Union @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

Going to be tough sledding now. With Farris out they can double Zeke and will really effect the Blues more than you think. Richlands is in trouble! Cade Mullins will probably be the replacement and is pretty good but nothing like Farris. I can't believe I'm saying this but I have always tried t be a fair guy to everybody. I havent picked against the Blues in several years but If Union don't just turn the ball over 3 or 4 times........I think Union wins a close one.......man that hurt and I'm sorry Blues! I think if the Blues can score 30 points they win.

Tiger its at Ernie Hicks which will help. Futbolking is right unfortunately I think. I still think they can win at least three of those but that really is two of Richlands best four players in my opinion. Farris and Cordle play both ways. A very big lick but its no excuse because all teams have to deal with it sooner or later. I can see us going 7-3 and on the flip side 4-6. I'm praying for the first. I am sure about one thing though........Friday Night is a must win for us if the first is possible.

Richlands has a young team this year.  Not many senior starters.  Years like this require a conservative approach.  IMO, Vance is the biggest threat offensively and putting him in the "I" at tailback would be a good idea.  Always nice to to back to the mentality of whipping the person in front of you.  Many titles have been won like that.  That's my 2 cents.

I love the Blues and have so much respect for what coach Mance and his staff have done over the years at Richlands,  but this may now be his toughest coaching jobs in a while.  The loss of Farris and Cordle will be hard to over come especially in the next couple of weeks with the tough schedule.

Like Razor has stated,  they are 2 of our best players and to lose them now at the beginning of the season and what may be the blues toughest schedules they have had in a while is going to be hard to over come.  But you can't use that as an excuse, as we have played and beat people in the past that were dealing with injuries.  All teams have to deal with injuries at one time or another.......it just sucks that it had to be 2 of our best at the same time.  We need the next man to step up and show up !

But no doubt about it,  it is going to be hard for the blues against Union,  and I don't think Union  ( or anybody else for that matter )  is going to feel sorry for us....lol........nore should they !  Union always has a good team and good fan support and are tough to beat even when we are 100% healthy

My heart says Blues in a close one at home,  but my brain says that Union may just pull it out.............I think I will go with my heart,  at least for this week.  We still have one of,  if not The best coaching staffs in SWVA and I think they find a way !

Watched a decent bit of practice today. Didn't see Cordle out there. But I've been hearing through the grapevine that he may be back to practice tomorrow.

That would be fantastic !  Would hate to see him lose much time since it is his Sr year !  It would really mean a lot to the O and D line to say the least !

contain passing, union, has no running game,union has a few wideouts,tall and lanky and are only to get  better....conditioning (or will)seemed to be factor, against wave, as game wore on......wave was wearing them out.......