Union @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

I agree we have a young team and it showed in the second half. I personally chalk that loss up to coaching. Mance played Beamer ball he played to lose.

Tell me don't you live in Tazewell or work in Tazewell, have family there seems you have a little of that Green on you.

Union or Powell Valley 8 times out of ten has been a tight game for us.

I just believe they have a better grasp of what Richlands does from their past rivalry and coaches that

are quicker to adjust to it.

It changed when they started running their QB.

For the last 10 years, yeah that's way before the transfers started, Richlands has been on the cutting edge of the spread in SWVA,

other schools are adapting becoming more familiar and better able to defend. The edge is getting dull.

Bet your bottom dollar these coaches will adjust and find another edge in time if they choose to put up with the bleacher coaches.

Tell me don't you live in Tazewell or work in Tazewell, have family there seems you have a little of that Green on you.

Union or Powell Valley 8 times out of ten has been a tight game for us.

I just believe they have a better grasp of what Richlands does from their past rivalry and coaches that

are quicker to adjust to it.

It changed when they started running their QB.

For the last 10 years, yeah that's way before the transfers started, Richlands has been on the cutting edge of the spread in SWVA,

other schools are adapting becoming more familiar and better able to defend. The edge is getting dull.

Bet your bottom dollar these coaches will adjust and find another edge in time if they choose to put up with the bleacher coaches.

I don't beleave ol nado has any green in him, if I not mistaken  I think he may have even played qb for the Blues many moons ago.

I dont think he was throwing the coach under the bus with what was said. maybe u should have listen to some of the coachs commits on the radio after the game. If I am rembering right I beleave the coach said the team played not to lose, instead of playing to win after they got a 3 td lead and I might be wrong but arent the coach or coachs part of the team.

They're big boys, they can handle it.  Can't coach football with thin skin.  It's kind of like running for public office.  And I can understand your perspective on the coaches, however, not one coach on that sideline has made one first down after all these years.  There has been some outstanding young athletes come through that stadium.  Coaches prepare.....and on that night Travis Turner, son of Tom Turner (VHSL Hall of Fame coach @ Appalachia) was prepared when it mattered.  Football lasts four quarters and players need to be in shape to play those four quarters.  Not starting a war on here, it is what it is.  No team....including Richlands can win 8-10 games a year, every year.

They're big boys, they can handle it.  Can't coach football with thin skin.  It's kind of like running for public office.  And I can understand your perspective on the coaches, however, not one coach on that sideline has made one first down after all these years.  There has been some outstanding young athletes come through that stadium.  Coaches prepare.....and on that night Travis Turner, son of Tom Turner (VHSL Hall of Fame coach @ Appalachia) was prepared when it mattered.  Football lasts four quarters and players need to be in shape to play those four quarters.  Not starting a war on here, it is what it is.  No team....including Richlands can win 8-10 games a year, every year.

Well said.