

His name is Crockett Brown.  In my opinion, he is way too immature to be in that position!  He must have stated 25 times that the officials needed to come to the booth and review the video that he was replaying for anyone withing earshot to come see.  He later posted it on facebook with some very absurd comments that only fueled the less than classy segment of our community.

It was an unfortunate situation but the young man is okay.  I have seen the video and it should have been a penalty but it was in no way, shape, or form, malicious.

One of the first things you learn in sandlot, on a turnover, you better have your head on a swivel!